"Account Transfer Failed: This character hasn't logged in recently"

So I’m encountering this very frustrating catch-22 while attempting to move my level 60 DH from my inactive alt account to my active main account. I wanted to level them during the Timewalking event, but I can’t move the character because apparently I need to log in and stretch his legs before he can make the jump for… some reason. Literally the error says ‘This character hasn’t logged in recently. Log in with this character and try again’. I can’t log into the character however because I just paid 35$ for a pack and I’m not paying an additional 15$ just for the privilege of using it.

I figured this would be a fairly simple problem to fix, but alas CS has been absolutely unhelpful thus far. I’ve gotten two replies to my tickets so far that are basically just automated ‘have you tried turning it on and off again?’ responses. I don’t expect there will be any real fixes at this point but I wanted to post this here before I requested a refund. Any chance of some help, or am I out of luck?

I know it used to be that you could not transfer a character off an inactive account.

But whether I’m just not seeing it or if it’s changed, I cannot say. Perhaps when one of the SFAs pop in, they can clarify? Otherwise you may want to go ahead and pop a ticket in for a Purchase Failure, to get a GM to help address the issue.

You can do that here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/167/ticket

4 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I’ve submitted another ticket as you suggested, so I guess we’ll see. Thanks again!

24 Hour Update

Filing a ticket with purchase failure got me a response in a matter of hours and the rep actually read my ticket. If anyone is reading this in the future with a similar problem, USE THE ABOVE LINK!