[A-RP] <The Silver Vanguard> High Elf Roleplay Guild

Overview:

The Silver Vanguard is a new Thalassian-themed roleplay Guild on Moon Guard seeking to promote and embrace the community of High Elven roleplay that thrives among dedicated fans of Warcraft. Our goal is to create a Silver Covenant Guild where all men and women who answer the call of the Thalassian people can feel welcome in a friendly and upbeat environment.

The Silver Covenant was founded by the Ranger-General Vereesa Windrunner to oppose the hand of the Horde working its way into the heart of Dalaran, and to deter the treachery of our Sin’dorei cousins. Years later, the Silver Covenant has become one of the most active forces of the Alliance. From Northrend to Pandaria to the Broken Isles, the Quel’dorei people have fought to prove that not only are we a proud member of the Alliance, but a powerful one as well. We of the Covenant’s Vanguard stand at the forefront of our activities, constantly pushing for greater strength and influence for the Thalassians of the Alliance.

Our guild’s premise is to preserve and expand the strength of the Quel’dorei, range beyond our homeland, conduct diplomacy, push the boundaries of magic and bring ever greater prosperity to our people until Quel’thalas stands as an Alliance member once more. Will you join us in this cause?

Divisions:

Four divisions make up the Silver Vanguard.

Military. The heart of the Silver Covenant. The Silver Covenant is the closest thing to an official standing army the Quel’dorei have to protect them, and as such hold a prominent position among their peers. Modeled after the Ranger-Army of Quel’thalas, the Silver Covenant’s military is reduced in scale to operate in small, mobile units. Rangers, Warriors, Spellbreakers and Armore fighters may all feel at home here.

Magisters. The other half of the Silver Covenant’s main body of forces. Silver Covenant Magisters are some of the best trained Magi on Azeroth, with years of training from Silvermoon and Dalaran. Sorcerers and scholars of all marks may find a place among the Magisters. Mages, Warlocks, Shadowcasters and spellcasters of all stripes.

Medical. A dedicated company of healers, physicians and researchers supports the Silver Covenant in all things that they do. Be they faithful followers of the light, trained physicians or esoteric wielders of shadow mending, the Medical division of the Silver Vanguard accepts all who consider it their charge to uphold the wellbeing of their fellow Elves and their allies.

Administration. A broad division covering the numerous legal and logistical aspects of the Silver Covenant. Everyone from cooks and blacksmiths to diplomats and lawmakers may find a welcome role among the Silver Vanguard.

Who are we looking for?

We are looking for any and all players who wish to be a part of a Quel’thalas themed community on the Alliance side of the faction divide. We’re recruiting all High Elves, Void Elves, even Blood Elves to join the cause against the Horde’s puppet regime.

Do we accept other Alliance races?

Actually, yes. We would be willing to invite anyone who was dedicated to seeing the Silver Covenant thrive, or if they find common ground with us and our people. There may be some requirements to non-Elven characters joining. We are however, at the beginning and end of the day a Silver Covenant guild. People joining should know our theme and plan accordingly for their characters.

You can contact any of our members in game for more information! We hope we’ll be seeing you soon!

Guild Leader: FĂ«anor Quel’dorah (Highvalor in-game)
Officer: Selion Durore’shala (Halcyons or Cataphract in-game)
Officer: Lanariel Summerwind (Lanariell in-game)

13 Likes

Just going to bump this page and say hello :smiley: Kyovan here.

5 Likes

Greetings everyone. Thanks for reading our post here and I hope that you guys will be able to join us. Though it isn’t the first guild to go with the goals we have, we are hoping to leave a mark and to give Elves a home. If you have any questions like Feanor said, please whisper either myself or Feanor in the game. Thanks!

4 Likes

I see that your guild leader is
 a Sunreaver?

Sounds about right. It was about to happen sooner or later.

Cheers, and lets role-play sometime!

4 Likes

Best of luck! Half-Elf is where it’s at though! dabs

3 Likes

Ah, but being half-elf just makes humans better. dabs

3 Likes

There is a starstrider in the mix of this as well. waves hi as he is a starstrider.

2 Likes

Good bunch joined on my High Elf. 10/10!!

2 Likes

I mean that isn’t wrong
 Dab

3 Likes

Nice to finally see a Silver Covenant guild.

Quel’Thalas themed community? The Silver Covenant is part of Dalaran.

2 Likes

Indeed we are headquartered out of Dalaran, but the Silver Covenant serves the Alliance worldwide. And no matter where we go, we High Elves still see ourselves as the true guardians and defenders of Quel’Thalas, as stated by our Ranger-General:

Vereesa Windrunner says: Quel’Thalas is as much my home as it is yours and I would not see it fall to our ancient enemy.

3 Likes

Hrmn
 well, I can see them wanting to defend their homeland when and where able, but seeing themselves as the, ‘true guardians and defenders of Quel’Thalas,’ feels like a bit of a stretch.

Dalaran has had a sizable population of High Elves in it since it was founded. Assuming the Silver Covenant recruited from Dalaran’s population, you’re talking about elves who have homes, families, and businesses in Dalaran. I find it hard to believe those elves have all that much interest in Quel’Thalas, but then again, that’s just been my view on things.

Either way, nice to see a Silver Covenant guild at last.

3 Likes

You might be surprised, my friend. After all, during the Purge of Dalaran, the Silver Covenant was quite eager to exact poetic justice upon the very same Blood Elves who ten years previously had forced the High Elf citizens of Quel’Thalas into exile from Silvermoon. Now they reap what they sow. There is definitely no shortage of hard feelings over the issue of our homeland.

And thank you! I hope we might be able to interest you in some roleplay!

3 Likes

True. Mind you, the Silver Covenant’s original purpose was to oppose Blood Elves coming to Dalaran. There were still concerns over the mana draining techniques and the threat that would pose the people of Dalaran. Considering Vereesa’s twins were kidnapped by her own Blood Elf cousin who wanted to drain their mana because he thought Half-Elves would be a good source for it
 not entirely an unreasonable position to take.

Seems that the Silver Covenant’s purpose was protecting their new home in Dalaran, then aiding the Alliance. They answered the call to protect Quel’Thalas when Halduron asked, but since then haven’t had any official activity in the area.

3 Likes

It is their willingness to protect Quel’Thalas that makes many High Elves so bitter. I highly recommend Lor’themar’s short story “In the Shadow of the sun.” Not to assume that you haven’t read it yet or anything, I just like it a lot. It’s written by a fan and has a lot of love to it. It features High Elves prominently within it, at the Quel’lithien lodge, just south of Quel’thalas. Which was where many of the Quel’dorei exiles fled to once they were banished. They fought for Quel’Thalas just as fiercely as any Blood Elf still living today, and they were banished for refusing to suck magic from living creatures like Vampyrs.

Anyway, I’m rambling a bit. But I think the High Elven sentiment that Quel’thalas is still their home, combined with their hatred for their sin’dorei cousins who effectively threw them away once they became inconvenient is enough for them to see themselves as the true heirs and protectors of Quel’thalas. My character personally has few problems with Blood Elves, but with the Regency, which to him is little more than a Horde puppet state.

3 Likes

I’ve read that one. It was well written!

I won’t deny that’s certainly one perspective, I just think that another one, particularly for those High Elves in Dalaran, is that Quel’Thalas may be their homeland, but its not their home. Dalaran is their home.

3 Likes

Fortunately, the Silver Covenant is in Dalaran too! So everybody’s happy! :smiley:

4 Likes

Zara here!! I joined Silver Vanguard recently. I love this guild so much! Had a blast in Ghostlands whooping Amani Trolls butts with the gang. If you are looking for High Elf RP look no further!!! :purple_heart:

4 Likes

We need to figure out a night/way where we can cross-server RP in Dalaran at the same time!

4 Likes

The Silver Vanguard continues to grow, roleplay, and recruit! Come check us out at our Guild meeting his Saturday!

4 Likes