Account bound essences would be a net positive for the game

You and me both, however with the introduction of corruption system I’m convinced Ion doesn’t play this game anymore.

1 Like

Blizzard PLEASE

2 Likes

It’s probably best to just stop playing alts and do something else. If that happens, the metrics will look bad and they’ll have to answer for it.

That doesn’t help anyone short term, but they might hesitate to repeat this in the future if it we’re playing less because of the stubborn refusal to make essences account bound.

The true heroes of WoW will be the Act-Blizz bean counters. Bean counters will force the diablo B team devs to make account wide essences.

Those essences are why I don’t hardly play my alts anymore. Most of them don’t even have enough to put in their neck’s slots. I’m simply NOT going to grind out all that crap over and over and over and over and OVER. No.

2 Likes

The worst part is the content isn’t difficult, the content isn’t engaging and the worst worst part is it’s timegated to a crawl each day.

It simply isn’t enough, this ship has been sinking for a while unleash us and let us enjoy the game.

4 Likes

I can’t agree more to this. I’ve been maining my UDK since the tail end of 8.2.5 when I put my BM Hunter to sleep b/c I was getting bored of just endlessly grinding gear for her. So, I picked up my UDK well into 8.3 now despite the essence and HoA Rank and Rep grinds to come. I’m really enjoying it up to this point to where I’m again comfortably want to pick up a alt and gear them up as also. Well, it didn’t take long to get my Fury Warrior, Demo Lock and BM Hunter to Rank 5 cloak…and that’s where I stopped. The Essence is the killer. Few essences I have for them are Rank 2 and Condensed Life-Force Rank 1-2 on some which are BiS Essences for 2 of my toons. Well, NO ONE is running H/M ET anyway so, I really can’t get the CLF to Rank 3 anyway even though my UDK’s BiS Essence is CLF which is 1 of 3 strong BiS essence. The other 2 BiS Essence for UDK is better as minors imo and synergize really well.

So, my 3 other alts are collecting dust mainly the fact for Essence grind, AP and rep grind. I log onto my other alts for mats and professions. Bout it. I’ve NEVER in my 11 years playing WoW have I EVER felt drained from playing alts. In Legion, I mained a DH but I love the alt friendly playstyle in Legion. Beginning of BFA was ok but not the best for alts, but 8.3, that’s the end game alt killer. You see it in guilds, you see it in these forums, you hear it from some WoW streamers. Some players bypass this stigma and enjoy playing their 20+ alts for whatever reason. However, at the end of the day, you feel the struggle with alts especially not having these Essences account wide removing the fun factor. So, what’s the big deal? If Blizzard see’s and knows players want to feel 8.3 has a even better alt experience, make essences account wide, there’s NO hurt in it whatsoever. There’s no 8.3.5 just this for the next 8 months, so why not just enable account wide essences since they will not be in Shadowlands.

8.3 isn’t difficult to play or get used to at all, it has it’s fun and dull moments and I’m sure most players can say the dull moments is when they look at their alts and realize everything they need to conduct to just to get their alt in a comfy spot, but there’s two main things…Essence and Rep grind that’s kicking mud into their eyes. Especially Eternal Palace raids where that Condensed Life-Force is Major/Minor BiS for some toons. The current 8.3 gearing system is so easy to gear alts with WQ’s and crafting that you’ll easily bypass any ET raiding which the Aqueous Reliquary is needed for Condensed Life-Force Rank 1-3.

I was just contemplating on getting on my 419 Mage to which I did and knowingly I have not touched her in quite sometime, viewing the quests, new content and having only ONE Essence available to my Mage was just a all stop for me. I just wasn’t excited to play my Mage. It was a no for me there and just logged off WoW.

I just really, really hope for Shadowlands Blizzard can understand from 8.3 how horrific playing alts is vice when it was more viable for alts in Legion. We shall see.

1 Like

Having to go back to TEP for CLF is insane. I have no idea what they were thinking.

2 Likes

It is too late now. It should have been released as account bound. With the cape gating and horrible intro quest, why even try playing an alt?

1 Like

For me it’s the fact the only content I enjoy currently is raiding… If we’re going to have months of this might as well try it out on different specs.

Just wish it wasn’t so awful to catch up.

1 Like

Patch in FFFAAATTTTT catchup mechanics at the very least

1 Like

That’s the problem I have. I want to get excited and play Hunter or another class but I can’t. The core reason being the dread of redoing essences, and the Heart. But a more literal reason is because I actually can’t play Zandalar at all.

I can’t progress past the Talanji rescue quest, which is STILL bugged as Talanji just stands still on the Docks. When I consider how Blizzard got rid of 800 employees not too long ago, I can’t help but think this wouldn’t be a issue if they’d been retained.

2 Likes

Corrupted visions getting getting visions nerfs but no account bound essences?

Smh

2 Likes

It is because people are not playing them as much so they have to increase the rewards so you play more = better play time metric, not more enjoyable.

Account wide essences to rank 3 would improve play time for many people, myself included. But this has to happen now (or 5 months ago) doing this later will just seem out of spite and hurtful.

2 Likes

1000+ posts and not a single blue post KEKW

They need to do something with essences. I know I’m not the only one who won’t grind them over and over and over and over. Just no. I’ll bench those toons instead. Actually, you know, I have been playing this game way too much so TY blizz for giving me yet another reason to exit the game and go outside or just play something else even.

4 Likes

Honestly I have no idea how much more feedback they need to pull the trigger, It would be a universally praised change.

The (extremely) small minority against them who like grinding can keep grinding, won’t stop them.

It’s a free goal Blizzard to wrap up whats been an awful expansion, worse of all time.

4 Likes

Sadly they gave up on 8.3.5. I think someone in blizzard hq admitted internally that they do not have anymore boring content to waste peoples time on so they want us to keep doing the same old content even if its not fun

I actually believe that, the current state of the game is an absolute mess.

Remember when the patch launched and we were getting what, 50 essences per daily? Unbelievable!

Corruption system is in shambles.

It’s a clown show at blizzard.

1 Like

Due to my work schedule I’ve rolled a hunter that I’ve been wanting to play since essence dropped. I would love to have all the essences I’ve spent so much time investing into on my druid available on the alt that I now have super limited time to play. Honestly this would give people more leg room in what they want to play.