About the Hyjal connection announcement

Couldn’t Blizz have just been honest that the real reason they’re backtracking on the connection is because Proudmoore felt it would ruin the unique community they’ve built?

3 Likes

It was rather a strange connection to make but if they are going to use that excuse then they shouldn’t have merged trollbane/malfurion either because there was no problems there that needed fixing.

i’m happy can’t stand login ques which obviously it was going to cause. who cares why they did it it was unwanted anyway but i do feel sorry for the horde on our server and alli there cause i dealt with the same thing for 8 yrs til i just paid.

1 Like

they changed their mind about that connection?

It wasn’t just Proudmoore objections, though, plenty of people on Hyjal didn’t want the merger either. A lot of us moved from Full servers to Hyjal (a high-pop server) for a reason.

And yeah… queue times bad.

1 Like

Hyjal is high pop during peak hours. Not sure why it ever crossed Blizzard’s mind to make it a connected realm. This is a server that whole guilds transfer to regularly. No alliance here, but that’s beside the point.

1 Like

Their announcement inferred that it truly isn’t high pop. It’s definitely borderline.

1 Like

Yep, we moved to Hyjal from Silvermoon during Mists of Pandaria.

AK (the old server #1) moved to Hyjal from, I think, Cenarius. Temerity (the current #1) also moved to Hyjal, this expansion.

I moved to Hyjal at the end of Cata.

I mean, I’m on Stormrage and never had a queue to login. Is Area 52 different?

Not everything has a deeper meaning.
Sometimes they have these drawn up by someone else way in advance and don’t double check. They have the numbers, everybody else is just guessing. So backtracking is normal and fine, don’t see the problem, it’s what most wanted (they wanted it to not happen).

1 Like

I used to be on Stormrage. Let me regale you with tales of spending an hour in queue back in MoP. Or more than an hour on a couple of occasions.

I remember there being queue times in MoP, yes.

But not now or even remotely recently.

As an outsider I wouldn’t mind seeing Blizzard allowing horde only free transfers to Proudmoore. It would allow them to balance the A:H ratio better and allow horde players who want to be a part of the community that Proudmoore has created.

More than anything though I’m really curious about Blizzard’s rationalization for merging a full and high pop server. Was this to be a test for future mergers? Are they considering significant mergers to the degree that all full servers might even see a merger?

I know there are plenty of players who love being on dead servers. I don’t get it, but to each their own. That said, I wouldn’t mind seeing significant mergers leaving us with 10-15 servers total. Maybe then they could start putting an end to cross-server stuff and allow server communities to be a thing again

1 Like

I feel bad for the 10-20 alliance players left on Hyjal. They had a real shot at joining a bigger community. And I was looking forward to faction changing my horde Druid on Hyjal.

4 Likes

What I want to know is if they’re going to offer a server transfer to people who just boosted a character on Hyjal because of the news. Now the whole point of that is lost. I wanted to be on a balanced realm for once.

1 Like

I think everyone tries to make a bigger deal about the “unique community” on Proudmoore than what really exists. I’ve been on Proudmoore since 2009. I transferred to the server to be on the west coast time zone. Is there an LGBT presence? Indeed, but I don’t think it’s the majority. I was a bit surprised by some of what was said in trade chat at first, but from my experience most people keep their private lives out of the game.

I’m sure they want to be respectful but couldn’t it be that if they are actually interested in triage that they decided leap frogging another realm in more urgent need was a bad idea?

While I admit that there were prominent voices showing they didnt want that. In reality its weird for two high pop servers to merge, even if its for faction balance. Think of the queue times. Hell i would love for more horde on PM, but it would be a mess of logistics at the end of the day

You got an inside man who’s telling you what the real reason behind it was?