Account banned for cheating/bot. -need help

so my account is banned for what blizzard has said cheat/bot.

i never used it. i got a reply to a ticket i sent in, it said “read the eula” and they closed my ticket.

this is a joke right?

so i play 20 hours a day, i never cheated or botted. then all of a sudden i get an email an hour after i log out 1 day that my account is closed down. it’s been closed for cheat/bot.

this really isnt fair. theres no way to contact them directly. the only option is the support ticket system. they take 24 hours to give a single reply to me then close down ticket with no actual reply and no help. then they force me to reopen a ticket and im assuming they will just do the same thing. now its been almost 48 hours and i havent gotten a single reply from them at all.

like. im a really nice person, i group with people all the time. i pvp all the time. i play alot. 15-20 hours a day. like this game is my life. its not fair that my account was closed down due to some error. im being falsely accused of hacking. i reported that i could not trade or use the auction house system. now my account has been closed down permanently.

is there anyway to get a faster reply from the support ticket system?

my account was banned april 9th 2024

i started playing about 20 days prior to that. brand new account.

what’s weird is i never used any bot program or cheated in the game at all. and i was banned for cheat/bot perma ban.

no suspension or warning or anything for illegal activity on the account. which indeed i did not do either.

but its strange that i wasnt warned or suspended for a minor infraction rather than have my account perma banned. but in the end i didnt break any rule or make any infraction on my account or on my characters. so i have no clue why my account is currently perma banned.

my account never had any prior warnings or suspensions on it.
i never swore, i never scammed anyone, i never cheated.

and the support system, the only way to get unbanned, isnt working very well right now. it’s taking them 24 hours to give a single reply to me.

my account has been banned for bot/cheat
and my post keeps getting deleted from this page?
why is that?

is there anyway to get help for being falsely accused of cheating/bot and getting banned?

You’ve opened a ticket. This is all you can do.

Certain posts or actions, like multiple edits in a short time can be seen as spam and hidden by the forum. Probably once the mods review your last post it will be restored.

7 Likes

like kozz said once you open an appeal ticket you can do no more.

forum posts arent a means of bypassing or increasing your place in the ticket queue wait it out.

as for why your post is deleted, talking about forum/ingame account actions on forums is against the forum rules too. thats why account action threads are almost always locked after creation or soon after by blues aka forum csf mods.

2 Likes

Your first post got eaten by the automated Spam filter. I am guessing you kept editing it? If so that can trigger the filter to snack on it. It was not removed by an actual moderator. I had typed up the response below when the filter ate it in real time in front of me! This is the message that shows up in your first post

Our automated spam filter, Akismet, has temporarily hidden this topic.

Correct. The only option for appeals is a ticket, and always has been intended to be that way. Account actions are not open for debate or arguments with staff. An appeal asks them to check the data attached to the account. If it shows that third party software/automation was detected then the action is upheld. They use templates, not personal responses so that everyone gets the same info.

There can be false positives in bot ban wave sweeps if they erroneously flag something innocent as meeting the definitions of cheating software they are looking for. It is rare, but has happened. In those cases, they revisit the detection criteria, run it again, and group unban the people who were falsely actioned. Along with an apology.

At this point all you can do is appeal until they tell you that your Bnet account will get actioned if you keep ticketing on that issue. Be polite, don’t spam.

No, there is not. You are in queue with everyone else who is submitting tickets, appeals, or requests for account assistance. The time listed is an estimate of the oldest tickets in queue, not a count down for when yours will get answered.

5 Likes

appreciate the feedback.

i imagine it was just an error.

cuz i’ve done nothing wrong. i didnt break any agreement or rule with world of warcraft
hopefully this gets fixed fast.

i realize i probably wont be able to cap honor this week. no big deal

You’ll have to wait on an answer on your appeal ticket.

You’re not the only person waiting for help and what you’re experiencing is just a normal queue. They’ll eventually get to your case and at the same time review if everything has been done correctly or not to uphold or overturn your ban.

For cheating the penalty is usually a permanent ban on first infraction. Warnings are only seldom given for very minor infractions (Which yours isn’t). Your warning is the EULA you’ve read before playing the game.

2 Likes

This post is a duplicate. It was hidden by the auto spam bot last night and seems to have re-emerged!

EDIT - now where did the OTHER one go? That one had answers on it.

1 Like

I vaguely thought I saw this before, wasn’t it answered by another MVP, Kozzae?

I answered it and several other people did! I am so confused. Why did the zombie thread appear again and the answered one vanish…

2 Likes

im just feeling a bit sad. because ive never botted or used a bot before. and now my account is shut down after playing it.

ive been waiting 72 hours. i really hope its not to much longer and it’s good news.

Someone may have addressed this already in a post that disappeared. If you have any third-party automation software on your computer, even if you’re not using it, that can send a red flag to Blizzard.

Not to be rude, but is this a joke of a complaint thread about a ban? 20 hours a day? No one plays that much except World First Pushers or similar raiding events, etc unless you’re botting or manually playing as you are paid by a company to manually farm gold, which is bannable for abuse of economy as its RMT.

I cannot get over people posting these sorts of long hours, thinking it is normal. Do you sleep 4 hours a day?

I’m sorry if I’m rude, but this is a major red flag for a normal player who is pretty active each day.

2 Likes

Your normal isn’t everyone else’s normal. Neither is a 20-hour play session, but plenty of people do it. I know I’ve pulled a couple like that where I just couldn’t sleep and I was of a mind to do some hardcore farming or grinding. Is it healthy? Likely not. But it does happen.

3 Likes

But if he does 20 hours each day, every single day, while some may do this, would you say doing a few hard core days a few months, or even a few days a week does not raise a red flag compared to each day is more the point I was trying to make.

You may play 22 hours, then 5 hours, then 16 hours, then none, then 1, then 20, etc.

A person’s playtime isn’t really a factor into botting or not. I used to play from sun up to sun down repeatedly because depression and the like. Everyone handles their issues in different ways and handle it.

7 Likes

Its not our place to judge or condem a playstyle just because u dont like it doesnt give you the right to outrite condem it.

2 Likes

Is that what he said?

3 Likes