Account bound essences would be a net positive for the game

The feedback they need is for someone more important than Ion to walk into his office and tell him to do it.

Otherwise there will be no amount of feedback that gets through because he’s just being stubborn.

4 Likes

It absolutely would.

Blizzard has this weird idea that people who want to play alts are just going to head back to doing Nazjtar and Mechagon to get the essences… That’s not the case… People are just quitting.

5 Likes

I’m doing it a second time on this guy. It’s mighty annoying. Also, it means that I’m not going to play the first character I did it on because they’d have to go back and grind Uldum rep for the new essence. That ain’t happening. Already moved those reps to inactive the moment they hit revered.

Imagine playing a dps alt this tier and having to redo uldum/vale dailies… no THANKS

2 Likes

Yeah, not happening. It’s so weird to me that Blizzard’s people seem to think we can be forced to do this stuff when all it takes to not do it is for me to lift my hands up from the keyboard and do something else.

I’m not going to stop playing this guy because he’s been a main for many years now and that first character I did it on was more of a whim. But I’m also not going to play any of my other characters through this content again.

1 Like

Yeah seriously,

There are too many other games desperate for my time and money for me to invest into doing old, repeatable content that has no concerns wasting my time.

1 Like

The attitude behind it annoys me. Just so disrespectful of the people who give them their livelihood. Very immature.

1 Like

I’m still trying to grind BiS essences for my main, let alone alts. There’s no way.

8 Likes

Has there even been an official response to the desire to have account wide essences? I keep looking through blue posts on mmo and not a single blue post about it at all. How can they be so disconnected and not even talk to us about it?

Nope, Ion touched on it during Blizzcon but that’s about it.

It’s extremely difficult to imagine how tone deaf they are, I tried asking Lore on stream and he banned me from the channel.

3 Likes

He is a customer service rep, why would he even know about forums issues?

I wanna play alts but not gonna happen. Will unsub once my main get AOTC

3 Likes

Bind on account essences is 100% not a forum issue

Cmon dude.

I guess I mean, issues brought up on the forums about the game. what does a cs rep have to do with game design?

A Community Manager ( CM ) is a Blizzard Entertainment employee that monitors the official forums, acting as a liaison between the players and the developers, along with other community-related responsibilities.

hmmmm

Acting as a liaison between the players and the developers

I do believe that he knows the players position. He just refuses to give in because he directed everything we see and does not want to revert his past statements for the players. He is more focused on metrics to sell at the cost of player fun and possibly long term revenue. I think they ran the numbers and found that they make more money keeping the long grinds. There is no other reason I could think of.

Even if enough players left because of this they do not care. Ion said in a prior interview that MAUs are not their primary source of revenue, cash whales are. Therefore they are looking at what is making people spend more money on optional purchases ie the WoW token, mounts, esports sales, SL preorders, etc.

All they did was a risk v reward analysis and found that not changing this is better because it forces players to spend more time farming old content instead of mats or X and therefore induces the player to spend more money on wow tokens.

Sprinkle some announcements of the long boy going away and now you force the players to choose between a long daily quest grind in multiple continents, content they enjoy to play in the game, and farming for the long boy. Any one of these can take weeks to months to get.

Want a fast pass? Buy a wow token. Now you do not need to farm mats for alchemy or enchants or even the long boi. Just buy those tokens and drive up your /played.

/endrant

3 Likes

I won’t do it on my pally either and it sucks because it is a fun toon to play, but honestly the system is not very at friendly so it’s not worth it for me to focus on any other but my main

Sounds about right for him :joy: What does Lore even do again?

Breath of the dying even with the revered requirement is one of the worst essences to grind, the dailies and assaults are so mind numblingly boring. I can’t imagine doing them on more than one character. They need to just give us account wide essences already, the expansion is literally over there’s no 8.3.5 what’s stopping them?

1 Like

If his twitter is anything to go by

1. Play GTA Online while streaming
  2. Talk about how great days off are

Like i literally want to know what the life in the day of Lore is when he is ‘working’