Fix Spell Batching When?

Shamans and Mages can 1 shot anyone in PVP. When is this being fixed?

Blizzard can be very unpredictable with their changes/adjustments. On one side I think they will never adjust the batching. On the other side I think they will but not for a long time. It took months for particular changes like AV for example when they should have been done a long time ago.
So who knows.

What do you mean? This question sounds like you are assuming everthing “will be made perfect” some day. I don’t think that’s true for any MMO.

And it is even less likely in Classic WoW, which is defined as a copy, not a perfect “to be improved” game. Blizzard has never said they will fix every imperfection in Classic WoW.

In other words, I don’t think this “when” question is a reasonable question.

Never. 10 char.

1 Like

I mean, PoM/Pyro mages and Elemental Mastery shamans were both notorious for big-[insert phallic object here] crits that could one-shot people back in Vanilla. Changing spell batching will reduce it, but not eliminate it.

I mean, any Horde team with 2+ Shaman have a guaranteed win. Not that Blizzard cares about Alliance, but when the Horde has 2 Shaman and 2 Mages … there’s just zero chance to even PLAY the game.

Not actually batching, Pom Pyro hits hard. Shatter combo with frost and ele builds does not require batching, only requires the nova does not break and since its classic the tuning is different and it has a much higher damage cap before it breaks, this is not TBC.

Shaman is batching, its possible it existed in vanilla some people say yes others say no, and a few of the people who say no were shaman in vanilla. As I remember NS was the better talent in vanilla by a big margin, at least good shaman used NS over EM.

False.

This guy wrote Shaman guides that were stickied by Blizzard back in Vanilla. I think he knows what he’s talking about:

https://web.archive.org/web/20060503155601/http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-shaman&t=36840&p=1&tmp=1#post36840