Abuse of Toys and RP servers:

Extended periods under fluorescent lights gives me migraines to the point I puke.

Intense Blue and Red lights, for extended periods, result in me getting fuzzy vision - not because it hurts my eyes, but, for some reason, I can’t see properly through that.

Personally speaking, more then low motion blur messes with my eyes. It’s even worse if i’m playing on low framerates.

Bingo. People spammed a toy that had enough red lights to where I could not see my character outline - only my character’s eyes.

It was extremely disorienting.

And this is one of the major reasons I believe we need player/grouped player housing.

If it existed it would provide an area where players could RP away from interference. It would be even better if it had its own closed chat option so you could cut out all extraneous non-RP communication. I mean, you can create your own channel and close others but it would be nice if it was a one-click option.

3 Likes

Well i was referring to the entire world being your sandbox, but… mkay. :man_shrugging:

There’s this: [Feature Request] Exploration Mode

But doesn’t refer to the entire world.

1 Like

I’m not saying this is the viable alternative, but I guess at least the garrison is the one place that somewhat meets this metric?

I hated the way WoD was built solely around the garrison, etc. But at least in this instance, I think that’s kinda the only guaranteed spot that can be safe from folks ruining your day?

I played a ton on an rp-pvp server in Classic. And although I didn’t personally take part in the rp stuff very much, I always thought it was kinda awesome the folks that I would see from time to time doing their events.

I respect it. I wish others respected it more as well.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say thank you for having this attitude, it’s very appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I still play WoW with my several friends that I play all my games with (d3, overwatch, pserver junk, PoE, etc) and I still find myself nostalgic that I first enjoyed WoW because I always loved RPGs.

I find more and more that I miss the rpg element of the modern wow… Idk, somehow it just seems to have been diluted along the way. I still love raids, M+, and pvp, but sadly WoW just can’t quite hold the luster that it used to as the rpg elements continue to fall by the wayside. :frowning: (It’s still my fave game, ofc)

On DD (rp-pvp) here in Classic, i was once moving thru Ironforge on my 60 warlock and I saw some RPing gnomes looking all straggly in a dark corner sitting on boxes in just their shirts etc… a lv27 warlock is like “Hey, you over there… you want some of the good stuff?!?”

And then he proceeds to open trade and pass me a healthstone (a lv27 one.)
I accept it, then I trade him back my (much improved) lv60 cookie.

“What!!! A competitor? On my turf!!! This is my corner and I give out the good stuff 'round here!!!”

Haha. Yep, the rp elements are still out there, if we know where to look. :wink:

4 Likes

It does persist through death and logging out. That and the dampener.

I know because it is useful for raid.

1 Like

Oh. :open_mouth:

Well that one, i knew, but i always keep forgetting it does persist though logout and Death.

Sounds neat until you have bots making magical phased/stealthed parties and going to town like a XIV “crafter” in a locked house.

It also lasts like 12 hours I think, so it’s not as sucky as toys.

1 Like

Well The sandbox idea is just gonna be there for only exploration/RP purposes with no progression what so ever. No enemies or such. Just an option to play though the world for literally only RP.

Plus the neural silencer idea is only gonna work for users of that neural silencer. Everybody else can still see them as normal.

Hmm If there’s no enemies or nodes that sounds fine~ I’m not sure if having a lot of extra phases would be stressful to the servers or not.

Maybe they could repurpose dungeons somehow, you could take your party to one and just have it be emptied out. Could have a lot of environmental variety and privacy without adding too much extra. Let you queue up and tele right in.

1 Like

I want to feel bad for the OP but it makes it hard because they sound like such a snob.

2 Likes

It’s not snobbish to want people to stop going into RP spots and spamming toys that can make people unable to look at their screens. And you’re not a dwarf.

5 Likes

Well think of it like this way. To keep in mind of the number of people who plays the game, the Sandbox/RP that everybody will have, will share the same phase as the Garrisons, (Except the Garrison stuff that progresses will be disabled, it will just be entirely cosmetic and static in this mode via by a buff or two. ) and it will rid the other phases and just set the zones at their final phase.

If the servers can handle more then 1 player specific phase, then it will be a separate thing entirely, as well the option control which phase a zone should be in your phase.

That too.

It was snobbish-ish in my eyes. Gonna be ok?

2 Likes

Seems like the snobbish thing was a self-projection, then. Got it.

3 Likes