"Accessibility" vs "I don't want to learn"

Blizzard’s dragonflying is almost identical to Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword and Guild Wars 2 griffon riding. There’s tons of games with similar flying systems.

Those games came out, people enjoyed them, and people with disabilities played them.

But warcraft players? Oh no no no. This is unfair, this is anti-accessibility, this is ablest!!!

It’s not ablest. There’s a women who beat Eldenring with one arm on a level 1 character.

You just don’t want to learn a standard game mechanic from other games.

This is the problem with “Blizzard fans” compared to people who play video games. If it’s not an RTS, ARGP, or old school WoW controls, you don’t want to try it.

In my opinion, this system doesn’t go far enough. There’s a quest called “Training wings” where you fly a red whelpling and you can shoot fireballs. You can actually shoot down other players doing the quest in warmode in a mini-dog fighting game that Blizzard ACCIDENTALLY made. They should add those fireballs to our dragons and we should be able to do a flying battleground on dragons.

134 Likes

Yup. The same people claiming anti disability are the same people mad about an LGBT couple.

42 Likes

I’m not positive about that, but I am confident that the people complaining about Dragonflying need to go touch other games. Try new things more often.

16 Likes

I’m going to link a previous post I made because it’s relevant:

11 Likes

I was afk there and I returned and was dead. The log said ruby whelping killed me. Makes sense now.

2 Likes

Getting all the glyphs makes it way nicer

I didn’t like how janky it was at the beginning

4 Likes

And I’m going to link mine because it too is relevant.

14 Likes

This is at least a valid criticism. True it is also really easy to resolve but valid none the less

6 Likes

This forum is full of nags today.

9 Likes

Yeah I haven’t farmed the glyphs yet and it feels janky.

Especially compared to regular flight it feels a lot more limited with the caveat that it can move faster if I need to go a long distance.

2 Likes

i haven’t gotten that far yet, but i’ve always loved the griffon mount in GW2 (the races were too difficult for me but i digress). i feel for the people that dont like it or have various issues with it though. it’s not for everyone, and until regular flying they’re going to be really gimped on the isles

5 Likes

My buddy maxed it before questing, so I almost finished the first zone before I went and did it myself

You basically feel like you have infinite vigor when you have it maxed out, it’s sooooo much nicer

Basically feel like you’re flying twice as fast as the cost of occasionally hitting 1

6 Likes

Once you have alot of glyphs, farm them right away asap takes less than 2 hours, it’s no longer janky and when you have it maxed out you can fly indefinitely for the most part without stopping.

2 Likes

or 2

But ya I got my dragon and did the same immediately collected all the glyphs.

2 Likes

people want noclip style air walking at triple or more run speed. It’s laughably op with the way the game is designed and lets players negate/ignore 90% of the game at will and are interested in complaining about it.

The complaints about people with legitimate issues (like motion sickness not being resolved with the current systems) are fine. The people who don’t want to learn a mechanic are not.

13 Likes

I mean, if I wanted to play other games, I’d… Play other games. The benefit there is playing the one who got the feature so right that others want to copy it, instead of the copy.

9 Likes

You’re still nagging.

Why not? Players whining incessantly for years about flight to a developer who admittedly hated the only iteration of flight it ever managed to crank out - basically, those who failed to adapt for the last 16 years - is part of how dragon riding came to be.

BS! in neither of those games are you forced to use only one type of flight or travel. The motion sickness is a real issue and there is an easy fix that doesn’t impact you, your game play or anything else for that matter. Stop being short sighted!

7 Likes

You can’t get out of Skyloft without flying on your bird using a similar system to dragonflight lol. You can’t even complete the game’s tutorial section without beating Groose in a race.

8 Likes

Are you doing okay brother? Log back on and enjoy the game.