Abuse of the report system for legit in-game sales

That isn’t efficient rofl. That’s over an hour of playtime just doing chores.

You just described yourself, not Mirasol. Follow the Code of Conduct you agreed to.

1 Like

No ot doesn’t because the threshold is extremely low. If someone got 10 people to just spam reports all day they could auto squelch anyone who talks in trade.

How do you do that? I have never seen anything saying “So and So reported you”

1 Like

If someone insults me I will be snarky in return she has insulted me multiple times and continually attempts to play word games badly but still atempts.

Sensible way to fix this:

1 Like

No one insulted you. Grow up.

you can’t but you can open up a ticket and counter the report which can ban the person who falsely reported you

If one person reports in good faith Blizz is not going to suspend them for abusing the report system. They want people to report things and those things won’t always be right.

If a person or group is engaging in a coordinated campaign to flood reports, disrupt the server, etc - they will get suspended.

you mean like what is happening right now :wink: And if you tell me there’s no ill-intent on the report you’re either bias or blind

3 Likes

Shockingly enough calling someone a troll and implying they are dumb is considered an insult much like you claiming I can’t read :slight_smile:

Extreme levels of bias

1 Like

Yes, coordinated campaigns are done with ill intent which is why they can get suspended. If you ask your stream to report someone falsely that can get someone a suspension. etc.

I think we agree on that.

Right now we also have the issue of a new rule and a lot of people not knowing the nuances of it. So you have people who are just reporting stuff they see and think is wrong, but not as part of a coordinated group or for ill intent.

Blizz CS is aware of it and aware of the difference between the two.

you already have people saying on this post that they don’t care who it is they’ll report every boosting advertising. How much black and white do you need? To me that’s down right disruptive and should be banned. And blizzard themselves has said from the start that boosting isn’t against ToS. Not our fault people don’t know how to read what clearly is what blizzard meant when it’s pretty clear right at the very 1st blue post

You can’t read. That’s not an insult. That was a fact. You never once read the entire discussion or you wouldn’t have tried to tell me that I said it wasn’t a penalty, when I specifically did and quoted it for you. Hilariously, you ignored that.

Own up to your mistakes for once.

And learn what insults actually are. Saying you’re trolling isn’t calling you a troll. Saying something you saidxwas dumb isn’t calling you dumb.

Calling some an LVP is a blstsnt insult and just comes across as childish.

You forgot the lower case. I am supposed to be upset by the lower case as well.
:rofl:
Really, not worth your time engaging.

2 Likes

Fair enough!

Shouldn’t even be a silence/suspension system for anything put someone on ignore and or use profanity filter end of story

We’re they going to do the boost on the player-character who was doing the advertising? If not, then it was entirely appropriate to silence them. I know I’ve reported a few supposed level 1 alts advertising that they will personally be doing the boost. That’s against the TOS now.

Which is fine. Players can report things they view as spam.

It is up to Blizzard to make it so people are not falsely squelched, or put in the means to punish players who report too much. It is not up to customers to fix that.