Account bound essences would be a net positive for the game

In your opinion you have yet to see a valid argument against them. It is other peoples opinion that they should not be account bound.

For every MoP/ WoD player that is used to having 7-10 alts and maintain them with little to no effort there is a vanilla player that will grind for weeks just to get an alt to max level with no catch-up. And likes it.

People want different things. Retail is a compromise.

2 Likes

Now now paeldryth… Main =/= Re-rolled same class Main… you’re just being lazy expecting it all to be handed to you!

/s

I played Vanilla though, and I still want account bound essences.

Yes there is, people who don’t want to put in the extra effort to bring their alt up to their main character will start playing alts again. What are the negatives to having account bound essences?

4 Likes

So you think that if essences were BoA, alts would equal main? bahahaha

1 Like

listen man it’s a slippery slope!

first boa essences then what?

boa rep? boa gear? boa quest progression?!

where do you draw the line?!!??!?!?!

1 Like

Because we want it, is the exact reason why we won’t get it.

1 Like

i crie everytiem

1 Like

straight up wrong

OK Boomer

2 Likes

This is the kind of argument that I expected, given the source.

How have you managed to slither around giving a single negative for account bound essences yet?

Essences being account-wide would remove the current system of discouraging alts. Removing that discouraging would be healthy for the game from here until Shadowlands, because we’re inevitably going to hit a content drought between 8.3 and 9.0.

People will be more inclined to continue playing the game if they can play alts without being punished, which mitigates a content drought to some degree. Keeping essences character-specific does not encourage players to do the essence grind for the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th/etc time, it discourages players from wanting to play alts at all.

3 Likes

You’ve activated their secret trap card, superior time metrics

I agree, I’m someone (Who has proven by posting on 3 characters who has done the essence grind) who has done it three times now, the argument of ‘you just want a free 2nd, 3rd main’ doesn’t even apply to me. I literally did the grind so i could be an informed complainer and i am.

You’re absolutely right, this system discourages alts, It’s pretty obvious to anyone who has played. The fact Yesuno has yet to prove he’s even done it once really shows the though process of people complaining against it.

3 Likes

That makes no sense.

You’re worried about a content drought but you think it would be healthy to remove even more content and make the essences account-wide? lol what?

They aren’t being punished. If you think playing the game as intended is punishment then we have bigger worries then account-wide essences.

Too bad WoW doesn’t use a time-played metric that they report to investors.

Less time played.

This is the value to Blizzard - and the pro’s on our end mean nothing if they think we’ll stick around to pay them a sub fee.

1 Like

There is one pan… person in this thread who is a hypocritical dingbat who likes to, nitpick, busybody, and argue for the sake of it.

1 Like

Which one is that???

I’ve been hearing great things about FFXIV this year.

Who cares? I pay the same sub a person who logs on once every 3 months.

I also 100% buy more tokens than them too :eyes:

100% he’s talking abou tFFXIV.

Agreed 100%.

3 Likes

Essences were almost a good idea. Then you had to farm them on every character, with some of the essences being unreasonable for alt farming.

3 Likes