Account bound essences would be a net positive for the game

This topic was automatically opened after 25 days.

Some people enjoy others being hazed and suffering to these kinds of mechanics that eat up people’s time.

The negative would be that they don’t get that enjoyment.

The same is true for charging people to respect azerite traits when changing roles.

The same will be true of covenants when people that want to play the game optimally from different covenants have to pay/ grind through each covenants progression over and over again.

The same is also true of people having to wait till path finder 2 for flying.

We squeak the loudest on the forums and Twitter, so they do what we want - waste people’s time and make them suffer.

If they changed those things, they’d lose that enjoyment - which, to them, would be a negative.

I’m amazed this thread was reopened honestly.

I feel even more strongly that 8.3 needs account bound essences after looking at how pitiful the rep gain is from the daily zones.

3 Likes

Nope. Keep grinding. Keep suffering. It’s what some enjoy about the game.

Oh, and keep paying blizzard for money to do it.

Since there won’t be an 8.3.5 I feel like account wide essences won’t ever happen now :confused:
It’s crazy how with each patch they’ve discouraged people to play alts. I used to play 12 different characters before essences. Then just two with them, and now with 8.3 I’m down to one character. I wanna unsub, but first I’d like to know if they’ll be removing Wrathion’s backpack with Shadowlands. I really want that mog :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

We’re back baby!

Now if the 9.0 alpha could come out so we can be distracted from this disaster that is the Essence system, it would be great!

1 Like

This is pretty much what happened to me. Started with multiple alts then essences put me down to three, now I just have my main.

It’s gotten farther and farther from Alt usability.

I do not belive they will make SLs Alt friendly at all.

1 Like

It sets a very scary precedent going forward that’s for sure.

3 Likes

They need to drop the focus on character and make the focus on player/account.

2 Likes

This is what I find funny, if you’ve ready through this thread many people are convinced this would kill the game. Yet Blizzards biggest competitor in FFXIV has a system where most stuff is tied to a character. You essentially don’t even need a second char/alt.

I’m not scared of account bound stuff.

1 Like

Gw2 does it fairly well too I think.

Sharing your bank (much bigger bank) with all your account with its own dedicated materials bank (one that has a slot for every resource and stacks into the thousands, plus you can send your mats straight from your inventory wherever you are), share gear you find between your toons this way.

There’s a few other neat things they do but, making it more about the player who’s putting money and time into the system and letting them play what they actually want to play would really help.

Oh god I’d love this so much, I’d pay for an account bound bank.

2 Likes

Yeah… I’d pay twice for it…

Or more correctly like I did in GW2, (you can buy upgrades with small cash) I’d pay seven times for it. Lol

I honestly wish they would just do what FFXIV does and allow you to have one character that can switch to any class. Sure, you still need to level up those classes but you’d have access to all the stuff you’ve been grinding for in one toon. No need for alts other than to have variety in races and for farming old content.

1 Like

I’d be all for this, as I’ve got older and my priorities have shifted this would allow me to focus on one character.

3 Likes

nuke bfa release shadowlands alpha and revert mistweaver to 5.2

3 steps plan for the success of wow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Make alts desirable again!

4 Likes

The nazjatar dailies alone makes me just log off my alt

Basically, for a lot of specs LD Major is still the BIS or one of the top 2.

I wish they did this but well they love their time sinks. Really though if they did this, I would play more and do more LFG on alts I don’t use much.

I really really hope that SL is going to be alt friendly. Especially with the covenants which I can see as a version of the class halls that we had back in Legion. I am an altoholic myself and while I do not need all of my alts decked in high lvl mythic + purples. Still it would be nice to switch between ‘mains’ at random in current content. Right now most of my alts are locked out of content due to rep/time-gates, so I just skip the current stuff on them(not enough time in the day to unlock all the rep/time-gates for all of them, I am not crazy).