Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

This disgraceful (Yes, Blizzard DISGRACEFUL) situation continues. However for me, the very bad lag was in EVERY zone. Perfectly normal latency but basically unplayable lag in all zones.
I continue to be surrounded by people not from my server cluster. Why? Why do we have to put up with this situation that is entirely down to Blizzard? Their response? Nothing, nada, zilch.

1 Like

Just checking in to see if thereā€™s any update, apology or eta for this being fixed or servers getting upgraded to handle capacity.
ā€¦There is not.
Iā€™m told itā€™s less of a problem on Warmode, but Iā€™m not going WM on my horde dominated server group.
Kind Regards

Any chance could we get an update on this as its still an issue. The fact that its pretty much unplayable. we should have an option to que only on NA servers in lieu longer que time.

just finished a dungeon that the server was OCE. fact the blink is an instant spell and it takes 1-2 seconds for it to actually trigger is unacceptable.

In our Guild Castle Nathria raid on Friday night lag was bad for everyone. Latency showing as perfectly normal.
Today in Revendreth trying to do the calling quest the lag was truly awful. Trying to survive against or even get a tag on elite mobs on my lesser geared Mage was singularly unpleasant. Again, latency was perfectly normal.
We still continue to be ignored and treated with contempt.

Still happening in Revendreth

Whilst I understand people giving up on this topic, even though the issue still occurs with embarrassing (probably wrong word, Blizzard clearly donā€™t care enough to be embarrassed) regularity, I felt that this week needed special mention.
Not only is the world boss in Revendreth so the guaranteed lag fest occurs but for three days running the calling quests are in Revendreth also!
What a terrible experience. Latency showing normal levels as usual but 3 second loot lag and awful combat lag.

2 Likes

The lag is redic today on Caelestraz!

Why do you forsake us?

1 Like

Back to our old favourite Revendreth. Of course the world boss is there this week.

Latency showing as normal but had to give up trying to do world quests. Spell/loot lag 10 seconds +.

1 Like

Weeee. Post 2209 of blizzard giving zero (naughty word here)

1 Like

The lack of acknowledgement for so long - for a problem that affects so many so regularly - is pretty appalling. It spans multiple expansions now, and has only gotten worse due to the shortsightedness of piling up world bosses along with callings. For the love of Thrall, an update please Blizz?

1 Like

Surprised nobody has shown up here for the Korthia lag but maybe everybody else has given up as well. Fair, Iā€™d say.

Disappointing to see that we just have to deal with awful world latency every new patch because OcEaNiC.

2 Likes

Korthia is experiencing a lot of server side lag. Latency shows as normal, but looting takes 3-5 seconds. I experienced the server skipping abilities because the server was so lagged.

This has occurred in any busy zone across two expansions now. Please rectify.

4 Likes

The lag, particularly in Korthia, is just a disgrace. Latency is perfectly normal but loot lag is 3 to 5 seconds. Surrounded by players not from my server cluster but that would not contribute to the lag, would it!

2 Likes

Yeah everyoneā€™s just given up saying anything. After three years of no action its hard to hold on to hope. General chat in korthia during heavy oceanic lag is just resigned, with older players telling the newer ones ā€œthats just how it isā€.

2 Likes

In my mind, a company couldnā€™t honestly in good faith just keep ignoring an known an ongoing issue like this but hey. Here we are, years later. Super feeling the love from Blizzard.

2 Likes

New expansion, new patch, four year problem.
And with how we went from ā€œwe suspect we know the problemā€ to complete radio silence suggests either gross negligence or willful infliction at this point.

Glad there is finally going to be competition down here soon. And with the lack of service displayed by bliz on this insult, its not going to be much of a contest for me.

Iā€™m not just disappointed. I am infuriated.

4 Likes

your so right, Blizzard have shown they do not care at all about oceanic players. No recent responses on the oceanic forums to the numerous complaints over this. Even though they admitted there was a problem and seem to have just given up on us.

video about this issue

3 Likes

Before the lag was awful, but consistent - and playable.

Right now I have watched Popo not move for the last two minutes. I canā€™t cast anything. Iā€™m watching OTHER people en masse run on the spot. This is actually unplayable and thatā€™s not even hyperbole. The hell.

2 Likes

Blizzard no doubt hoping this thread will fade away, like it has in the past. However, as much as they would like to, they cannot mitigate the contempt they have shown to their players/customersā€¦

1 Like

Just posting to remind that this multi year issue is still ongoing. Thank you.

1 Like