Account Closed, Offense: Exploitative Activity: Abuse of the Economy

when you say a while you mean like days, weeks, months?

1 Like

Usually within a few days, seldom longer.

6 Likes

Yeah Gala, I don’t think it would be much more than a couple days.

Hope it wont be long.

1 Like

Hopefully not. Good luck on your appeal!

They reviewed it and moved it from a full closure to only a 2 week suspension. They said it was reviewed and was a final decision so guess ill take it on the chin and just focus on SR’s or MS>OS runs.

6 Likes

Stay away from GDKP runs at all costs, Never know if the group is doing things with gold sellers to sell raid runs or who has gold that came from some place other then blizzard. Too much risk!

5 Likes

Sorry to hear about the suspension, my friend. At least you will be able to return to the game in due time. I agree with staying away from GDKPs for the time being. This time they were able to reduce the action against your account but next time they might not. The last thing you want is to have total account closure. Good luck to you brother!

2 Likes

Not for the time being, Considering the person went from a perm ban to a two week suspension they should be avoided forever. Unless they want to make a new account and risk that account. Either way it is a big risk considering with stolen gold and gold sellers mixed up in them.

3 Likes

Yeah maybe you’re right.

This was the email that they sent out but its a completely different violation im so confused so was i in trouble for RMT or this??? Now with this i definitely don’t understand where this could come from. I could maybe understand getting gold from gdkps that was from other people RMT but this is weird. Any thoughts?

Action(s) Taken:
Account Suspended

Violation: Disruptive Gameplay

Your fellow players reported you for a gameplay offense that is in violation of the Blizzard EULA and/or Code of Conduct.

Suspension expires on: 2023 November 09 16:34 UTC

After a thorough investigation of the evidence, we have Suspended your World of Warcraft account.

As the owner of this account, you are responsible for all actions associated with it. We will only overturn penalties if there is evidence of a compromised account or similar extenuating circumstances.

If you understand this and still want to appeal our decision, please visit this article and submit a ticket.

Regards,

Customer Support
Blizzard Entertainment

1 Like

Gala, I believe this was a suspension for social interactions as I am suffering from the same thing currently and it was for 15 days. If you use this link https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000167147 you can scroll down and click “appeal”. Even though you aren’t appealing, it will show you the chat logs that got you suspended. That is still very odd that you received two different violations.

I am not sure where it shows that i clicked “Appeal a penalty on your World of Warcraft account.” so i clicked continue and it takes me to a page that says Are you sure you want to Appeal? and it says 2 options dont appeal and Continue appeal but when i click continue appeal it takes me to a page to write a description down.

It can happen sometimes that the wrong email is sent out, unfortunately. There isn’t a rhyme or reason for it, just that the very human element (in a process where so many people like to screech about it all being AI or automated) made a mistake. If a different reasoning showed up on your account itself when you went to appeal? Those are generally the correct ones over the email.

4 Likes

You might wanna take it to General Discussion. Your feedback will not be heard here as the policy makers don’t come here for player feedback.

Would you feel better if botters, exploiters and hackers got away because someone made a snap judgement? I’d rather Blizzard take their time and get it right. ALSO, If Blizzard does make a mistake, they general do refund the lost time if it takes a while.

5 Likes

As stated, this is not the place to bring up these issues. You need to post in the General Discussion forum, or use the in-game Suggestion tool.

In this particular forum, we deal with what the current policy is, not what it has been in the past, or what it should be in the future.

5 Likes

You keep hijacking or hopping into other peoples’ threads. You have your appeal seen to, your part in any of this is done. You cannot speak for another player, you cannot help gain them any more attention. They have to follow the appeals process just like everyone else has to.

If you dislike how things work, then you are welcome to submit that feedback in the proper places. Either in the WotLK Classic GD or through the in-game suggestions and feedback interface. To keep popping into other people’s threads, it’s not serving any true purpose. No staff comes here beyond our SFAs, and they have absolutely no part to play in relaying things along.

You also had the opportunity to share your feelings in how things are handled when you would have received the survey for your ticket/appeal(s) being closed out. But to keep posting here in CS - it’s not doing anything save for hijacking someone else’s thread.

11 Likes

Theres alot mmo out there that wont take apeals they will nuke and end it at that blizzards one of the more reputable companies in that regard.

I also want to point out when you dign the eula you understand that blizzard can close suspend a account at any. Time at there discretion.

4 Likes

As my dad says, Life isn’t always fair, sometimes you have to suck in your gut, pull up your pants and move on.

dude… just don’t. Not even appropriate…

2 Likes