Abuse of the report system for legit in-game sales

I thought 800-something employees were laid off like 3 or 4 years ago. It was a bunch of admin and some of the blues here were part of that.

Yes. 2019 they laid off a lot of staff. A list of exactly the positions was released as per CA law. My statement was that they have not laid off the CS staff since the 2012 purge.

It was front facing folks involved in CM roles (like Ythisens :(, PR, Marketing, Publishing, and esports.

They were folks involved in promoting the games for the most part. Seeing as they felt they had no new games to release soon, they laid off a bunch of the front facing staff.

They also increased the Development staff to push new games out the door.

CS/GMs were not impacted in that layoff.

4 Likes

If a lot of players, independently, think something is a duck then it is a duck.

Judging by other threads, players seem to be tired of advertisements to do carries/boosting/whatever.

We also don’t know how often those players were repeating their advertisements for carries.

1 Like

Until a GM promptly overturns it.

People “tired” of boosting advertisements are getting other people, who are following the rules, squelched for no good reason. Keep in mind that squelching has the effects of a full silence, which also removes other chat features, group finder, mail, etc.

“I’m tired of seeing ads that are made in accordance with the rules” is no excuse to report someone.

5 Likes

Advertising a trade service in trade chat that is not against EULA is not a “duck.” Their opinion on whether or not it’s good or bad holds no weight.

So what? It’s not against the rules.

These silences we’re hearing about are being overturned, so apparently not enough to be considered spam.

This is just the same thing we saw when people jumped on the false bandwagon about multiboxing being banned. People were getting reported left and right if they had someone with them that was on follow. It’s the newest bandwagon, complete with torches and pitchforks, and it’s ruining the gameplay of people following the rules.

1 Like

this is same reason majority rule doesnt work irl either.

4 Likes

Maybe for US? EU and other areas on the other hand…

The anti-boost brigade is far more toxic, bad for the game, and annoying than the spam ever was imo.

3 Likes

ROFL how so?

1 Like

then it wasnt about you. Dont take it as personal attack. I didnt call you out specifically i called out spammers in general. If you took that personally thats on you, you must think you somewhere in your brain you are doing the wrong thing. Either that or Main character syndrome.

This came straight from Kaivax. So can we now report these false report and get them banned

No, she is rude and duplicitous so I will be snarky in return

That isn’t efficient rofl. That’s over an hour of playtime just doing chores.

You just described yourself, not Mirasol. Follow the Code of Conduct you agreed to.

1 Like

No ot doesn’t because the threshold is extremely low. If someone got 10 people to just spam reports all day they could auto squelch anyone who talks in trade.

How do you do that? I have never seen anything saying “So and So reported you”

1 Like

If someone insults me I will be snarky in return she has insulted me multiple times and continually attempts to play word games badly but still atempts.

Sensible way to fix this:

1 Like

No one insulted you. Grow up.

you can’t but you can open up a ticket and counter the report which can ban the person who falsely reported you