Account Restrictions on AH, trading, and mail in SoD

It’s a bit heavy handed to soft-lock every single player that came to your game within the last 30 days. You’d think that a game team would create levels of nuance within that pool to reduce the impact. The bots will return after 30 days, the players including myself may not (i bought six months though, so that’s a lie :smiley:

1 Like

I guess staff is done hearing about it. My posts are being removed as spam. Just lock this thread already.

1 Like

Feel free to post this in a forum that will be seen by those who make such decisions. Because No One will see it here that can.

2 Likes

You’ve made some highly inaccurate statements , Dredna.

I understand you are upset, but you have made several statements that are simply not true.

You make an enormous assumption that somehow 'bot’s make us money. They don’t. They also seldom setup accounts with valid payment info.

You seem to think it’s easy to fight a multi-billion dollar industry that has no scruples whatsoever, it isn’t.

You are also connecting this issue - to that, which may be true, but I honestly haven’t been told WHY our devs decided to do this.

I’d like to keep this thread open, but to do that, the discussion needs to remain civil.

10 Likes

I was being completely civil, apparently it’s just crossing the line to suggest botting can be profitable to the companies it affects.

My point is though, and I thought I made it clear, that you can take extra steps to determine which new players are legitimate and which are botting, rather than just restricting all new accounts and calling it a day. I would be willing to send whoever at Blizzard more information about myself to verify I’m a real person with a real account if it means my AH is turned back on.

I know that’s probably outside of your purview, but it needs to be relayed to someone at the company so they can consider it. This is horrible for new players.

1 Like

When it’s not only untrue -but the polar opposite of the truth, yes.

Feedback should go in the SOD forums.

8 Likes

For example: how is a new player excited about enchanting going to be able to get the silver rod to continue learning their profession?

3 Likes

So if I summarize all of this in a different forum post it will make a difference for who see’s it? Nothing said in this one (the most popular post about this issue) will be seen by decision makers at Blizzard? All of this feedback dies here?

Yes. This is literally the only forum where feedback is not collected. Every other forum though, the Devs and their staff collect data from.

6 Likes

This forum isn’t where community goes as a rule to gather feedback - no.

This forum is more about issues, questions,.

9 Likes

Gotcha, I understand.

You dont understand how MMO work do u or how its explicitly stated in the EULA that the game can change at any time for any reason. Same thing with account actions u could be fine today suspended for something u said weeks ago and it took this long for the report to get to a GM.

MMORPG are a constant changing games that are constantly evolving/changing to solve myriad of problem throwing out words like high crimes is laughable and silly.

1 Like

Will do! ty

I think you were the person who replied to my ticket as well. Logging out for 12 hours does not work and any kind of attempt to submit a ticket gets an automated response to a battle.net article.

Thanks for trying to help, but I have already uninstalled the game and canceled my subscription. I am still contemplating charging back my most recent sub which actually renewed just a day or two before this issue. If the support team doesn’t have the time or the ability to tell me what the heck happened and why, then I won’t support a game with my hard earned money.

To the rest of you guys, good luck and have fun(if you can)

2 Likes

Because this is a Bug.

Tickets are only handled by GMs.

Bugs are handled by Devs. There isn’t a way to directly “ticket” a Dev. You can only report bugs by posting on the Bug Report forum. Bug reporting is one way. You won’t receive a response for this.

You are only getting those kinds of responses to your tickets because a GM can do nothing about this issue since it’s a bug.

4 Likes

Orlyia, I am still having this issue on my second month of playing and was just offline for 12+ hours and am still restricted. I have replied this to a forum in the bug reports as well as submitted one in game. Is there anything else I should do to help get this resolved faster?

1 Like

Unfortunately, not at the moment.

They are aware this is impacting some that it shoulldn’t. That part is still being worked on.

7 Likes

To ALL who have the same issue. Check out this forum post on the bug report side of the forum. Apparently, accounts who have recently added game time may become restricted for 30 days… Who knows why.

To those who suggested the bug report forum, thanks, it helped find it BUT the response I got to my original ticket and the restriction in game lead me to believe this was an account issue where my account may have been tagged for some sort of abuse with the whole incursion/duping thing that had been going on. Needless to say, I did not participate in any of that except for simply doing incursion quests to level.

Hope that link helps put some minds at ease.

1 Like

We know why. Blizzard wants it that way.

From the announcement here.

You must consume the first 30 days for the restriction to be lifted. Since it was mentioned above, yes, even a “non-refundable” 6-month prepaid subscription. The first 30 days need to be consumed.

So just to summarize:

• Restriction is not a bug, even through the first 30 days.
  • Restriction should be automatically lifted after the first 30 days is consumed. The fact that it has not been lifted is a bug that the Devs are looking into.
  • If restrictions are not lifted after the first 30 days is consumed, you should try being logged out of the account for at least 12 hours. This may or may not clear it up.

If you are encountering this bug, you’ll need to leave your information in the Bug Report Forum. Not here and not through a ticket. Only through the Bug Report Forum.

7 Likes

That restriction is on the purchase of the wow token, not ah, mail, etc. You’re making a false connection.