Account banned after gold swapping.. for gold

My account was recently closed after I did a large gold swap where I traded 10,121,000 of my gold that was split across 16 servers, in exchange for 8,096,800 gold that was all on 1 server and I have no idea why I was banned. I used the discord named WoW Market (they have a channel called Gold Swapping), to post what realms I had gold on as well as the amounts, and where I would want gold in exchange for my gold. Due to my gold being across 16 servers, I offered to let whomever traded me keep 20% of the gold, which is why I recieved 8,096,800. Before we traded gold, they told me they would need to transfer a guild bank (with the gold), to Stormrage (which is where I wanted my gold swapped to). I gave them a down payment of 300k gold, and they transferred a guild bank over. A few hours later, we began trading. I first gave them my gold, and then they logged onto their account with the Stormrage gold to trade me. The person I traded used 2 of their accounts to trade my gold and traded me their gold on their third account. I wanted to condense my gold onto 1 server because it’s much easier to swap gold from big high pop realms than it is if your gold is split, like mine was before this big trade. Before I traded with them, I did a few other trades with people, where I also paid them the same 20% fee. After we did the gold swap I deleted the 16 level 10 character’s that my gold was on because I only have 1 account and wanted to free up the character slots. 30 minutes later my account, as well as the person that I traded with, were both banned. I have since put in 2 ban appeals, and both of them have been denied along with me only receiving the automated copy pasted message that doesn’t include why we were actually banned. The person that I traded with uses an addon that monitors their trades, and has evidence of every trade that we did. If this was simply me trying to sell or buy gold, why would I trade over a gold cap to someone, and then have them trade me almost a gold cap back? It would take less than a few minutes for a GM to actually look over what happened and read our tickets, but instead we have only gotten GMs that mark as resolved instantly. Please, can I get a GM that will help us?

1 Like

There are no GM’s on the forums, nor is this a place to appeal or discuss account action.

An appeal is not to plead your case. It simply requests a new set of eyes to go over the evidence.

Blizzard will also never tell you exactly why you were banned.

4 Likes

All it takes is one of the gold sources used to help you swap getting their gold from methods against the rules and you’ll be in breach too?

It’s also an unsupported transaction.

If you used Discord to discuss everything, Blizzard can not investigate that either.

5 Likes

It has to be due to the amount of gold that was traded, as well as me deleting the character’s afterwards. I just want to talk with a GM because it doesn’t make sense why they are denying both of us. Even if it’s an unsupported transaction. all of the gold was obtained within the rules and was traded in exchange for gold… All that needs to be done is for our trade logs to be looked at and they’d see that gold was traded on both sides.

It appears that you already did. Twice. All you can really do is continue to put in appeals through the system. You can do that until they basically tell you they will do no further reviews.

Each appeal is reviewed by a new person, and it’s a review of their logs. I’m not saying don’t try to explain yourself, it’s just not always needed or useful. There definitely is no open dialogue with the team that does the reviews.

You should have gotten an email explaining why the ban took place, but other than that, they don’t provide details. If you didn’t get it, check your spam folder, or when you open your next appeal, request to have it re-mailed to you.

Good luck with your appeals.

5 Likes

The thing is, you have absolutely no way to verify this though. It’s very easy for whoever you are trading with to say “it’s all legit”. That’s the issue.

5 Likes

Had you conducted the ‘business’ in-game via chat, Blizzard would have those logs as part of the evidence too.

Blizzard can not investigate Discord.

2 Likes

Understandable, however the trade logs do still exist. Why would I give someone 10m and have them give me 8m, other than to have all of my gold condensed on 1 server? I mean seriously, if I was going to do something that involved selling or buying gold why would we both use 2 large amounts of gold? Why would they trade me back gold in the first place if that were the case? I also don’t understand why I have to appeal multiple times before I finally get a competent GM that realizes I was wrongfully banned, instead of these GMs that are simply marking as resolved without looking into it at all when they have access to all of our trade and party logs. What happened to the days when you’d make a ticket and the GM would actually talk to you? It’s also not as if I was on a random account with only level 10 characters… this was my only account that I’ve had for over 14 years. My friend had an achievement bug out for him a few weeks ago, and it took him 5 tickets before he finally had a GM fix it for him…

Well, all you can do is keep appealing until Blizzard says no more.

3 Likes

The last thing I would like to include, is that the original email I received stating that my account was banned does not include a violation. The area where it should be listed is blank after the word “violation”. I am not sure how to directly post an image here, but I can provide a link to what the email says. https://imgur.com/a/teB49Cm

Nothing would be able to be done via the forums as no one, namely the blues here, handle appeals or tickets. There are no GMs here, no one who handle account appeals come to the forums. This isn’t the court of law and you can plead your case. The them who handle the appeals don’t own Discord, so anything said there is moot in your case.

2 Likes

I am confused then, as this forum is named “customer support”. What I am gathering from all of you, is that even though Blizzard never told me why I was banned (refer to my image showing the violation field being blank), I will have to submit appeal after appeal until a GM finally takes the time to look through logs and see that I was wrongfully banned.

If you feel your account action was done in error, than appeal it until they say no more. No one here will take what you said here into account for anything. No one on the forums will defend you on your behave for what you said. All the appeal ticket would do, as said before, request for another set of eyes to look at.

Best to put in an appeal and let the thread go.

3 Likes

Actually, you can appeal until such time that they tell you no further appeals will be viewed or they overturn the account action.

But to clarify, the CS forums are primarily for players to help other players. It’s not a means to plead your case. All you can do is submit your appeal via a ticket. That’s it.

5 Likes

I’ve often thought the forum name is misleading and they should change it to “Players Helping Players”.

1 Like

Or folks could read the blue stickies at the top which clearly address the matter.

6 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/c/support-site-feedback/20

5 Likes

There’s more to what is happening here than what has been stated.

Regardless, the forums are not the place to appeal the decision. If you would like the Game Master team to review this for you, then a ticket must be submitted. If the Game Masters have upheld the decision, then that will be the final word on the subject.

18 Likes