A solution for M+ quitters

I hate to break it to you, but your kind are a minority in a sea of many people who rely on pugging. If everyone had a group of reliable people to play content with - and they held a majority - there would be no need for a group finder (which was an add on jacked from a DK named TinyTim, or something like that, back in MoP.) There would be no need for merging realms, cross realm zones, etc.

So you, and your friends, being effected is a small ripple in a large lake. I would say ocean, but the ship is sinking at an alarming rate based on my own observation(s).

1 Like

The game has no way to judge the intentions of every player that leaves a M+ early. Punishing them all would just be silly.

1 Like

Things like group finder exist because of a very small group of people who are so unpleasant, or incapable, that nobody will play with them. As Blizzard has catered more and more to the unpleasant, and the incapable, more players have been roped into those systems, and thereby have no idea how to work with others.

However, I refuse to believe that the majority of WoW’s playerbase is either unpleasant or incapable. People are perfectly able to be pleasant, and to play the game. The problem is that Blizzard has made it increasingly so that neither is worthwhile. Not when people can cry to Blizzard instead.

This thread, and others of its ilk, all boil down to one simple premise:

Blizzard, you need to FORCE people to play with me.

Which is just sad.

instead of punishing those who leave, how about more incentive to finish the dungeon?

1. Titan residuum for those who complete the dungeon regardless how long it took.

2. Gear repair scroll that can be used while being in a dungeon and repairs gears instant also free of gold.

3. weekly cache bonus ticket. Collect 50 of those = 1 more weekly cache box

1 Like

They made group finder because of the popularity of the addons in MoP that did what group finder did. They were popular because it made pugging flex raids easier, not because everyone that used it was “unpleasant” or “incapable”

1 Like

This is an opinion, a valid one, but an opinion non-the-less. I honestly don’t think I’d be able to experience any of the content in this game if it weren’t for a form of group finder. I don’t have time to commit to a raid schedule and I’m an introvert on top of it, so I really don’t care to be much of a socialite within this game outside of my immediate family/few friends. (All of whom have quit …)

I feel your analogy of the creation of group finder to cater to the mentioned category of people is a bit extreme. I’m quite certain there are a great many players who are in the same boat as me, while (as I mentioned in my original response) those who have an active set of people to run content with are the actual minority.

At the end of the day though … it’s pure speculation on both of our parts, as we don’t have the raw data in front of us to have an accurate idea of who is right and who is wrong.

I base my opinion off of the fact (literally) everyone who I’ve played with has quit. I’ve seen a great many threads on here indicating the same dilemma.

While I don’t necessarily see where you’re coming from, I respect your opinion.

In a nutshell … it’s great you have others to play with, but it doesn’t necessarily mean everyone else does too.

1 Like

You aren’t really making a good argument here, people need to be punished for leaving M+, its as simple as that.

By the way, do you think it might have something to do with Raid IO?
If they fail to finish in time, it means failure and lows their Raid IO score? So when people think they cannot finish in time, rather than lowering their Raid IO score, they choose to leave?
If this is so, then Raid IO should reflect those numbers, too. so that even when they cannot beat the clock, people will be more likely to stay for the cache box at the end of the run.

Nope. IO just counts your very best run. It’ll show recent runs too, but no one cares.

Play with your friends and not random people if you don’t want this to happen pretty much.

And your other characters? Are they in guilds that don’t do mythic+ with random group members?

So…recruit new friends who are at your exact level and have the exact same ambitions as you?

How much like “friendship” is that?

In game friends. Maybe people in your guild perhaps. As someone who has no friends in this game really I can see how it could be hard to make new friends. Maybe talk to random people and they might become your friend.

Yes, exactly as I said. You recruit a new team of “friends” who are at your same level and have the same ambitions in m+, rather than people you used to hang out with because you liked the same things and had things in common in life.

You have no in-game friends? Maybe you should follow your own advice.

I have in-game friends. But what you are describing is not really much different from telling people to abandon their current friends and recruiting a work crew to run these with.

And get serious. If you’re not in the A team with your guild, they’re not going to run anything with you. Your presence would just be holding them back.

Oh, were you trying to say that I don’t have friends? I pity you if you need to make up lies about strangers to make yourself feel more important.

If you already have friends it really isn’t hard to get 120 and to do mythic+ dungeons. If the timer runs out and you are with friends it really doesn’t matter cause you can finish the run no problem.

As for myself if people approach me to be their friend sure I would be their friend but I don’t really go out of the way to look for friends because I am pretty casual in this game maybe play a few hours per week.

The only issue aside from people leaving for emergancys I can think of for this “solution” is that somtimes the key just isnt possible with that group. Yeah situations you were in suck. But while gear alts and such ive been in to many groups because the group put together just isn’t working. From healers that just dont do enough healing or everybody in there is is just to vastly undergeared for the key level without mechanical to even things out somtimes bouncing from the key is the only option. Ive stuck around in some keys for longer than an hour before just because I personally liked the people but I aint doing that for everybody and I shouldnt have my key deleted because the key isnt possible or will just take an absurd amount of time

How about we include some mounts, pets, transmorgs as the possible loot from the mythic+ chest at the end of each run?

Any sort of reward in the end of dungeon chest would help. AP is the main thing that should be in there though. Forcing mythic raiders to grind islands for AP when they’d rather be doing M+ is the worst thing about this expansion.

Most of my characters are in either of those two guilds but I have two characters in deadish guilds and no one does anything other IE and world content that I can see. Not sure why you automatically thought it was one or the other tbh.

No, people need to stop inviting strangers and expecting blizzard to force said strangers to play how they want them to play. If you are a group leader and someone leaves then it’s your fault for picking them. It’s as simple as that.

1 Like

You’re going off the basis as if servers weren’t connected anymore, they are. Not to mention, to get these people or to make friends you have to “pug” to even meet them. You’re telling me you’re entire circle of M+ “friends” are from real life? That you just roll with people you know in real life and do M+?

Again, your argument falls flat. If people aren’t punished, they will keep up with these toxic attitudes, and its worse because leaving an M+ isn’t recorded in raider io so you have no idea how many groups that dbag with a high score left. Coincidentally, most high rating raider io individuals are actually most likely to leave a group.