Account locked for the last 5 days,

Need some help understanding whats going on.
Account was hacked 5 days ago. Got it back 2 days later, went through all the steps to secure my device and now account. My account was unbanned (seems like a typical thing after being hacked i see) after i got it back to be relocked4 hours later. So i could log in and see the damage done, but now locked again.
When i had the account and able to access it, i reopened the ticket for an attempt at item recovery. Thats when it got locked the 2nd time.
Is it typical for an account to be locked when submitting item recovery? Is thus the procedure? Been given no imformation that helps via Email.
Would also love to play this weekend, have the time to do so. Be a bummer if it drags out. Thanks

The account might be locked because you and the hacker are trying to recover the account together, which likely means the hacker of your account has a bit too much information about you. Billing is likely trying to sort this out on their end.

I assume you have changed your password, maybe put up a new email address, something like good with it’s own security access?

6 Likes

Yes, taken all advised steps to securing the account. I changed it back to the original Email only because i didnt want to throw another change at the situation. I changed it back before blizzard responded. That was seen by a GM and then unbanned the account.

That was not a scenario i thought of that would make it take this amount of time, at this moment only Wow is locked not the blizzard account itself.

The hacker knows the old email address. That is why we generally suggest making a new email just for WoW and use it instead of the old one.

5 Likes