Account Closure without Explaination

I was given gold from my Guild by a Guild Officer who is also a Real ID Friend and recruited me to play this game with Recruit-a-Friend Feature many years ago and received a perm account closure notice. All of my tickets are going un answered with no explanation and I have never even been suspended before. Both the Guild GM and the Officer who gave me the gold have opened tickets on my Behalf and they all state that I need to Open a ticket as the Account owner however all that happens is they get closed with no information provided and a general responses that is sent to everyone Iā€™ve seen from researching other posts.

Ticket Number: US90970872

The only away to appeal, as you noted, is via ticket. Be sure you are actually making sure your ticket goes through and that you get a ticket number.

You will not get to have a live conversation, but someone will review your appeal against the account data and see if a mistake was made. You will get a form letter back.

Yes, that reply was correct to your GM. Only the account holder can appeal.

The email you got about your account closure should have told you the category of the account action.

4 Likes

I have created multiple tickets and they do not provide any explaination. I have tweeted at BlizzardCS on Twitter.

Ticket Number: US90970872

What was the reason listed on the e-mail you should have received? Just getting gold from someone is rarely the cause of account actions.

How many tickets have you opened? No response at all, or is your issue just not resolved?

Correct. Thereā€™s nothing they can do for you. Thereā€™s no ā€œvouchingā€ for someone else.

What response are you getting?

4 Likes

An appeal response is not going to give any kind of ā€œexplanationā€. The explanation was provided in the e-mail they sent to your registered e-mail address.

An appeal is just going to tell you if the action has been upheld or not. And eventually, yes, they will shut down appeals and say the decision is final.

5 Likes

The reason listed was Real Money Transaction but it was literally real ID Friend/ Person who recruit-a-friended me to play this game and guild officer who gave me gold from selling Runed Orbs from Raid.

With this kind of thing, itā€™s often a paper trail on where things came from. Blizzard, as been said before, donā€™t action folks for sending their friends goal through the mail system.

Not much can be done over the forms, but as long as the replies donā€™t say, something along the line of ā€˜this is the final answer, donā€™t ask againā€™, you can appeal the account action until they tell you to stop.

2 Likes

Please ask them to stop and to delete any tickets that may remain open. Blizzard does not take character recommendations or anything else from any other players. Your sanction is between you and Blizzard, not one else - period.

What I will offer though - the gold you say you received, if itā€™s not from a legit source (i.e. a token that was purchased with real money that was sold on the AH for gold or just earned from legit in-game earning), they can and have sanctioned people who benefited from illegally gotten gains whether they knew about the source or not.

Again, that is just offering a scenario that we have seen come through here in the past. I donā€™t know anything about the specifics of your case, nor do I need to.

That said, you can keep appealing until they warn you that no more will be accepted. Just donā€™t spam them with multiple tickets at once. Submit one, let it process and if its upheld, then you can submit another.

I do wish you all the best with your appeals.

3 Likes

Dirp, this is being sent for one final review. What the outcome of that will be - I cannot say.

What I will tell you - this doesnā€™t look in any way connected to the gold transaction you are describing.

13 Likes

If it is for some other transaction can they provide the information? Iā€™ve just been raid logging for the last 3-5 months so I donā€™t know what else it would have been.

Iā€™ve literally only done GDKP runs and Guild Raids, and why would it be perm closed If I havenā€™t had any suspensions in the past? I saw many topics on these forums and reddit where people were getting 3 -14 day suspension.

Thatā€™s not something they will do, since some people (not accusing you) would use that information in order to ā€˜toe the lineā€™, so to speak, or ā€˜rules-lawyerā€™. Blizzard has never revealed their detection methods or the exact reason for an account action, only the general category.

As Orlyia said, your appeal is being sent for one final review. That would be the determining factor as to whether the account action is upheld or overturned.

4 Likes

Im just confused on how I would get a Permanent account closure and my Retail account has no Issues.

Sometimes, they feel the rule breaking was egregious enough to do a straight ban.

First, not sure how you know itā€™s the same situation, when you appreantly donā€™t know what caused this.

Having said that, what others may have received does not mean thatā€™s what you will receive. Not only do many factors come into play, but over the past year-ish, Blizzard has been making penalties harsher than before. This is due to players not stopping the poor behavior. We have seen a lot of threads recently about people thinking their suspensions were too harsh for what they did. When players starts finding the punishments acceptable, they are no longer effective deterrents.

3 Likes

Its all the same if they close the account it would be be retail and classic.

Im assuming because 2 days after I got the gold I was banned.

Investigations take several days, if not weeks before a sanction is handed down for something like this. Name and chat infractions are pretty black and white and come down quicker but cheating, hacks, RMT and all of the rest? Those take some time so itā€™s very rare that the behavior/issue comes about so recently to when the punishment is applied.

7 Likes

If Iā€™m understanding correctly, GDKP runs are conducted in a way that could put everyone in that raid at risk. All loot that drops is put up for bid / auction and is given to the highest bidder paying gold. At the end of the run all gold collected is split amongst the participants of the raid. If someone in that raid used ill-gotten gold to purchase something and then some of that ill-gotten gold was given to you, even if you donā€™t know where it came from, you run the risk of receiving a penalty. Penalties would probably be harsher if Blizzard has logs showing you knew about it.

Iā€™m not saying thatā€™s what happened, only that there is that possibility.

7 Likes