Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

Just posting to remind that this multi year issue is still ongoing. Thank you.

1 Like

Every time the world boss is pulled the entire zone becomes unstable with 10s of people complaining about the lag in chat. This is true of both Maldraxxas which is presently cursed with a WB and the Maw/Korthia whenever the WB gets pulled.

1 Like

Particularly bad today. Even worse than the normal rubbish we have to put up with. Not even peak hour yet. Latency is perfectly normal at 60ms for me but loot lag is 10 seconds plus.
Yet Blizzard continues to show its contempt for us by completely ignoring the issue.

1 Like

Another day, another lag - another ignore. Zzz.

1 Like

And today, at 10.00am server time, Korthia is lagging badly. Latency, as usual, is fine but I am surrounded by players not from my server cluster. Some not even from Oceanic.

2 Likes

Another day, another lag fest. Latency is fine. Just a disgrace. I

1 Like

Just reminding you; still a thing.

9am on a monday (so cant even blame peak hour)
Caelestrasz, nagrand, saurfang.
Korthia.

Summed up perfectly in Korthia general chat today by somebody… “I see they downgraded the server from Zinger Box to Happy Meal”. Frankly that was being generous.

Looking forward to this thread getting the “It’s over nine thousand!” achieve for posts before the next blue response…

Well now we know that the contempt and arrogance shown for so long is not just aimed at players/customers but their employees too!

and here we are since the launch of BFA to today where every single day without fail there is zone lag, loot lag etc but no actual MS increase. This issue is just poor, and absolutely disgraceful in this day and age. Wonder if anyone has thought of reporting them to the ACCC? Not sure much can be done but surely providing a sub par product for years on end constitutes some breach of Australian consumer laws

1 Like

I haven’t been here in a while. But here I am, after some seriously gross Korthia lag… Feeling like I should check in and be all, yep. Gross lag is gross. Thanks for absolutely no recognition at all Blizzard, it’s super appreciated!

you must not be watching this thread too closely, given its August 2021 and all players on OCE realms still experience consistent zone, loot and spell lag despite having perfect ping. Only happens in open world zones - tends to happen the most in ardenweald and maldraxxas, usually doesnt happen at all in Bastion (probably cause no one is there anyway). This is pretty poor form, you guys just dont care and we all know its a blizzard server issue you just dont want to spend the money to fix

From Frostmourne:

I have never noticed so many Horde ever in my out of BG questing with WM off. Suddenly over the last week every zone is packed with Horde and zone lag is real.

I think they have made a change and scaled down their shard usage in OCE, the World MS is low, The Home MS is low but the playable lag is dreadful. I’d seriously look into the amount of players per shard as i think they have pulled Shard resource from our region due to declining player numbers.

We are now celebrating a 3-year old thread that hasn’t had a blue response since (I believe) post # 1,981 back in April 2019. Unplayable once again in Korthia today (Cael/Nagrand). Home / world latency both at 39ms.

There are frequent comments in general chat about it. Some form of response (even if it’s - optimistically at this stage - to expect a fix in release 10.0) would be appreciated… and may help hold on to some of the player base. In the meantime, this just isn’t fun. :frowning:

Good thing you don’t really need to do mechanics as a tank on the world boss because ho boy would that have been impossible. Throw enough bodies at it and it will die eventually even if you can’t avoid anything or really throw down any damage either. Gross lag is gross.

In frustration I tried creating a ticket over it, and was pleasantly surprised to get a response. For what it’s worth…

I’m sorry to heara bout that trouble with lag in specific zones on occassion. Hopefully I can help out a bit here! We’ll start with some things I see in the current information you got us, but it may take a few attempts to hone in on the exact cause, but everything we test does get us one step closer so don’t lose hope.

Mkay…

I’m afraid for that forum thread you mentioned, the specific zones affected there have long been fixed, and there is no current overarching lag issue for a specific region. The forum thread is left open however because the root issue isn’t one that can be fixed permanently to not occur again, and we rely on reports in that thread (or new ones) to find any specific zones running into that lag without latency issue so the zones can be investigated and fixed by the devs as the lag issue happens. You can find our most current response on these issues here: Ability/Loot Lag on North American Servers Despite Normal Latency - #725 by Drakuloth - As mentioned there, when this happens in a specific zone, the best thing to do is report the specific zone the lag without latency is happening in, the time of day as this is the quickest way to get that looked into and hopefully fixed!

Sooo… perhaps I’m being harsh, but for a 3+ year old ongoing issue I think fairly… I read that as ‘The zones mentioned in the forum post are fixed because no-one goes there anymore’. “the root issue isn’t one that can be fixed permanently to not occur again” because the servers will continue to get overloaded as players move to current content. And of course, ‘Check out our North-American forum topic on the same issue to report the lag you’re experiencing today’.

In the meantime, I"ve gotten the report on the Maw looked into here, and sent up the information to the devs to hopefully get that zone fixed again, though usually this does fix itself with weekly restarts and may already be fixed since the servers just went through the restart process for the week.

I mentioned Korthia, The Maw, and any zone with a world boss in it. It seems they only picked up on The Maw :frowning:

If you do see this in the future, after reporting the issue on bug reports with the above information, usually you can temporarily work around the problem by toggling warmode on or off, as this can move you to a different instance that isn’t having the lag issue.
I hope this helps clear everything up a bit on why there haven’t been a lot of updates on that forum thread you mentioned, and helps you avoid this issue in the future as best as possible when it crops back up!

So, back to bug reports it seems!

2 Likes

I love this suggestion from them because it didn’t get fixed, we just don’t go there en masse anymore and apparently that lil fact hasn’t occurred to 'em at all. Joy!

I appreciate that people like you are still working to get this fixed though. More resilient than me!

1 Like

Pleased to say the problem finally got solved for me. I stopped playing.

I’m pleased to report that this issue seems to have disappeared in recent months! Unsure if it’s actually been fixed or the smaller number of players online is the root cause, but if the former…thanks for finally getting around to it team! O.o Would love to learn more about what’s changed to solve the 3+ year old issue.