Access to Ordon Sanctuary

It’s possible to get close enough and kill Ordos without the cloak via the flying in fatigue trick but he doesn’t drop any loot and you don’t get the achieve unless you have the cloak.

What exactly was it that you paid actual cash money up front for that others are not being required to pay cash for? Help me with this.

Everything we get in this game is free. The idea that the game should be wrecked to make one dude who did some brainless grind 3 expansions ago feel special is beyond stupid.

2 Likes

Most people’s time has value. I am guessing you have never heard the saying time=money.

Yes that is true. Good thing that isn’t what I said. And don’t bother trying to make me explain what I did say to you because I don’t think I want to attempt that.

I genuinely want to know, why do you care about being able to get to Ordos? All of his gear is useless now and none of it was unique iirc.

Personally I dont care if they let you kill him or not, I got to kill back in the day when he dropped useful and if they said tomorrow you could go kill him without the cloak… I wouldnt care because it does not matter.

But I do want to know what is so special about him? Am I forgetting something about him? Does he have a mount or unique mog gear?

Just curious.

But Pathfinder for BfA still is required to get flight in BfA even though BfA falls under the same 1-50 levelling bracket as WoD and Legion.

So how do you explain that?

No.
I am reading the official Blizzard posts about how leveling is being reworked.
Blizzard even said themselves the reason to change it now was because of the leveling revamp.

No they haven’t.

You still have yet to explain why on earth you think allowing flying in WoD and Legion is bad with the new leveling revamp.

I don’t, nor do I wish to justify it.
Blizzard needs to extend it to BFA too as soon as Shadowlands hit to remain consistent.

lol - you didn’t even read my post. Blizzard is LOSING money because of pathfinder in ALL expansions. Plain and simple.

You very clearly said, word for word: There is nothing in the change to the leveling structure that required a change like this.

That is what I am responding to, because it’s baffling as to how you could think that.

I certainly have.

What you said was that people are just getting it “for free”, which is a lie. And where did you get that from? It was from that whiny thread where 1 guy got shouted down by hundreds of players who have done all the grinds, think they are stupid, and think the requirements should be relaxed. Are you an alt of that guy?

The idea that the game should bed formulated to pander to the most sensitive of sensitive snowflakes at the expense of the long-term health of the game is bizarre.

Nobody admires or respects people because they got draenor pathfinder 6 years ago. Treating people badly does not make them admire you and want to be just like you. It makes them want to quit the game and find one where fun is not gated by many months of grinding and players who think everybody is stupid but them.

1 Like

This part.

Now you have to think beyond what is being stated to realize what is happening, but this is exactly why.

Because there isn’t. The only reason blizzard themselves stated they were doing it was because of consistency. But since we are leveling up in BfA and in Shadowlands even that excuse doesn’t make sense.

navigational parity means consistency.

Have you been out doing corona virus lockdown protests? You are engaging in the same type of thinking as those people are using.

No kidding. That isn’t what this is about. And here you are trying to get me to explain this to you.

I just am not up to that challenge. You have to be able to think of actions and reactions and consequences to understand this.

Because you weren’t there during MoP

That cloak also is why it needs to stay gone

If you weren’t there during MoP, you weren’t there

Shadowlands is excluded, it’s about past expansions. The 1-50 experience because 50 - 60 is new, it’s what the levelers are trying to get to, that should be obvious.
BFA should absolutely be included. The reward is to fly in current content. That’s enough.
Nobody will care about flying in BFA the moment Shadowlands goes live.

That’s not what we are discussing or what you’re even arguing for.
You’re mad because you think this change makes peoples efforts to earn it to begin with pointless.
It’s a needed change. That’s my point.

You still have yet to give 1 reason why the leveling revamp is a reason not to free up old pathfinders.

You’re making no sense, you’re saying irrelevant things, and when I ask you to clear it up you get all high and mighty about yourself.
You’re doing it to me, and you’re doing it to other people you’re responding to.

Either give a reason why giving players the choice between 8 expansions means they should still withhold flying from 3 of them, or quit responding.

Really what current content did you have to do when you got flying?

Let’s break this down into smaller bites.

You don’t want past requirements removed like the mop cloak to access Ordon. Overall you don’t need it really other than cosmetics.

WOD Pathfinder is a requirement to fly in Draenor but not required to get around since it was designed with no flying originally. So technically it’s a pass requirement that if you haven’t done then new players are forced to use flight paths.

You’re okay with removing one requirement but not the other. This is cherry picking what requirements stay and don’t stay.

By your logic Pathfinder is a past requirement to fly and new players should not be able to fly in Draenor because they missed out on a past requirement.

Blizzard puts a time lock on flight keeping it gated until so far into the game that by the time you accessed it theres no content left to actually enjoy anymore

after all you had to do 99.9% of the content to even get the reps and exploration achievements so by the time you can fly its already a useless feature by design

thats like going to the airport and before you are allowed to board you must first go to the coffee shop then race back to the service desk and watch a 45 minute safety and operational seminar afterward your expected to take a test on the topics they discussed to which they next tell you that all the way on the other end of the airport is a gift shop go there and buy something before heading back to the service desk picking up your tickets then rushing all the way to the security boarding zone and wind up standing in line 30 minutes until finally allowed to board the plane and in the end you learn the airline misplaced your luggage and the only place to file a report is right back at the airport you just left which means youll have to do the entire thing all over again just to get back there once your current flight has landed

that in a nutshell is how Blizzard is handling pathfinder

1 Like

There never was a Pathfinder with Mist of Pandaria to begin with. Back in the days it was an upgrade called cloud flying or something like that.

It’s only timeless isle that we can’t fly in. Like Argus in Legion.

I came to the forums to post about this exact topic.

If the devs are willing to lift the Pathfinder requirements for old expansions, they should also lift the requirements for other outdated content, such as this!

I was there during MoP, I’ve played since Wrath, but I never finished the cloak questline. It’s ridiculous that you can’t farm an elite for transmog appearances unless you’ve completed an outdated questline from 4 expansions ago. The content is no longer relevant.

3 Likes

Blizzard devs, please remove the cloak requirement. It is a boss that a lot of players would love to one-shot and get some xmogs. This seems like a 2 minute fix.

1 Like