Account acting odd

I’m trying to log in to my second account, and was surprised when it asked me for my authenticator code as it’s never done that before. I enter it, and it immediately says I’m disconnected from the server. I try a few more times with the same result. I can log in to my primary account (via the launcher) no problem.

I go to my account settings, now worried that I’ve been hacked or something. Last played yesterday, looks right. Account hasn’t expired, says my game time is good until tomorrow night…so I try to log in again, and still nothing. Should I open a ticket, or is there something wonky going on server wise for some accounts?

Editing to add that when I open my authenticator app, it says I have No Login Requests despite me having the window up asking for my code. I can still generate a manual code, but it always just automatically pops up with “You have been disconnected. (WOW51900314)”

1 Like

Are you launching wow.exe directly?

Yep, for the second account I launch directly from a shortcut to wow.exe on my desktop, so I can keep it over on my second monitor. Been doing this for a few months now with no problem, then suddenly today I get this. o.O

I’d heard of someone else earlier today experiencing this issue.

I’m not sure whether they found a solution, but perhaps you will need to swap back and forth in the Launcher for now.

Hmm. Not optimal, but better than not being able to play at all, or this meaning my account is hacked. Fingers crossed this works!

Edit: Was able to log in via changing the dropdown on the launcher with no problem at all. Logged out and tried again via wow.exe and still not letting me in. So weird!

I had the same issue today. I couldn’t logon through .exe and it prompted me for an authenticator code but did not send me one. I was able to log on through the launcher, though.

5 Likes

I’m having this same problem but I always launch through Battle.net. I can clear the problem, though, by exiting the client and relaunching.

Anyone reading this having this issues theres a ongoing thread in tech support to post in.

5 Likes

funny that you said that both my accounts have been saying this the lsat 2 days and i have had to change the pass word on my account each time i want to log in its saying one account is not recognizable not sure whats going on

See the solution posted, there’s a blue post acknowledging the issue and that they’re working on it. <3

2 Likes