"Accessibility" vs "I don't want to learn"

I’m glad I broke out of this and played other games after a decade of playing exclusively WoW. Although, it is still tough for other games to hold my attention for more than 2 hours. Actually, no, WoW can’t hold my attention for more than 3 hours anymore.

2 Likes

well don’t think I can do anything about that now unless someone wants to gift me DF lol, beta is over.

Thank you. I’m tired of these disingenuous sorts who always bring up the accessibility angle as a smokescreen for their unwillingness to engage.

Of course, Blizzard should add an option to alleviate motion sickness as an actual accessibility issue, but never capitulate to the usual forum soapbox sorts. It never ends well.

3 Likes

Of course, I was just making sure I understood what you were saying.

What if you had a slider in the accessibility menu that let you cap your top speed, and you could slide that sucker all the way down to 310 and it would also scale the point in which your vigor recharge kicks in proportionally.

So you’d have all of the same mechanics as DR, but you’d never go faster than normal flying. The game world would still be a PITA to navigate because it’s not any smaller but you could reach every high point. Dragon races are a no go but that’s optional content anyways.

How would you feel about that?

2 Likes

I would at least try it.

So you would buy the expansion?

Op you do realize people have many different types of disabilities? And that is up them decide wither they wish to use this feature ,with that also ,it’s their option to use it. You can keep screaming at them all you want in the end they’ll win.

2 Likes

yeah I’d try it as long as videos of it weren’t nauseating, I’m pretty bored right now and farming old mounts til my sub runs out lol.

Blizz, hope you read this.

Take that idea to blizzard, I think that might actually be workable. I doubt they could push it out the door in less than 6 months but I think it’s buildable and doesn’t compromise the vision of the expansion

1 Like

it would probably at least put it in the category of ground mounts for me, as in not my first choice but usable. However they also said that regular flying is coming later, so they may just expect people who can’t use DR as it is now to wait til then, I dunno. :frowning:

I think they are trying to find a way to kill normal flying in the game, eventually.

Normal flying is just fast air swimming. It was 2006 and programming is hard.

3 Likes

Different games have different audiences with different game culture and expectations.
More at 11.

nope, I think the dragon flying is dumb just like adding woke stuff to the game but it’s not anti accessibility at all.

1 Like

I believe so,plus with air pvp it would end this game.

I think you missed the south park reference

I’m sorry, I don’t understand that last reply.

Sorry,it this crazy phone.

1 Like

You think air pvp would end the game?