Account suspension for a name?

For the name {Removed}? I’ve had the name for a very long time and it is even the same handle as my twitch name. It doesn’t violate your naming policy, nor does it contain offensive language, what gives?

While we’re on the subject, I only have it for one toon… Are the other 29 toons on the armory with the same name also being suspended with forced name changes, or are we just singling out people?

1 Like

Gonna make a list:

1. No one is fooled by you having it a long time, no one in their right mind would think its fitting for the game
  2. Your twitch has nothing to do with this. Don’t know why you’ve brought it up.
  3. If you 're unable to name your toon well, Blizzard can do it for you.
  4. Other people breaking the rules doesn’t mean you can get away from it.
  5. You got reported, that’s all the matters.
11 Likes

Yes. Very much for that name. Honestly that’s one of the more blatant ones. If you have other characters you play that follow similar…naming conventions, you may wish to self report them to change them as to avoid any risk of action taken against you.

9 Likes

Really? Come on now…

They may have already had name changes and the Armory hasn’t updated. Or they haven’t been logged in to make the change.

As for your overall question:

Yes. Penalties are determined by past offenses. First step is a forced rename. Keep it up and suspensions happen.

7 Likes

And then you thought it would be wise to post on a character with that same name?

You’ll want to use the link below and ask them to flag any additional character names that are childish and inappropriate. They are lenient when it comes to self-reporting but future name reports will likely double the account action up-to and including account closure.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/588/solution

12 Likes

I’ll do that, thank you. Feel free to close post.

Only Blues (Blizz employees) can close posts. I’m certain that they’ll be happy to do so when they’re in.

5 Likes
  1. Yes, yes it does violate the naming and language policies that have been in place for WoW for decades. That applies to the forums as well.
  2. Repeating it on the forums can lead to forum penalties as well.
  3. The naming policy is reactive - in that Blizzard does not go hunting for bad names. They rely on players to report them. You got reported. People in the Armory either have not been reported yet, or have not logged in to change the name.
  4. Yes, again you were singled out when you got reported.

A suspension means this is not your first naming penalty. It starts with just a warning and a name change. Further penalties for re-naming back to the reported one, or having other chars with bad names, have more severe duration.

If you have other characters that also violate the name policies, you will want to self report those. Blizzard tends to be lenient on those and let you rename instead of get reported and penalized.

8 Likes