According to blizzards not a bug list.. (reckoning bomb thread)

“Being critically struck while using /sit to sit does not cause abilities like Enrage, Blood Craze, and Reckoning to activate.”

So when is this going to be fixed?

It was?

Did they change it again?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-classic-“not-a-bug”-list-updated-12132019/175887

second thing on list.

Iv seen multiple paladins use /sit to gain reckoning charges thus far in classic

No I’m saying they “fixed” this to not happen only a few weeks ago.

Is it happening again?

1 Like

it is still happening

That’s awesome

4 Likes

There’s an exploit that allows you to trick the server into giving you such effects.

Personally, I’d like to see people being banned for it, but I’d settle for them fixing it.

1 Like

if you /sit and stand up during the spell batch. The attack counts you as sitting down. Gotta time it basically right before the mob swings… so the batch counts you as both sitting and standing. It was harder to do back then because we didnt have such fast connections. Now it’s mechanic abuse that takes a lot of timing to pull off… Some players attempt to abuse it to greater effects. Same thing with how the HOJ buff applies after the swing and if you reset your attacks it creates a 2nd instance of proccing the buff.

Its mechanics that we didnt know about back in the day when we were all little noobs, but now that we have 15 years of experience we can abuse the hell out of… Like elemental mastery being removed AFTER the cast, and casting a 2nd spell immediately after within less than a half second delay counts the buff towards the 2nd cast. Or multiple shatters… Or spell clipping… All mechanics we used to use to effect every once in awhile.

But now we know how to abuse these mechanics deeply to our benefit. Is it an issue? Yes, especially the reckoning /sit abuse but its not a ‘bannable’ offense imho

Yea, I thought early reports from players were that /sit wasnt working like it did on pservers.

Gotta tell you, we knew about all of these in Vanilla.

The only difference is how many people know. I assure you, skilled elemental shamans all knew how EM worked. Every single one of us knew how to get the double crit (and I didn’t even play ele, and I still knew). Every single frost mage worth the name knew how to get shatter combos. Every caster who could out-DPS wanding knew how to clip the end of their spellcasts (most of us had an addon for it with /stopcasting macros).

None of this is new. It’s just that new information vectors and a higher percentage of hardcore players in the playerbase have made it more common than it was.