Account recovery

So blizzard has emailed me back about a month ago to come into there live support to get help to recover my account back , For the last month everyday i have tried to reach blizzard live support but its never open , i have tried everything to get into the live chat to help recover my account , but now i feel like ive wasted a month of my time to recover my account considering i can never find it open or not greyed out… Any ideas or help here with how to get in touch with these guys

It’s open right now.

If it stays gray on your screen for an extended period of time (it could be gray if the queue is full) I’d start checking to see if something is blocking.

Security software, popup blockers - other programs that use overlays can do it. I’ve heard that using a VPN can sometimes cause it as well.

3 Likes

yeah i don’t use a VPN ive turned off my popup blocker , so not sure

Live Chat

Unavailable

Open: 5:00 AM - 4:00 PM PDT

I’d just like to echo that I have nothing blocking, attempted with multiple browsers and Live Chat is showing the same thing for me as for OP. Perhaps the queue really just is that full this morning.

Video card and mouse overlays as well as some anti-virus programs have also been known to interfere with live chat.

1 Like

I’ve used two computers. I’ll try on my phone soon too I guess.

Do so on mobile data, not your wifi, if possible. There may be some weird setting in the router somewhere, too.

2 Likes

Vrak recently suggested someone try Incognito or Private browsing mode which did help another poster get to Live Chat.

3 Likes

Tried this using both Chrome and Safari and on two different computers. No success.

Were you using the Incognito or Private browser mode? That takes opening a special tab within that browser.

The user who had success was using Incognito mode on the mobile version of Chrome, so likely on their phone or tablet maybe?

I have now tried Chrome and Safari on desktop with Private / Incognito / normal mode and Chrome on mobile with Incognito, all to no avail.

I also just tried all this and nothing so… I pay for game and can’t even get the help offered to me by blizzard when they reach out and ask me to come into live chat for help and for a month can’t get the help i need… Great service

Any chance you can share with us the support path you’re taking to get to Live Chat?

1 → account
2 → text box for issue
3 → “I still need help”
4 → “Not listed here”
5 → “Contact us”

I have tried other options as well thinking that it might not be available for the path I just outlined, but again, that did not work either.

Try this link

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1995/ticket

1 Like

It should be

Account > Categorize Issue > Change Account Details > Add phone number > Contact us (at the bottom).

That takes me to a screen currently showing an option for a ticket and a Live Chat tab saying Live Chat is not available right now. I am on Firefox if that helps anyone diagnose this. NoScript and uBlock Origin. Site enabled in NoScript.
Imgur

Exactly link I used to get to that page
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1941/ticket

2 Likes

Mirasol, can you try the link I posted?

It’s showing live chat available for me so I wanted to see if it’s available for everyone else too.

I am seeing it as available on my end. I am using chrome with ad block plus and ublock origin enabled.

I’m showing it’s good, on Firefox mobile on wifi.

That shows as unavailable for me. Firefox AdBlock PLus and Ublock origin (with the site enabled). Same result in a Private Window in FF.

How odd.