Access_violation

When doing the quest in Northern Barrens that requires you to put raptors feathers in the nests once I activate a feather it gives me
Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe
Access_Violation - The instruction at ‘0x00007ff65367a72bf’ etc.

1 Like

Having the same issue with an NPC in outland

Appearantly holding shift to compare certain items gives it too

just logging in my priest does it think its the pop up for the new quest but who the F knows

Same issue here.

Cant log in on on Meltdyn crashes tried 3 PCs on 2 networks crashed to a Memory error.
3 minutes ago
This ticket was marked as Resolved.
3 minutes ago
Rainmithwen
Howdy

We’re sorry you’re experiencing crashing, freezing, or performance issues in Battle.net game/app. We understand how frustrating this can be, but we’re here to help you resolve these issues. Please follow the steps below, and if the problem persists, consider contacting the game forums or consulting with a local tech expert for further assistance.

NOTE: For console issues please use this link:

NOTE: For none install issues with MW products please contact Activision:

1. Update Graphics Drivers and Windows: Ensure your graphics drivers and Operating System are up-to-date. 

2. Verify Game Files: For Blizzard's Battle.net launcher, select Battle.net App, click on the Options menu, and choose Scan and Repair.

3. Disable Background Applications: Close unnecessary background applications, as they might interfere with Battle.net App. Check for any resource-intensive programs running in the background and close them before launching the game.

4. Run as Administrator: Right-click the Battle.net App shortcut or executable and select "Run as Administrator." This ensures that the game has the necessary permissions to run smoothly.

5. Adjust In-Game Settings: Lower in-game graphics settings to reduce the strain on your system. Experiment with different settings to find a balance between performance and visual quality.

6. Check for Overheating: Monitor your system's temperature while playing. Overheating can cause crashes. Ensure that your CPU and GPU temperatures are within acceptable ranges. Clean any dust from your computer components and ensure proper ventilation.  

7. Reinstall the game/app: Uninstall the game, restart your computer, and then reinstall the game. Corrupted installation files can lead to various issues, and a fresh installation might resolve the problem.

If, after following these steps, you are still experiencing issues, we recommend visiting the Battle.net game forums on the official Blizzard website. There, you can find a community of players and developers who can provide additional insights or solutions based on their experiences.

If all else fails, consider contacting a local tech expert who can perform a more in-depth analysis of your system to identify and resolve any hardware or software issues.
This is what support did Nothing cant log her on on any pc there data base problem and i get a F off letter

1 Like

Hi, I’m from EU and got the same error and also the same reply from the same guy. This is just bad support and I cannot believe it. @Blizzard: At least say something like “We will investigate” but don’t tell us to contact local support…

For me what I found out:

In my case its happening on my Lvl 48 Warrior alt (EXP stop enabled, in WotLK Chromie time, Arms Spec).
There are multiple items in my bag that are causing this issue while hover over them with the cursor. Two wands, a chest (maybe a bag…not sure) and my trinket Core of Ar’kelos and a TBC shield. For the trinket, I need to click it or unequip it to trigger the error.
Now the funny part:
If I change spec to Protection there are no issues. The shield will be equiped automatically (because I have a set connected to this spec).
When I change back to Arms → same error as before

edit: Can someone test if the issue is gone when you change your class spec?

There is a fix than they need to fix the old items in the data base or delete them so we can play the characters we have had for 20 years.

1 Like

I’ve collected all threads regarding this issue and created a bug report here:

It seems that the crash is being caused by comparing particular items, specifically while doing TBC chromie time. Anytime I hold shift over 2 items, it will crash the game. Sold these particular items and it hasn’t crashed sin ce.

Been doing Northrend stuff and now I’ve got this same issue. Highly annoying.

Yeah, got it first in Northrend as well. Trying to sell stuff from fishing in Dalaran.
Just ran a few dungeons and raids, and I’m getting it from vendors (treant in old Dalaran, vendor from the expedition yak, and now Vaskaran in Valdrakken).

“Exception: Access-violation. The instruction at “0x00007ff6756472bf” referenced at 0x000000000000a” (not sure on number of zeroes, but same overall length as the previous string). The memory could not be "read’. ProcessID 60872, ThreadID 58168

Basically, can’t sell anything, at least on one character.

Im getting access violation crashes trying to use the raptor feather

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.