Account recovery

Mine is unavailable too. I wonder if it has something to do geographic location? I’m running out of ideas here.

East Coast US here so nothing too crazy.

I tried it in Edge too and same result. I don’t even use Edge. It came with the machine though. I don’t think I have Chrome even installed yet.

Colorful Colorado here, though it took mine a short time to actually show as available. Maybe sit on it for a few minutes?

Not running pihole or any kind of blacklist on your router?

Nada. Everything’s wide open. Some people report that it takes a short while before it even becomes available, that hasn’t been the case for me either.

Me either. I have a tab open and it just sits there saying unavailable.

That is very very strange that it works for some folks and not for others.

3 Likes

It shows as unavailable for me when I load in, but when I hover over “Live Chat” it updates to say that it’s available with a wait time of 2 minutes. That seems to indicate that there’s some kind of scripting to it that isn’t firing off consistently for everyone and that it’s not a matter of it being full.

I’m using Chrome with a few different kinds of adblock programs.

FWIW, hovering over it does nothing for me. I need to speak with Live Chat, as GMs have informed me, but I can’t contact Live Chat because of this so I’m once again at a loss.

Man im sorry for everyones frustration.

I wonder where we could go to post to bring this to the teams attention???

1 Like

Most likely the Support Site feedback forum. I think that’s the only place where the support site devs gather feedback:

2 Likes

Just to kick in my two cents on this, I have never seen Live Chat available. Not when I searched for it as a player, and not in the past year as I’ve just lurked and occasionally participated here.

Never seen it available from direct links, nor have I ever seen it available by following instructions to get to the particular page. It’s always greyed out, even when others say it is available… like when three or four folks including blues state that clicking a direct link brings them to available live chat. Unfortunately, not for me.

You folks know me, I was an IT guy by trade and I’m now an IT hobbyist. I’ve tried to troubleshoot this properly and it simply stays greyed out for me. Fresh browser installs, incognito and private mode, mobile devices versus desktop machines.

I’ve checked this perhaps a dozen times over the last year, as threads have come into CS complaining about unavailable live chat, on every major browser and some minor ones, too.

Today I checked on fresh installs and incognito/private mode, with and without a VPN, and Live chat only appears greyed out and unavailable:

Chrome 104.0.5112.81 64-bit
Firefox 103.0.2 64-bit
Edge 104.0.1293.54 (Official build) (64-bit)
Opera 89.0.4447.83

And mobiles (Sorry, I am super lazy to get version numbers on these, but they’re all current; I just updated Chrome Dev today and the others whenever their most recent release was.)

Chrome
Chrome Dev
Firefox
Opera

I know this is just my anecdotal experience; I’ve seen people successfully access live chat. But there’s something else at play here. My experience mimics those above that simply never see the Live Chat lit up and available.

3 Likes

Damn. This is not good news. I wonder if it some people’s accounts are unable to access it, for whatever reason. I’ll likely try this on another account later this evening to see if that might be the case.

1 Like

I will admit I only ever tried on one account. I suppose it could be something at the account level…? Massive speculation, but who knows?

I’ve had the same experience for a long time too.

Funny enough, today while out with the family at a waterpark on a phone I’ve tried to access Live Chat from many times (both on WiFi and Cell-Data), it finally worked! I was in a different city than normal and while it originally showed as unavailable, it suddenly changed for me and for the first time in a long time, I could access Live Chat.

I made no changes to my browser (Chrome), the only difference was being in a different city. Same cell provider and everything.

I know Vrak mentioned a while back that he was going to pass it along to the web team to look into too. Not sure if anything came of it unfortunately.

7 Likes

We’re getting clues here and there. I have tried before with a VPN but I haven’t been consistent about trying with a VPN every time I want to see if the live chat works.

Vewwy intewesting. Maybe I should make a second account and drive somewhere maybe 25 miles away to see if it works LOL.

Or… maybe it only works at waterparks? It’s 95 degrees out today, maybe I’ll hit up Raging Waters for “science and IT experiments”.

:smile:

4 Likes

Lame. The VPN worked. Man I had a feeling it was going to be something with my region. Of course.

5 Likes

Hey, at least it worked! Glad to hear that. And now we have more data on this, and I’ve learned that I have to be consistent trying with and without a VPN to research this issue.

Have a good one. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Good sleuthing. For everyone else that might be having this issue, try a VPN.

3 Likes

The idea that we can’t connect to live chat because of Region or ISP is kind of distressing.

I can’t imagine why standard Windows computer on Comcast East Coast would have an issue. I am not on a VPN or anything strange that might get filtered.

Glad to know if I ever need live chat I am going to need a VPN to maybe get in touch. Lovely :dracthyr_cry_animated:

7 Likes

A little vent here, you might recall a conversation you had in April about some phone numbers being flagged as “prepaid or VOIP” rendering it impossible to use that phone number with the authenticator. Well that’s what I needed to get through to Live Chat for, and alas, my phone number is one of these useless ones. Unfortunate. Rant over.