Account Recovery

I was hoping to get some advice regarding recovering an account. I’m trying to recover an account from 08-09 that I played quite a bit. Unfortunately because of how long ago it was I seem to be getting some questions wrong on my ticket. I’ve asked what I have gotten wrong and there’s no response to it, just to try again.

My issue is that I have the physical cds with their codes, the emails showing the creation date and the date I cancelled the subscription, and the phone and address of the account. I feel as though this should be enough?

I was wondering if I made a Battle.net with that email address it would automatically link the old account to it? I tried using the email to log in and there’s (from what I understand) no Battle.net associated with it.

I’m hoping to hear from anyone who has dealt with this to get some advice on how I should proceed. I’d really love to play my old characters again! Thanks!

No, an email can only be used for one Battlenet account at a time. It has to be removed from the old one to be used on another.

That sounds pretty good! Is the account in your legal name? That is another important factor. Blizzard does not allow the transfer, sale, gifting, or any sharing of accounts. So something they look to prevent is account transfers to other people. If you did not have the account in your real name it may be tricky getting into it, if you can at all.

Also remember, that you can’t reply to the “do not reply” email. You need to open a ticket and reference the first ticket number. That keeps the GMs on track. If you are using a diff Bnet account then that solves it too :slight_smile: It keeps the tickets in one place.

3 Likes

Thank you for the information! What’s weird is I’ve tried the password reset with the email I received the confirmations from, and it tells me there’s no account associated. I’m thinking this is due to the fact that I played prior to Battle.net being required? Or am I not remembering this correctly?

Thanks again for your help!

Very possible. The Battlenet account system started in 2009. So if you played before that your WoW license would have had a “name” like a game tag nickname, and you would have used that + password to log in. You would have had an email associated with it as well, but not as part of the login info.

I don’t know how those are handed these days, but GMs used to be able to put an old WoW License onto your current Battlenet account for you - with the right documentation. They no longer move licenses between Bnet accounts though so I don’t know if that is still possible.

5 Likes