Absent Class Tuning

ironically, blood is the worst flag carrier.

Both prots are considerably worse

2 Likes

lol unholy dk is one of the best melee in the game if not the best melee in the game.

2 Likes

that’s some copium.

Yes the only good ones are guardians and sometimes vengeance. But all tanks have low damage compare to dps as it should be, would be kinda unfair if they did the same damage as dps while being unkillable. And actually blood’s damage isn’t the worse and their niche is that they kidnap someone, I call it “get in the van” cleave, and just take someone across the map and never let them leave.

1 Like

i must be doing blood wrong then

Uh, dragging people around the map works for like one round in shuffle unless you mean something like keeping a windwalker away from your bm hunter forever then yeah that’s solid.

But just moving the priest into a corner is too easily dealt with outside of bgs.

We’re talking arenas not epic Bgs right? I’ve seen blood dks just stand in middle spreading their dots and outhealing their healer. The guy had 20 people blasting into him and he couldn’t die. He did 200 million healing at the end of the game.

BDK in epics is usually just sitting there tanking the entire team, yeah.

Like spam solo backdooring boss in Ashran gets 10+ people to defend each time.

usually you need a body of water to kidnap in bgs, but in arena you don’t have to keep your healer in los so you can just push people behind columns and force them to LoS their own healer, then you just beat them down.

Idk I’ve seen this guy called chinesedk and he usually plays with a fire mage or mm and just kidnaps people while the mage/hunter blast you from 50 yards away.

Trying to force somebody to hit you on pillar, ideally both people so all three are stacked is kind of a dream scenario, especially with a ranged ally. :dracthyr_heart:

Ye that’s what I was saying where blood decent at keeping people away from allies that are kiting it’s just the whole kidnap healer thing doesn’t work well in arena

*ashran specifically is where the biggest blood antics happen, but that is due to the road buff giving all melee double HP, if i get the AA i can run around with 10m HP and just ignore people because its too much EHP to overcome DS’s base heal.

I mean it’s the easiest in Ashran but more or less the same in other epics. Biggest contribution is gonna be sitting there getting 20 people to dump their buttons into you so your team mows them down.

nah, at a certain point you just get overwhelmed by numbers and end up on a resource spiral of doom. you know the end is coming 10-20 seconds before it happens.

It works as good as it’s supposed to, which is not that good because tanks don’t belong in arenas.

1 Like

meh, its just a heavy class, most games have this setup. armored core even has a different approach were slower more heavily armored builds are in fact more damaging because they can carry more firepower, their tradeoff is mobility.

Man I’ve never had a dk at max level, think im going to level one now!! From my experience any spec can mob at low mmr. Anyhow I hear dk is going to be nuts next expansion so here’s to that!!!

I mean with current tuning warlocks are tankier than most tanks. :dracthyr_tea:

Most comps deal with it by walking back towards their healer which is why I was saying it was more of a bg thing.

Because rating IS a measure and expression of skill. You are losing over half of your games against below-average players. If you really knew what you were doing, that would not be the case. It’s okay to not know, everyone starts somewhere. It’s also okay to just be wrong; I’m wrong all the time and I learn from that!

Dk is NOT supposed to be an unkillable juggernaut. It had that identity in BFA (and all of slands vs wizards) and it was incredibly miserable/toxic to play against. Further, this isn’t POE, not every class has multiple unique builds. There may be some slight variations, but more or less the fundamentals of the specs are the same regardless of talent choices.

Snapshotting, while neat in theory, is also INCREDIBLY frustrating and annoying to balance/play around as evidenced by the feral community for the last decade and a half. Further, dots are SUCH a small part of unholy’s damage.

In every arena setting it does. I’ve never seen a dk not top scoreboard damage, win or lose, outside of games where something literally dies in the open. The game is also more pve focused than ever, so that damage portion is EXTREMELY meaningful.

Yes, and DK is one of the best classes at pve.

Dk has better and stronger offensive CDs than most other classes, though, and can basically get tbeir damage off without repercussion assuming they exhibit even a modicum of setup.

DK is still significantly more survivable than most specs. If these things are significantly impacting you, then youre playing wrong and that’s okay.

I helped a blood dk M+ buddy who had never pvpd get his 2100 S2 for the shadowflame enchant and we played bdk+ele sham in 2v2. Finished like 36-3 or something and it was honestly pretty insane.