Account bound essences would be a net positive for the game

A raid tier

The target demographic now is people who don’t play alts, run out of things to do, and unsub between patches. The strategy is to throw so much to do at these people that they’ll be swamped with busywork that needs to be done to keep their characters competitive, or keep from missing out on something permanently when it’s removed from the game.

They think if you’re playing alts you’re playing the game wrong.

Ion doesn’t play alts. He doesn’t do transmog. He doesn’t do pvp. He doesn’t do professions.

I think maybe there’s a trend here.

This.

I would be more inclined to play with my alts if we had this

This idea might hold more water if there weren’t so many catch-up mechanics around every corner in the game nowadays.

God forbid we have time-exclusive items for players who kept playing the game.

Incorrect. They just believe that both character-progression and power-progression are things to hold true to.

You have no idea, you’re just making stuff up.

Just because his known character isn’t up to your standards doesn’t mean he doesn’t play other characters.

Once again, you have no idea.

Here we are again, you have no idea.

Yeah, I believe there is too.

Yeah, Blizzard you can still make this right with account wide essences!

I mean it is pretty late in the game though. Let’s go into Shadowlands with some good feelings!

4 Likes

There’s not. There’s a few.

You’ve said that before. But it doesn’t really matter what you say, because the ones that gate people out of content are the ones that matter.

Let’s see if you can be even more obviously condescending. i’m sure you can if you try harder. I was actually referring to things that gate people out of content, like not being able to play 8.3 because you’re stuck grinding stuff in 8.2.5.

There is no differentiation between the two now. You grind boring rep to be permitted to play the game. How does that count as “character progression” independent of “power progression” in your mind?

Earlier today you told another character of mine EXACTLY that. When I said I was playing alts you said, “WHO TOLD YOU TO P.LAY ALTS?” That I was wrong to play alts. That you had gladly given up playing your alts because Blizzard doesn’t want you to.

Like wow. I’m surprised you would lie about something that is so easily checked.

Ion’s honor level is 5. That means he has done no pvp during Legion or BfA.

He doesn’t do professions. He admitted so when he was talking about changes to professions that were going to happen in Legion.

3 Likes

I know this may come as a surprise but I’m more than certain its fairly common for many players to have more than 1 single account, I’m sure it holds true for developers as well. Be realistic.

Don’t even bother engaging with Yesuna. They just go around picking fights with people here… There’s absolutely nothing you can say that will make them interact like a normal human.

3 Likes

Honestly would not bother wasting your breath with Yesuna, actually shameless Blizzard shill who has yet to even prove they engage with this content outside the forums.

I agree with Oakenfist

Update: Since my post 5 days ago, I have progressed with my Demo Lock to 453 w/ Rank 8 cloak, Rank 76 HoA, 9/12 N NYA and hitting up +8/9 Mythic dungeons from being a stagnant 440 Demo Lock about a week ago. It’s progress, that’s all I care about at this point and I’m enjoying it for the most part besides the fact of rinse and repeat daily CV and Rep grinds, but that’s progress towards increasing my cloak rank.

For the Community Managers here that sift through these forums that can bring this to the table at Blizzard.

You’ve seen and heard the responses of players un-subbing and not enjoying 8.3 alt content either here on the forums, WoW streamers, vlogs etc and it’s mainly due to Essences not being account bound. Now, If Blizzard see this can be turned into a “business” opportunity, I’m 100% certain if Blizzard enables Essences Account Wide for the next 8 months we will need to endure 8.3 content, you will see a increase of approximately 60% returning and re-sub players. What does most of the data show why players are un-subbing or decrease in numbers why players are not playing their alts? it’s exactly that, Essences. There is NO damage you will do if Essences are account wide, trust your community to make the right decision. Blizzard and CM’s did mention that they would listen and instill trust into their community more. It’s pretty much the end of the expansion content, what do you have to lose? In my opinion, nothing, you will actually GAIN revenue instead of being on a revenue decline with un-subs and new players not subbing due to the stigma that’s already here.

Furthermore, what are players supposed to do with Condensed Life-Force Ranks 1-3 when maybe 1-2% of players are running Eternal Palace for either xmog or Aqueous Requiem? I’m 13/36 AR for CLF Rank 3 and for the past few weeks/days, the Normal, Heroic and Mythic Eternal Palace raids have been empty, LFR, forget about it, over 45min-1hr queue time. Maybe with a few here and there, but nothing solid to conduct a full run w/ the bosses that reward Aqueous Requiem for CLF and at the current state of ET runs, it would take months vice weeks to obtain all 36 AR for CLF Rank 3 since ET runs are pretty much nil.

As a suggestion, would it be in the best interest for Eternal Palace Aqueous Requiem be purchasable via Manapearls from vendor in Najatar?

Condenced Life-Force Rank 1: 100 Manapearls
Condenced Life-Force Rank 2: 500 Manapearls
Condenced Life-Force Rank 3: 1000 Manapearls

*Note - For Condensed Life-Force Rank 3, Queen Azshara must be defeated from any difficulty including LFR.

This would save time and anguish for ALOT of player since CLF is a BiS Essence for some classes/spec. And I assure you, since ET raids are pretty much ghost towns, players world wide would be THANKFUL if this were to happen. Thanks and I hope this suggestion would reach to someone at Blizzard through the CM’s here.

2 Likes

Essence grind isnt really fun. It sorta encourages me not to take the game seriously, play other games, just level alts. Avoid endgame on alts. It’s a good incentive to not play the game and do something else like read a book or watch a show. It’s also another reason not to take WoW competitive activities seriously from an outsider looking in. Blizzard designs these fun classes and the art is great. The essences feel like a chore to unlock your characters true potential.

6 Likes

1000 mana pearls? Please blizzard, ignore this guy. That’s a preposterous amount. That’s worse than just running EP on heroic.

But the reps from killing rares are sweet tho.

I agree with title.

Sadly Blizz wont do this until SL release unless they do legendary weapons thingy so it wont matter.
I don’t want to grind a alt “again” through all BfA poop to even be anywhere near my main. Some essences can take more then a month to get to rank 3.
Let not even get started about corruption or even reps, that a whole other story…

Now. I think there should be a limit. So once you get rank 3, it goes account bound. So you need work a little but not months. or something of those lines.

1 Like

Literally every place you look: people want BoA Essences.
Reddit :ballot_box_with_check:
These forums :ballot_box_with_check:
Literally every class Discord :ballot_box_with_check:
All the top raiders and pvp players :ballot_box_with_check:

At this point you gotta wonder how Blizz can be this blind,deaf, and dumb?

3 Likes

would level all my alts if essences were account bound.

Just because a group of players want something does’t mean it is a good decision for the game as a whole. Blizzard has to look out for the game as a whole.

1 Like

We don’t need more of your useless trolling.

Anyone with half a brain can see that most people want this, as well as why. Making the game alt friendly would massively improve the game.

1 Like

Disagreeing does not equal trolling. This forum platform isn’t an echo-chamber, players are allowed to disagree with each other.

Just because players want something doesn’t mean it’s good for the game. I, for one, am very thankful that Blizzard hasn’t made essences account-wide. Making essences account-wide further destroys the aspect of character progression. There is a difference in character progression and power progression.

2 Likes

It is when people have reasonably explained to you why a million times. Thankfully you’re in the very small minority who can’t do the math.

Your kind being the prime example of that. Decisions like this is what has landed the game in its current state, with BfA as a contender for the worst expansion we’ve ever seen.