Account bound essences would be a net positive for the game

To be honest everything is a timegate in some ways. From the daily heroic lockout, to the weekly raid / mythic 0 lockout. Also the 10 dungeons per hour limit.

Do you think you won that exchange?

1 Like

Yes, he does.

I just wanted him to admit he lied. Which he somewhat did.

Even if he basically told things that were iffy.

I did actually.

Anyway im done, im going to go play grand theft auto instead of wow because I cant really progress my main and dont want to grind essences on my alts.

To everyone who disagrees with me just know, you’re wrong.

2 Likes

fixed it for you

If essences were account wide I’d play my alts.

I wanna log onto my alt and do m+, raid, pvp.

Not do mechagon and nazjatar follower rep again.

Which btw wouldn’t be bad if I could grind it out in one day and get on with playing my alt.

But noooo everything has to be time gated. I can only Farm 300 follower rep per day.

Conflict and strife still takes 3-4 weeks even if I grind out 2k rating.

4 Likes

The negative is that Blizzard would lose one of the pointless, unnecessary grinds that they rely on to keep players ‘engaged’ in the game.

1 Like

Please teach me how to get into mythic raiding with a ilvl 424. I never do anything more than heroic btw.

If you can’t beat it on normal, you don’t need the rank 3. Just use another essence.

Here’s your negative and it’s been posted ad nauseum however you don’t agree with it so you’ll continue saying it’s a non-reason, but wow is based on character progression, and absolutely nothing that progresses your character at end game is account wide. This will never change. Turning wow into something its not is very much a negative. And before you try and say my opinion isn’t relevant, I’ve done the grind for my essence’s on 4 of my 120 and am working on 2 more of my stable of 13.

So… If I can’t raid because I don’t have friends to raid with, I should just stick with aoe build? Yeah that’s one good gameplay experience.

You can clear normal with Rank 2s and 1s.

Not to mention : 3 weeks of full Heroic clear gets you Rank 3.

Not to mention #2 : who cares, 8.3 is shipping in 2 weeks with a new raid essence.

Or use something else ? Crucible is good ST damage too.

Hey, Bliz is entitled to make massive mistakes. The hope is they would learn from them, where they do have a spotty history. Essence grinds were hands down the worst feature of this entire expansion, and that’s saying a lot since warfronts and islands were terrible.

This is the first xpac since pre-MoP where I lost my normal “run up a dozen alts” and extend the life of the game. BfA frankly said Bliz thinks I should not play the game that way. So I don’t play alts and I got a lot of non-WoW time now :wink:

Crucible is literally handed to you. Is it as good? No. But you take what you can get. Bis is deserved by people who can do the content. I pug heroic weekly. Should I not be deserving of more powerful abilities than people who can’t even pug normal? That also takes away from the mmo experience and makes it more a moba experience. We aren’t supposed to be on an equal playing field against people who have a higher skill cap or dedication than ourselves. I’m not trying to make this as a personal attack towards you, I’m just enforcing the nature of an mmo on a competitive scale.

Edit: I should also mention, I raided this week feral with r3 crucible main, memory and I don’t remember my 3rd minor. I’m wanting to say it was pp. I have a 433 ilvl and all I have are aoe trinkets (I’m primarily bear so I haven’t taken the time to get the dps essence or coral). Looking at your armory you’re in better shape than I am minus the ilvl gap, and I wasn’t carried by any means. I wasn’t the top of the charts but I did competitive dps. You can manage without it while you’re working on it.

Yeah I’ll have to admit that I sucked on raiding but it’s not all the only content in the game. I can do a mythic+10 without f up the group but in a normal EP PUG nowadays most people are under 415 or even 410 and well, a lot of people doesn’t even know the fights including the tanks.

Btw I just got the coral last night, from the timewalking event. Which is funny because I used two bonus loot trying to get that but I got 750 AP instead.

You should be able to clear a normal ep with the average ilvl of the raid being 400 with no problem. Where you’ll have problems is people knowing the mechanics of the fights and people knowing how to play their class effectively. A friend of mine tried telling me that feral was easy so he and I had a dps race and I was pushing 25k dps with a 400 ilvl while he was pushing barely 15 with 425. This was towards the beginning of this season. The point of this anecdote is that there are plenty of people in this game that just don’t know how to play optimally and that can kill a raid. The first 3 bosses of even mythic however you can clear if you can just do mechanics. There isn’t really a clear dps check till ashvane.

Yeah what I was saying is for a non-raider like me it would take 9 weeks to get the rank 3 of the essence, which proves that not every essences is obtainable within a month (back to topic, sorry op).

The essence is obtainable in 3 weeks. You not stepping out above normal doesn’t change that, it simply makes it take longer for you.

But in the content you’re doing, you honestly don’t even need the Rank 3. The DPS requirements in normal are very low.

I’m not using it for raiding tho, I would like to use it in mythic+ and pvp.