Account bound essences would be a net positive for the game

Yes, scroll up. It would make WoW less of a character progression MMORPG, and thus it’s a negative.

1 Like

You see that response up there? He can’t.

But how does things being account bound negatively effect anything? How would it impact how you interact with the game?

In your opinion. In my opinion with would just go back to the way it has always been.

2 Likes

This is an opinion.

1 Like

Unfortunately it is not the negative they are looking for (aka none).

You can’t argue with these kind of people. They will dismiss anything you say then do ad hominem attacks (such as lying about your alts and your mains progression, which are not actually relevant) until the cows come home

It makes it so people have less attachment to their mains, and less replayability on alts. It gives us things like WoD where you have nothing to do on your character, and an alt takes 3 weeks to get fully kitted and shelved.

This entire discussion is an opinion from all sides.

2 Likes

It was a joke. How can someone say climate change isnt real, its been happening since the earth was born.

I don’t understand why some people want their alts to be equal to or even better than their mains.

let alone doing like 4-5 alts then complaining to blizzard that they are willingly choosing to do that.

And thats cool, because its three weeks I would be playing wow instead of playing another game or remodeling my bathroom which didnt really need to be done.

As someone who likes exploring and playing other classes I don’t think this is a negative. Blizzard could easily implement something that makes you feel more attached to one character.

They’ve managed to do it in the past, Challenge modes armor/weapons. No reason they couldn’t do it again.

Thank god.

Dont thank god yet, im not going to do anything about it.

Did you actually look at my horde paladin that has numerous rank 3 essences or did you just ignore it because it didn’t fit your narrative?

Then you said that my main has only done 5 timed mythic + dungeons this season.

Kinda funny how you are getting triggered over me calling you out on your BS.

If you really want to play alts, you just do it, because it doesn’t even require essences.

Because honestly some specs play better with their essences on top of their traits, comparing both of these grinds to tier bonuses comes to mind but is a bit of a stretch. Essences on top of gearing can add weeks of just…dailies to really see how a spec can feel once everything is rolling.

I’ve been hunting for a main for 8.3 since I returned recently for the anniversary and the essence grind is not something I’ve enjoyed doing, but felt obligated to do. Obviously I could just not play WoW until 8.3 and use the catch up mechanics yet I’d rather actually play the game then just sit and twiddle my thumbs.

So here I am kind of frustrated because I honestly enjoy what essences bring, yet annoyed that if I decide Druid isn’t the way to go I have to merrily drag myself back to Nazjatar, and Mechagon for something I might roll later. I’m thankful for catch up mechanics just this system seems to add a lot of buffered time to new characters that we haven’t had before.

1 Like

As a raid leader, honestly I’m baffled someone who raids at your level has this opinion.

Honestly baffled.

Or just don’t get the “dailies” essences. You can get a ton of essences without doing a single daily.

Most essences have the biggest dps / hps / ehps jumps from rank 1 to rank 2.

You don’t need full on rank 3 essences to do things like heroic EP.

This again, honestly please just stop.

As a Mythic raider, I don’t believe in 2nd, 3rd, 4th mains unless you put in the same effort as your 1st main.

1 Like