Account name "Adventurer"

I recently let my subscription expire because someone had bought me a Blizzard Balance Card. I wanted to use the $20 on the card before I started using my credit card again.

After finding the link in Blizzard Shop to buy time, “https://us.battle.net/shop/en/checkout/pay/cHwxOWU5ZGEyNXwyNTU2MHwwfHx8fHx8fDF8MHww” I cannot go forward. My first name is defaulted to “adventurer” and I cannot change my first name, add a last name, nor change my country. This is preventing me from buying time.

I went to my account settings info to see what was up, and my account ‘real’ name is defaulted to “Adventurer”. I try to update and blizzard will not let me.

2 Likes

So I can’t find exactly where you’re getting hung up, but your real name is entered when you first make the account. It does not default to anything. Opening an account is signing an agreement with blizzard and so using your real name is important, and it is generally not able to be changed.

However, situations where an obviously fake name is present, they can typically help. I would contact billing and explain what’s going on - you’ll need to provide a scanned copy of your ID. They can help you change your country as well. Use this link - I would recommend live chat - it isn’t available at the moment I’m posting this but should have available hours sometime today. https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/581/ticket

2 Likes

That’s the thing, I don’t recall inserting a fake name, and if I did it would certainly not be “Adventurer”… A reddit post from some time ago said that Adventurer is a default name if an account is not set up completely.

Someone in my guild wanted to buy time with a balance card also. The link I posted in the OP worked fine for them. But when I click on the link it defaults the first name to “Adventurer” and I cannot even add a last name nor change the first name.

3 Likes

When you go to the link below, is there an option near the top right to “Update” your information?

https://account.blizzard.com/details

9 Likes

Hmm, I’m not familiar with that, but am curious if what Perl said works?

When I click your link, I go to a screen where i choose which account i want to get gametime for. Accounts generally are named wow1, wow2, etc, but if your wow account was made before battle.net accounts, it could be named whatever you named it. So I pick my account and hit continue and go to a “pay with” screen where I can choose blizzard balance as an option. I don’t have any, so an option pops up where I can enter a blizzard balance card number. Does something different happen for you?

1 Like

Yes. when I click update it shows my first name as “Adventurer” and will not let me change anything. The box for first name can be typed in but only that box.

At top it says Please contact Customer Support to update your [name]or [country]. I have submitted a ticket, but is is taking a while.

5 Likes

It looks like Live Chat is currently available. I’d recommend opening a new ticket with them here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/581/ticket

2 Likes

Good news. While this post was up I had a ticket open. Game Master Rilhatale updated my account to show my name. That solved the problem.

thanks everyone who tried to assist here.

respectfully,
Mossad

10 Likes

Sorry for the wait on your ticket! I’m glad they were able to help you out with this :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Im having the same problem and it’s not letting be buy anything, very frustrated!!

First off, in the future itnis advisable tk start a new thread in stead of bumping a month old thread.

That said have you outnikn a ticket? It is all you can do and wait.

1 Like

How long is the wait cause i sumbited my ticket 20 mins ago. I had the same problem u had

The last I saw posted earlier, possibly 2-3 days, most likely due the the recent patches and pre event enthusiasm.

2 Likes

Next time I would advise opening your own thread. This one has disappeared and reappeared a few times now with people who chime in weeks and months later with their own issues.