Account Restrictions on AH, trading, and mail in SoD

Im having the same issue. Has there been a blue post about it yet???

No since they have gone home for the night and wont likely see one till the morning.

3 Likes

wait wait wait… if there is a bug in the game it wont get worked on till “normal business hours” but the service runs all night no???

Even developers get to go home some time they cant work 24/7 like GMS.

No, that’s not how it works. Developers rarely post on the forums because they’re too busy working on the game, sometimes around the clock IF emergencies arise. The teams that handle bugs are likely shift work.

SFAs and CMs are not developers and generally have alloted business hours. They will likely have messages to forward when they’re back in the office.

5 Likes

Ok, there was apparently a fix applied yesterday.

If you are on an account that is eligible to buy a WoW Token and you are running into this issue - this is the suggested course of action.

“US characters must take a break and logout from the game, recommendation is 12 hours”

I’m sorry I don’t have anything else to share.

7 Likes

This is for SOD, as the original post requested?

We don’t have wow tokens. What time was the fix applied? My friend made a brand new account last night and now has it as well, so it’s apparently reoccurring.

“Sck”, level 19 Orc Shaman, Crusader Strike Horde US.

I’m providing this as you can look up the time stamp of the character creation. This was made exceptionally late last night EST, which I’m doubting falls within the same time frame of this fix.

I don’t have any other info, Ooga - but yes, this was concerning SOD.

While SOD doesn’t have tokens, retail does - and one must have retail time to play the variants.

5 Likes

I appreciate the acknowledgement of it, though I wish I saw this prior to logging in and restarting the timer. This is wide impacting, you may want to post this information in a SOD oriented forum.

1 Like

Orlyia is not a Dev or any part of their team to make those kinds of announcements. She and the other SFAs are primarily on this forum. They can share what information has been shared with them, but that’s a different beast than going and making official postings and the like.

4 Likes

Free game time extremly rare unless it’s bordering weeks id hardly call 12 hrs a inconvienice. They had realms shut down for 24hrs to prep the game for expac launches and wod was a mess due to a massive ddos campaign. Waiting sucks but not the end of the world.

Thinks 12 hours mandatory self-fix logout time is a lot to ask from customers on a free sunday too.

But we’ll see after they deploy a permanent fix if they’ll give anything, it impacted a lot of players after all.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Randomly happened out of nowhere around 7pm PDT.

Can’t list on auction, can’t send mail? No issues whatsoever previously and I haven’t even touched any P3 content yet, let alone incursions…

This has only been an issue for SOD characters on Classic. My retail WOW characters have no issues whatsoever using AH or mail…

The only thing I can think of that might get flagged by an automatic system is the fact I send items when my inventory/bank space is full to a lower level alt, but this alt is on the exact same account as the sender…?? and I don’t ever send money either. It’s legit just a bunch of items I don’t currently need worth less than 1 gold…

As a first time paying WOW subscriber in their first month, who has always thought about trying WOW but was apprehensive about their subscription model, to see this happen in my first month is a huge detractor and definitely is affecting my decision to resubscribe to be honest. I don’t think even free games have this much of an issue. Even free games like Genshin give their players currency for the inconvenience of (much less often, mind you) scheduled maintenance.

Meanwhile, we’re paying for the privilege of weekly maintenance that causes more issues than they fix…

What I find strange is there also hasn’t even been any clear communication or announcement acknowledging this issue either despite it affecting a lot of people…

You do realize they can have a fix for it but they have no idea what it might break when it’s released to live servers right ?

4 Likes

Technically speaking, we don’t pay for “maintenance”. The fact that they know there will be maintenance (and it’s so limited compared to when WoW released), they account for it in our monthly retail fees.

That said, this game is massive and SoD is a unique beast in and of itself, so it is understandable that there may be hiccups!

6 Likes

“Fix applied” Why would you APPLY a fix that REQUIRES us to log out for 12 hours consecutively? it’s a brand new phase launch, people have taken time off of work to play this game and the “fix” is to not play the game for basically an entire day? We did nothing to deserve this and it’s quite literally not our fault. Why should we continue to suffer for a shortcoming by the developer?

Well, do you want it fixed or not?

If they could hot fix it, they would have.

6 Likes

I know at my job when I take a customers money and don’t deliver i’m expected to make it right. For them to ignore the issue and tell a customer to log off for 12 hours so they can find a fix is kinda funny. Like it feels as tho no fix has been made and they are buying themselfs time, and thats fine but just be honest about it.

How on earth is this ignoring the issue?

Do you want 50 cents?

Also - it seems it easy to ignore what game time actually covers. Sure, you’re losing playing time when realms go down - but, you still have access to the live realms, and the other classic versions. Helps to put things in perspective.

Would you rather they implement it, turn live realm access back on, only to find another issue that requires the realms to go offline, or would you rather they implement the solution and turn on the realms again when everything is stable and working - and hopefully earlier than expected?

Blizzard historically will provide game time due to extended down time but this is dealt with after the issue has been sorted - but also note - generally after 24 hour+ of downtime from an issue.

6 Likes