Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

10/11/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Drakuloth
Hey everybody - we're still on this. We've gotten some reports that toggling War Mode may work around the issue for some by causing people to re-shard. This will of course not work for everyone at all times, but it's something you can try while experiencing the issue. Let us know if it helps you.

Please keep in mind that we do not consider this a long term fix, as we understand that some people will rather play in War Mode or in non War Mode. You can try simply toggling to the opposite mode (non WM -> WM or vice versa) or toggling to the opposite mode, then back. I have no confirmation that toggling back and forth will change anything, but for those who do not prefer one mode, this is something you can try.

Turning warmode on and off does not work, I have already done this many times. :/ There is less lag on Frostmourne with warmode on because most people prefer it off but it's still not perfect at peak times.
Yeah, still doesn't work for me. The issue (which came as soon as this sharding tech was introduced) has completely killed my motivation to play this expac. If it's fixed, I may resub. I'll be checking back here for updates. Thx.
10/04/2018 07:54 PMPosted by Drakuloth
As of this point, we don't need any more information, but you're welcome to continue reporting the presence of the issue, what you were doing/where, and what time it was (server time) when it happened.

So, that means you know whats wrong and have a plan to fix it? or you've given up :(
1600+ posts in this thread alone with no resolution. And judging from the blue posts wording they're going to say its an 'isolated issue' next.
It's October and this is still going on.

I don't know what you guys plan to do, or are doing about it, but it's completely and totally unacceptable that this is still going on.
Good to read that Ion is happy with War Mode. Reading this really disappoints me because it would seem the he has no idea of the troubles it is currently causing the Oceanic region. This would mean that the issue hasn't been escalated to his level or he just doesn't care :(.

War Mode is a great concept but as it stands now open world zones are virtually unplayable in our peak times. I went to kill some gorillas in Zuldazar for skins last night had to give up after 10 minutes because of the lag trying to loot the corpses and then skin. Had 28/28ms home/world latency war mode was off.
I cannot believe this is still happening.....

You should all be sacked.
10/11/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Drakuloth
You can try simply toggling to the opposite mode (non WM -> WM or vice versa) or toggling to the opposite mode, then back

So let me see if I understand this:

We are in our normal non-WM state, we get lag.
We then hearth back to base, take the portal to our city, turn on WM, then turn it off, then go back.

And we do this every time we have lag.

Are you kidding me?
10/13/2018 02:14 AMPosted by Powpower
Are you kidding me?

No. This is Blizzard in 2018.
Welcome to EA 2.0. Where ignoring the customer and taking 6 months to fix the game is considered the norm. Perhaps they are too busy trying to fix\reinvent the artifact system to fix issues?
I've noticed when I'm in a non Warmode shard with players from all other Oceanic realms is where the lag happens. If I'm on a shard that consists of people from my realm only i have no lag.

It's pretty clear that forced CRZ / Sharding is the issue here, it's very worrying that this is on from the start of expansion. Meaning servers don't have enough players to populate their own zones and thus the need for this !@#$ty system. How about remove this crap, connect more realms together and be done with it all ready.

Time to call it quits from WoW, i think everyone needs to do the same. Blizzard doesn't care about this issue at all, and could've been fixed by now by turning this crz shards off. Seems to me that this company only cares about their shareholders and how much time gating (MAUs) they can force on everyone.
There was server latency lag during a Warfront as well last night. Grief.
Thanks for the update on War Mode.

I mean it was mentioned 6 weeks ago, but thanks.

Useless.
Unfortunately this issue is STILL ongoing ;(

I have unsubbed for now and will keep checking in on the forums for hope.
having same issue and it makes me crazy whenever i join in random dungeons. I always connect with US located server players and my ms goes up to 1000ms. literally unplayable and even my ms are lower like 40ms still laggy hard
just went up to 5000ms in old nagrand,ha .crazy.
10/16/2018 06:38 AMPosted by Erased
just went up to 5000ms in old nagrand,ha .crazy.
Different issue...please dont cloud this issue with your internet problems.

This is clearly a major tech issue with the whole expansion that Blizzard will never own up to and probably will not fix. We will just have to suck it up and play a non fluid game.
Blizzard is not the Blizzard of old.
Well i have put up with it for months and after another maintenance event last night I'm over it !!10 seconds to pick a herb?? every arvo? I will post that here as well,it's not clouding the issue.So mayby if we said we are all expat yanks they might look into it?
I have complained numerous times about this and will keep doing so.

So take a hike hoot!
10/16/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Erased
Well i have put up with it for months and after another maintenance event last night I'm over it !!10 seconds to pick a herb?? every arvo? I will post that here as well,it's not clouding the issue.So mayby if we said we are all expat yanks they might look into it?
I have complained numerous times about this and will keep doing so.

So take a hike hoot!

The reason hoot is saying that is because the issue this thread is reporting is that we have what seems like 600+ MS but we do not have high MS its actually showing around 20-40MS.

If you are seeing 1000MS+ that's no the same issue that we are talking about.
Massive lag on Khaz Alliance right now (again). Feels like 5+ when a mob dies or you try to loot. 20/20ms warmode off. Getting pretty tired of coming in here more than two? months into the xpac.