Absorbs to No Longer Prevent Daze (EDIT: APPARENTLY A BUG)

As long as I can remove it with movement impairing removal devices I’m fine with that. They just can’t cast over and over without a GCD like us. :wink:

If Blizzard would bother to ask, “would I as a player want to throttle whoever came up with this idea?” and respect the answer in terms of what NOT to do, this game would be so much better it’s scary.

Unfortunately, the Blizzard of today only cares about gaming their “engagement” metrics and not actually creating a quality product.

23 Likes

Sigh, i’ve been doing my best to enjoy BFA, participate in all of the content they push out, and speak optimistically about the future of BFA and WoW…and they go ahead and randomly do stuff like this :/. I don’t understand why they had to remove this.

Really hard to defend them at this point.

15 Likes

They tried that. Can’t remember if it was around Wrath or Cata, but they did attempt to remove tank’s immunity to Daze.
They reverted it pretty quickly.

Welp…another mark against retail…

7 Likes

Just another reason to never come back. Just another bad decision this expansion that they won’t listen to the community about to fix…even though they claimed they wanted to have better communication…

10 Likes

Most boneheaded change yet. Well done blizz devs. You guys are literal morons.

12 Likes

Its allready happening. Nerfs incoming to make mount equipment look better. So if you want water walking now you gotta give up all forms of not being dazed. I suspect all of this mount equipment is going to end up being a way to further restrict player movement. Watch after next expansion I wouldn’t be surprised they make us have equipment to fly.

9 Likes

So now we’ll also get dazed while running too? This nerf doesn’t just affect mount equipment, but you being dazed while unmounted too.

Brilliant.

Bonus:
Players: This is worst WoW has ever been…
Devs: So far.

Bonus2:
No one:
Devs: Let’s buff daze.

13 Likes

You’ll see plenty of this in the real world in less than a year! Lol, Blizzard, come up with your own strategy!

I can’t really see this as any more than a ploy to force you to use their terrible mount equipment by taking away existing functionality.

14 Likes

I guess Blizz finally noticed that so many non raiding toons took the azerite shield to stop dazing. I know I did. Works great…until 8.2 that is and it’s GONE.

Just a little tip in case someone from Blizz is reading this - How about adding a new feature that people would like, instead of this lousy system which is pizzing everybody off?

This abomination of a mount system is going to make your next expansion a graveyard. If that’s what you want then fine.

18 Likes

I absolutely told you this mount equipment was only a way for blizzard to further gate travel options and mechanics but noooooo we all hate the water strider and blizz is giving us “””””options””””””

14 Likes

This essentially. To think JUST yesterday I was saying to my partner, how much I love having the bubble from Azerite armour as it allows me to actually enjoy using my ground mount…this change…I don’t think I’ll be enjoying getting dazed all the crapping time, even when just walking through mobs because of this change…awful, just utter awful game design, awful repect for player and awful logic and thinking used to create an awful product.

Seriously…

7 Likes

It’s absolutely bizarre that nobody at Blizzard seems to understand that WoW is supposed to be a game first and foremost, rather than just a soulless money-making engine, and that games are supposed to be fun.

32 Likes

What? People wanted more immersion? Just use coarse leather barding you chumps, Leatherworkers need to eat too.

Please tell me how fun is quantified?

That would be because all designers that are left have now become corporate yes-men who wouldn’t dare challenge leadership when they come up with idiotic ideas like these because (and I assume this is probably accurate) “players are getting around land based content too easily, and they are complaining that Nazjatar is too boring, so we’ll have to buff daze to give them more obstacles to make content more inetersting”.

2 Likes

Fun: Having a sense of agency in what you want to do, defeating a challenging enemy or dungeon with your friends, experiencing a compelling story.

Not fun: Stopping for five seconds every now and then to smack some trivial mobs.

16 Likes

You can’t quantify it, but you can describe it. Fun is something you enjoy doing, something you would come back to do over and over again and something that is reasonably difficult and challenging but not absurdly annoying and frustrating.

Does that cover it?

11 Likes