Access to Ordon Sanctuary

Since path finder is not needed why can’t the restrictions be removed to access to Ordon Sanctuary?

14 Likes

i agree, especially since the cloak is essentially unobtainable (yes i already have the cloak but I think of my fellow players that might have missed it)

The only way to that part of the island is via the glider trick.

8 Likes

Even then it kicks you out if you don’t have cloak. They should have really left the cloak quest in the game. Would give people something to go back and grind for starters and not all players played during that era. Even if they changed the final reward to a purple cloak instead of legendary so the special snowflakes can still feel all warm and fuzzy instead for getting it when it was current.

Same goes for the ring quest in WOD.

8 Likes

Sorry, cool kids only. Pathfinder isn’t related to cloak quest

2 Likes

This is a valid point. If people’s efforts don’t matter anymore there is no reason to be removing any content whatsoever, make everything trivial.

2 Likes

You’re jumping from Point A to Point Z, OP.
I do think the cloak chain should be added back in, but it has nothing to do with Pathfinder.

Pathfinder is trivial in the first place.

1 Like

So is getting the cloak 4 expansions later.

2 Likes

I don’t really see the connection here.

Pathfinder simply doesn’t work for older expansions with the new leveling structure. You cant have zones without flying and other zones with flying.

The cloak and that MoP boss is just for cosmetics. It’s also the major story chain of MoP.

This isn’t an invitation to suddenly remove all past requirements.

1 Like

If I remember right, Blizz was going to remove the cloak requirement, then last minute decided to keep it for some reason.

4 Likes

Yup.

Personally, legendaries and their questlines should NEVER be removed. This was never a thing until Mists and it was a piss poor decision. Those are major storylines and no legendaries were ever removed from the game before. So why would these ones be removed? Why have an inaccessible raid boss? This isn’t limited time challenge content, they’re storylines and a raid boss.

12 Likes

Sure it does. All last week it worked just fine on Alpha.

There is nothing in the change to the leveling structure that required a change like this. In fact this makes less sense doing this in Shadowlands than it does now.

They straight up decided people should get things for free than others earned.

Ion is the guy with the black qiraji tank mount.

I feel this is the personal preference of a small minority of players who would rather see old content wrecked from the inside out by removal of story than permit others to experience the content as it was intended to be experienced.

3 Likes

No… it doesn’t…?

Do you even know how the leveling is being reworked?
I’m not sure how you could say that if you knew how leveling will work in Shadowlands.

I do because I am playing alpha.

Can’t tell if you’re bitter about this or not, but it isn’t a new concept. Old expansions are now part of the base game and we all payed for those expansions separately. Other games lift old requirements, as well. That’s just the nature of MMORPGs.

1 Like

you know Blizzard even if they did decide to make it where all players could get into there we would walk in and discover the place is empty and theyd have it explained away as due to temporal flux caused by the cloak only those with it can actually see and interact with Ordos or something just to pour salt in the wound and remind players that no matter what we ask for they will always find a way to twist it around and somehow make it worse

1 Like

You obviously don’t.

Oh yeah do not get me started on that Black Prince rep farm either. 500 rep a week it takes over a year of world boss killing to exalt this rep right now.

You know I don’t see any posts of yours on alpha - do you even have alpha?

Or are you just relying on what others who wanted this change claimed. People who want something changed find all sorts of silly reasons why things won’t work sometimes and in my opinion this was one of them.

Blizzard themselves have been wanting to do this for awhile because it was losing them business but it was hard for them to change prior expansions and still keep pathfinder in the current expansion because the reasons they claimed pathfinder was needed still exist.

Trouble is they can’t see this is just another nail in the coffin of this game. These threads are proving it.

It’s possible to get close enough and kill Ordos without the cloak via the flying in fatigue trick but he doesn’t drop any loot and you don’t get the achieve unless you have the cloak.