A solution for M+ quitters

You can grab people from multiple places: your raid team, someone you had a good run with, guildies, or even communities that are centered around M+. The more people you add to your friends list that you know are playing on your level (bnet) the less strangers you have to invite. No real life friends needed.

If you want to sit there and stew after each messed up run saying “blizz, strike them with all of your might! Make them pay!” instead of doing something to fix it for yourself then thats your problem.

Your apparent inability to find solutions is what falls flat, not my suggestions.

I do wish there was a way to punish players who do leave in the middle of dungeons ((regardless of the reason, kind of like how they punish players in OW Comp matches if they leave matches too many times)), but I don’t think making it public is really the right way to go here. Blizzard shouldn’t really go out and point out to players to the public and shun them for leaving in the middle of the dungeon like that, but I do believe there should be some kind of penalty system in place to prevent players leaving too early in the middle of a Mythic +.

I think they needs to be at least a deserter feature where it locks you out of doing anymore Mythic + for X amount of time. Now I say the system needs to be a scaling system and it starts out like a 5mins first, Then goes higher if the system catches it more and more. So like:

First time - 5mins
Second Time - 30 mins
Third Time - 1hr
Forth Time - You are locked out of doing any Mythic + for a week
Fifth Time - You are locked out for Mythic + for the Season

I know the firth time could be a bit extreme but at least it gives some players for room of the penalty because coming back from a DC doesn’t really effect it much unless they don’t come back.

It seems really hard for you to grasp the concept that ALL of those people started out as pugs with the exception of guildies. Like I had mentioned earlier, this wouldn’t be a problem if servers weren’t merged, now there is a ton of anonymity and you can’t blacklist people like you could back in the day so you NEED blizzard to step in and do something about it.

Clearly from your defense of this particular subject, you’re one of those degenerates that leaves M+ b/c you think your time is more valuable than the other four people there.

It seems really hard for you to grasp that I know that. There’s always going to be pugs and pug groups, but that doesn’t mean blizz should manage them in any way. They’re player made groups.

I had a tank ditch us in the middle of like an 8 motherlode a few months ago. I didn’t come to the forums begging for blizz to do something about it. I got back in with my old guild so that hopefully I don’t have to deal with that again. I don’t run keys unless we have guildies ready to do it these days. If I didn’t have the guild I would probably run them less often or find a M+ community.

Because it wasn’t a problem a few months ago. If you don’t pug, then you really have no basis to be posting here. It is a clear issue, and just b/c you strictly do it with friends doesn’t mean it isn’t a problem for those who don’t M+ particular days when guildies or friends are online.

Most bologna reply you could have given. People have been complaining about M+ leavers since legion. I’ve pugged plenty. You just don’t like the facts and I’m sorry, but make groups or find people you know won’t leave.

Doing M+ wasn’t as important as it is in BfA. It isn’t a bologna reply at all. Just because it strips apart your argument doesn’t mean its wrong. Its the same as giving them a debuff for leaving a random dungeon or random bg for casuals. This wouldn’t be much of an issue if M+ had gear that in some cases are better than what you can find in raids.

All you are going to do OP is encourage them to do everything possible to get vote kicked out of the group instead of taking that penalty. They will just make the rest of the instance as nasty as possible and god help you if that person is the tank or healer. They can just refuse to move forward and leave you stuck sitting there.

It doesn’t strip apart anything I have said. Its just skirting around the points, and doing M+ was just as good for gear in legion outside of set bonuses and even more important if you wanted your +15 achievement.

Random dungeon groups are nothing like player made groups for M0 and up. Random groups have random people which blizz grouped you with, so there is a vote kick option as well as a deserter debuff so that tanks and healers can’t abuse random groups. That’s blizz’s responsibility since they lumped you with them. With player made groups the leader is in control of the run and responsible for everything. Nice try though.

You can’t control how someone reacts to not making time or thinking their time is more valuable than the four other people in the group, why is this so hard for you to understand? The punishment needs to be there, otherwise make it so M+ isn’t on par with raiding. Stop forcing us to run garbage content that is M+.

Lol that’s more than a bit extreme.

Do you also advocate for punishing people who sign up for content they have no business doing, ruining runs for others?

No? Only for the people who leave failing groups? That’s a bit one sided.

How about a scaling punishment every time someone doesn’t know the path, or pulls extra groups? What about punishung the player who doesn’t do a single interrupt, causing the group to wipe?

2 Likes

I dunno what to tell you. As far the rules, blizz, and the game is concerned the group leader essentially owns the run. They decide who is there and who isn’t and what happens on the run, so it’s on them if it goes sideways. There isn’t anything else to try and pick apart. You can sit there and argue all day, but in the end if you don’t want people messing with your time in game then stick to only things you can solo.

I understand that you’re frustrated or whatever, but it’s time to be a big kid and realize that this is how life works sometimes. We get stuck with noisy people at the movie theater, screaming children may ruin your dinner when you go out, etc.

1 Like

And I get up and say something about it, this isn’t an argument because its one you’ve already lost. I am just trying to understand why you’re so dense that you don’t understand why you honestly believe punishment shouldn’t be doled out for those who are essentially griefing a group because they think their time is more valuable. The only reason I can think of is because you are a part of the problem and do it yourself. Otherwise why would you even continue this charade.

So how long do you want to hold people hostage in your failed pugs before they can leave?

1 Like

After the timer? This isn’t a hard solution. Most of these leavers leave after the first wipe.

So 25 min in to Kings Rest and we haven’t killed the first boss yet. I can’t leave without getting punished in your ideal system?

Yep, you chose to join someone elses key, pretty sure you expect the same consideration on your key, thats assuming the person with the key doesnt leave first lol.

What would stop me from getting a group together, starting my key and afk’ing to hold everyone hostage for 40 min?

A 4-man report would fix that pretty quick. Aside from your ridiculous hypotheticals, thats a classic case of griefing, so its easily reportable. Got anymore?

Mythic+ leavers should have account banned for a week