A Simple "Thank You"

My guild has formed a community over 5 or 6 servers of players due to good relations with pugs we enjoyed running with.

We’ve put a raid together as the result.

be the changes you want to happen

3 Likes

Yup. Also be honest of the runs intent. If you just want to get a key done without worrying of the timer, for example, don;t expect your pug to hang around if he’s thinking a speedrun.

1 Like

Doot de doot doot doot.

You heard it first here folks. End game of WoW is similar in enjoyment to going to the DMV

2 Likes

As a Pugger I really dont care whether I get thanked for not. I am just happy there’s groups out there that are competent enough to finish/almost finish the content. The biggest problems with most PUGs is you either wipe on the the earlier bosses which causes massive turnover or you wipe on the bosses that normal kill said PUGs. With a guild group you get multiple attempts without running into that.

Now that is a classy pale void elf. GG.

I try to thank the folks who pug with me. Thought by the time I finish typing I’m thanking myself. I always let myself know that the tanks was appreciated.

2 Likes

I try to thank people in LFD too. Since some people bail so quickly I aim for when the last boss is at about 10% health. Sometimes it’s a general thanks, sometimes it’s thanking for awesome heals or dps or tank pulling. Some runs are rough but I like when we get through it all and check it off the list. :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Me when I’m pondering purple…

Whenever I get into a dungeon group, whether through the queue or via the LFD tool, I always start off before the run starts with a “howdy”, and that usually generates at least a couple of similar replies. Usually that sets a friendly tone for the run and most times I don’t experience anyone being a jerk during the run.

And at the end of the run, I always do a “thanks for the run” or “tyvm”. Also, I sometimes do a whisper to the tank and/or healer if they did a particularly notable job, such as having to deal with an annoying member of the group or some difficult fight that looked like all hope was lost but they pulled it out for us and avoided a wipe.

The only exceptions to the “howdy” and “thanks” behavior tends to be during events like Love is in the Air, which is over so quickly, hardly that challenging, and mostly full of people who, like me, are there to bang out as many runs across as many alts as possible.

/moo :cow:

1 Like

The pug community is a wonderful community and I love them I make sure to encourage my raiders and make sure they are never afraid to ask me any sort of question.

1 Like

Ok this is going to let everyone known my age and how long I’ve been playing WOW but back in the day when you had try and get 60 people togrether to do a raid you had spam chat to try and fill your group , and a simple thank you would go a long way and a lot of the time get a request to join a future run. But as time has passed and group size has dropped 60 …40…30…20…15…10 it seem that people have stop being polite and or don’t see the need of it anymore. But I’ve always found that in life and in game that a simple Hi , Thank you , and even a bow to the Horde player that just helped you kill that elite for your quest has it rewards.

3 Likes

Sportsmanship is a lost art. Props to those of you who try to be good teammates. Whether you know it or not, you’re setting an example for someone.

2 Likes

Raids were never 60 people.

I say thank you to myself usually since by the time I take a moment to type it the group has completely disbanded.

3 Likes

Last time I said hello in a PUG group, I was kicked. No comment. Nothing. Just boom and out of the group. I try not to say anything in a group. If there is a ready check, I’ll click the button.

Sorry for my mistake I was think of lvl 60’s in Vanilla but hey that was 15 years ago the gray matter is not as good as it once was

No problem pal. Jesus loves you

1 Like

I try to do that as well. It gets awkward when we wipe at 5% though…

5 Likes

I always thank the group and blow a kiss as I disappear into the twisting nether. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like your style. Sometimes I imagine that people purposefully leave quickly so they don’t have to be roped into reading a “thank you” message. I’m gonna start doing that now too.

2 Likes

I typically don’t pug but I play as feral and nobody wants feral. Of course that’s mostly mythic+ where your not given a chance. Random queuing thankfully that doesn’t happen. When I random que I typically out gear most people I end up with. I don’t think I’m better then anyone cause of this and I certainly don’t want anyone getting that impression of me. I’m patient and I don’t like leaving early so I will always finish a dungeon no matter the wipes. Unless I need to leave the house by a certain point.