Account bound essences would be a net positive for the game

It’s not. As said. It’s 3X the grind. We don’t need more grinds. Go back to any other expansion and leave us with a gear grind.

3 Likes

k, well that’s not the issue at hand.

yeah, it is. It’s something on our characters that we use for power progression.

k, well, that’s also not the issue at hand.

It’s 100% part of the issue at hand. Anyways had throw in my two cents. Not just the op annoyed by it as you claimed earlier.

3 Likes

Nice attempt to dodge admitting you are wrong by hand waving it away.

The whole reason essences where introduced was to plug the holes in classes. Something which should have been done by new spells and talents.

7 Likes

Whether or not something is a band-aide fix doesn’t prove me wrong. lol

That’s something that isn’t changing this expansion so it’s not worth discussing in this thread.

The intent of essences was to complete the classes. That is absolutely worth discussing, particularly in THIS thread.

You can keep trying to dodge admitting you are wrong, but i won’t be letting you get away with that.

3 Likes

The OP created this thread for account-wide essences, not why they were created or if they should have been a talent row or not. If you’d like to derail his thread, you go for it, I’m not getting spam reported for derailing it. This is how we both end up actioned. No thanks.

The case for account wide essences is directly tied to the reason for their creation.

I’m furthering his case and cementing his point. Not derailing it.

You on the other hand appear to be here for no other reason than to be a contrarian.

7 Likes

we love account wide essences

unironically criticizing a potential feature that has literally 0 downsides :thinking:

not seeing the difference between essences and gear just shows a drastic lack of fundamental understanding of the game tbh

3 Likes

Just echoing there is no downside to account bound essences. None.

I’ve yet to see a single valid argument to be against them.

8 Likes

daily reminder

we love account wide essences

0 downsides to introduce them

2 Likes

Just want to throw my support for this and other threads like this. I lurk in most of the ones I can see and occasionally post in them, but it needs to be said that essence acquisition is a deterrent to playing 8.2 and 8.3. I played 8.2 on this character I got most of the essences at rank 3 or higher with exceptions of the mana pearl dps one which is a waste of mana pearls, wpvp rank 3, and the mechagon boxes because farming those was actually unpleasant. I planned to avoid the pvp ones because I don’t like modern wow pvp, but the first week of essence availability was uniquely suited for farming that since all the tryhards were abusing mercenary mode fill ins for extra honor.

With all that said, I’m looking at 8.3 and seeing a patch where priests are going to be shunned for m+ while still probably being desirable for raids. Unfortunately I like doing m+ but if i want to do anything outside of a guild I’m gonna want to be playing a desirable m+ class. And that is my subjective opinion to any of the thread contrarians ready to leap on that statement.

I just want the requirements for 8.2 essences drastically lowered so that alts can finally catch up in this patch or the next. As it stands IF i wanted to swap classes it would be 99% about whether the class has bis from easy to acquire essences rather then if i actually like the class because I hate the grind that much. This is a bad thing, it has never been this bad for alt set up, in even in legion we had boa legiondaries at this point.

2 Likes

I did it onlce once and got enough.

1 Like

Yeha, same stance a lot of my friends have taken.

Make it happen Blizz.

The grind is even more stupid when you’re playing the same class on different factions.

Seriously, did you guys start a team dedicated to alienating your own players back in Legion?

oh my is it another day starting

time for a little reminder then

0 downsides for account wide essences :slight_smile:

The new week is beginning, a new week to keep this topic going as essences should definitely be account bound.

This has been renamed to “valid argument point against BoA essences waiting room”

:slight_smile:

I’d like to reroll to DH for 8.3 but there’s no way I’m dealing with essences again.

Atleast they inverted the problem in SL where instead of rolling alts you just roll 4 of the same class. That’s sort of a fix I guess?

1 Like

No, they shouldn’t. There are no real positives to having account-wide essences beyond you not wanting to put the work in on multiple characters.

alts =/= main

If you want an alt that is equal to your main then put in the same work as you did on your main. We have enough account-wide stuff as it is.

1 Like