Account Suspension

Hello,

I’m reaching out to request a review of my recent suspension for “Abusive Chat.” Some time ago (I think early Feb or Late Jan) , I was muted for a week after an incident during the STV Bloodmoon event, which was fully deserved. Since then, I’ve made a conscious effort to improve my behavior and interact positively within the game.

However, I was surprised to find my account suspended again, as I have been very careful to maintain respectful communications. I believe this suspension may have resulted from misunderstandings during a high-stress 110k honor grind, possibly stemming from differences in opinion rather than any abusive actions on my part.

I understand the importance of a friendly gaming environment, and I’m committed to upholding these standards. It would be great if you could review my case, especially the recent chat logs, as I believe they will demonstrate that my behavior does not merit a suspension.

I appreciate your help with this matter, as I’m eager to resolve this issue and continue supporting my raid team.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

The only way to have an account action re-examined is by submitting an appeal ticket. No one in the forums, not even the Blizzard employees, have any role in the account discipline process.

You should have a link to submit an appeal in your notification (email, I think) of your account action.

7 Likes

I’ll grant you may have been trying, Vovas - but ya let a couple F-bombs slip.

Unfortunately, that’s enough to uphold this.

16 Likes

Just as a by the by - please be mindful that social sanctions stack and tend to double each time you get hit. The only warning one is guaranteed to is the one a person gets when they’re reading/agreeing to the rules/TOS/EULA. They were kind in starting you out with the week-long silence. Now you’re suspended for however many days. It will only increase from here, and no - these sanctions do not fall off or decay over time.

Thank you for trying to do better, and I wish you continued luck once your sanction has completed.

5 Likes

I understand and respect the decision-making process, I’m concerned about the severity of the suspension and its impact on my standing within my guild and raid team. My guild is not going to play with someone who’s not dependable and just doesn’t show up out of the blue. Could you consider 2 week mute instead?

7 Likes

This is not a negotiation. There is no plea bargaining. Account consequences are pre-determined, fixed, and escalating based on a history of repeated infractions.

Perhaps the severity will be enough for you to modify your unacceptable communication behaviors, which is the intent of account actions.

Let me reiterate: no one here, not even Orlya (who is a Blizzard Support Forum Agent) can do anything about the account action in play. No one here can offer clemency or commute the sentence.

If you submit an appeal, the responding GM may modify the applied penalty, but there is literally no avenue for you to offer your side of the story, throw yourself on the mercy of the court, or promise to do better. The appeal will be based solely on a re-examination of the internal evidence, by a different GM than the one who responded to the initial reports.

And if the case is as cut and dried as Orlyia seems to indicate, the outcome is extremely unlikely to change.

8 Likes

While Orlyia can offer insight - she does not handle appeals or any other tickets.

Punishments are punishments for a reason - they should hurt, be inconvenient and make someone think twice before typing out something that breaks the rules. Allowing players to dictate what punishments they think they should endure is kind of a pointless endevor.

5 Likes

Sniperorc and Leilleath, If your intention is to be helpful or constructive, to me everything you say just come’s across as patronizing and hurtful.

Even F bombs can cause account suspension? Damn it.

I’m sure that if my posts are out of line in any fashion, I will suffer consequences, as would be appropriate. But your response offers nothing other than a generic complaint that I’ve hurt your feelings. Which is fundamentally not relevant. The facts have hurt your feeling.

AFAICT, your feelings are hurt by the fact you can’t talk your way out of the predicament you’ve talked your way into, and it wouldn’t really matter how bluntly or obsequiously the information was delivered.

If anything I’ve said is incorrect or inappropriate, I’m sure the friendly neighborhood SFA (who is a moderator for this forum) will handle it.

8 Likes

Plain text and language do not often impart ones feeliings or emotions well, but perhaps consider how these responses make you feel now when providing future feedback with your fellow gamers.

10 Likes

Even masked language, in game and the forums, may want to review bith the rules and social contract.

10 Likes

Was just talking about something like that on the other topic today, how can F bomb cause you account suspension and not chat suspension, where’s RMT also causes account suspenison for example. One hugely affect gameplay, chat doesn’t.

But yeah if that’s the rules blizzard stated, I guess even mature filter isn’t of any use anymore.

Will just avoid mature language when engaged in verbal combat ingame from now on.

Also, inappropriate language does NOT need to be directed at anyone in order to still be considered inappropriate.

12 Likes

It is not meant to be neither patronizing nor hurtful. They are simply facts that you’re unfortunately dealing with.

The Customer Support forum is one for players to assist other players. Any posts that are people attacking or being intentionall hurtful or posting just to troll - these posts are reported and removed quite quickly as this is the most heavily moderated forum there is. Our SFAs like Orlyia may pop in threads as they choose to, but the bulk of the interactions are players who are quite well-versed in the rules and such trying to help out folks with the rules, with the procedures and all of that.

This isn’t GD or any other forum where people may troll or be jerks just because they can.

Providing accurate information is what this forum is all about. The regulars who tend to hang out here, we are aware of proper decorum and generally know how to act. I’m sorry you’re seeing this as hurtful or patronizing, but it isn’t meant to be either.

7 Likes

Thank you, noted. Why does mature laguage still exist in this case? Cant selfcast F bomb anymore.

1 Like

Because it’s against the rules. Has been since day one. Blizzard is finally being a lot more responsive in dealing with player toxicity and players are reporting it more like they always should have done. The increase in sanctioning people for their poor language choices and poorer actions has only increased for the better. Folks are tired of it

The language filter exists to try and shield folks, but it doesn’t exist to give players the excuse to let whatever rip. It’s akin to someone wearing a bullet proof vest. It’s not an invitation to start letting bullets fly, if that makes sense? And it’s easily enough subverted with masked or misspelled language.

8 Likes

Multiple offenses. OP was silenced once, this is the second offense, so the penalty increased.

9 Likes

No rules have changed about profanity use since the start of WoW. You have never been allowed to cuss and the mature language filter has never been an excuse that allowed people to cuss. Just because cops wear bullet proof vests doesn’t mean that you are allowed to shoot them. You have never ever been allowed to “selfcast a F bomb”.

9 Likes