Access Viloations when trying to turn in Dimensius the All-Devouring

I’m getting an access violation when trying to turn in one specif quest. The quest is Dimensius the All-Devouring in outland. The error code im getting is 1A54573D-0BF2-4321-A03C-407AFF66C35B

Ive already tried without addons, I’ve reset my interface, wtf folder and cache folder. The game still crashes when I interact with the NPC to turn in the quest or when I try and open the quest in my quest log. I can interact with other NPCs and quest givers just fine but this one is making my game crash over and over.

I’m running a Ryzen 7950x 3D so I know its not my CPU that’s causing it.

5 Likes

Only staff can read that code…
Open a ticket to get them to look at the code for you.

Good luck.

Ive submitted 3 tickets with copy pasted responses. They close the ticket before I can even elevate it.

Ok can you provide your DX report?

direct X report here

Read the bottom of report…

My advice …
Remove all but C: drive and maybe D: and your cd drive if you wish.
Unplug the steam deck.
Basic plane PC.
Normal mouse.
1080p 60…
Full screen windowed.
3 on settings.
No Add-ons.
No addon program for addons.

Look at bottom of report for windows crashing programs.
Note they could have been a long time ago. Failed installs…

Anyone else see anything?

I also have crashes with this quest, but when I try to accept it.
Every time I try to accept Dimensius the All-Devouring the game crashes with “ACCESS_VIOATION” exception.
I can accept and complete other quests in the zone without issues.
I tried accepting it with another character but it crashes for both characters.
Error code: CB794EAE-B1D9-42DE-A427-16A7824ABB05

I have tried the following without success:
Removed addons
Reset all settings to default
Reinstalling the game
Tried accepting with another character

That’s honestly a ton of work for one NPC and quest. A lot of my drives are internal.

I was doing it to get rep with the consortium but now I see its part of the lore master meta achievement for Netherstorm. That might throw a wrench in the plans of anyone trying to get the Loremaster Title because this quest line is required.

@ Bugreporter What CPU do you have?

I have a AMD 5700X3D

7950x 3D here. So its not limited to intel chips

Just tried it on another computer with Intel CPU and it has the same problem.

Would be nice to get conformation from blizzard this is a known issue. And more player reports.

5 Likes

Yes this really sucks. I’ve been stuck on this quest for days. I was almost so relieved to have Outland done for Loremaster. Guess I’ll go do other content and hope this gets fixed.

You guys are not alone…here you go:

added this thread to my list

According to blue-post it is an known issue (don’t ask me why it is still not on the list of known issues) and a fix might be on the way…well that was over 2d ago.

In some cases it might be helpful to unequip your weapon.

I have the same problem w/this quest - and it occurred about the same time as the original post. I cannot turn in quest or abandon it. If I click on it I get disconnected. I have a ticket on this right now. I did a bug report when it occurred

I was just able to accept and turn in the quest today. I think they might have fixed it.

Seems to be fixed. The quest worked for me today as well

Finally worked, must be fixed. Yay!