[A-RP] Conclave of the Moon - Night Elf RP

A weathered parchment inked with deep violet swirls is pinned to notice boards in every elven town across Kalimdor. When glimpsed at a call to arms inscribed in Darnassian, with a Common translation beneath each line, reads. . .

In’elah shan’are,

The tragic loss of Teldrassil and invasion of Horde forces in our ancestral lands last year has wrought imbalance. Although they have vacated and we have begun to rebuild, a new blight sweeps across our forests. The Scourge. Their presence has bolstered forces we thought to have quelled long ago. Chaos birthed opportunity for our twisted brethren, the naga and satyr, to find a foothold once more.

Those who will not stand to see our lands ravaged. Those who seek to restore balance to our lands. Those who have lost and seek to regain. I bid you meet with me at the edge of the Silverwing Outpost in Ashenvale. It is time we come together to preserve balance in our domestic territories across Kalimdor.

Elune’s everlasting light guide you,

Nyreida Silentfury

Guild Themes:
Kaldorei Centric
Rebuilding & Defending Kalimdor
Celebration of Kaldorei Holidays
Exploration, Adventuring, and Relic Hunting

OOC Regulations:
Lore-Abiding
Character Development Driven
IC =/= OOC

Who Are We?

Conclave of the Moon is a guild focused on safeguarding Kaldorei lands, rebuilding their communities, and carrying out Elune’s will. We aim to provide a mix of combat, cultural, and exploration events revolving around the Kaldorei people.

We strive to be a lore-adherent community focused on encouraging character development through our stories. Player choice, meaningful decisions, and reasonable consequences are at the crux of how we roleplay. At our essence, we’re a tight-knit group of roleplayers with passion for weaving interesting stories with one another.

What Do We Offer?

The Conclave’s primary goal is to help quell threats in Kaldorei lands. We will be visiting each zone in Kalimdor that has Night Elven influence to see how they’ve been affected by the unshackled Scourge during the start of Shadowlands. The chaos wrought has allowed other unsettling forces to thrive and reap destruction of their own.

Each zone the Conclave visits will have different Kaldorei organizations and enemies present. We offer the opportunity to interact with these NPCs on a personal level through an interactable map of the zone. These encounters can be handled one-on-one or through smaller group play and will affect the overarching guild story and larger guild events. Encounters vary in content, some are combat oriented while others are diplomatic ventures.

Some of examples of the map encounters you can expect to see are:

How Do We Run Events?

We utilize a homebrewed D20 system that is a mixture of D&D and other tabletop RPGs that prioritizes writing while allowing variability through customization to appeal to a wide variety of players.

The system includes attributes and skills that players allot points to, as well as traits that offer bonuses (and sometimes drawbacks) that modify how a character can be played. If your character is peaceful, or non-combat oriented, there is still plenty they can do to contribute beyond stabbing monsters with a sword.

While we strongly suggest utilizing this system, if you are a player who enjoys rolling a D20 and calling it a day then we don’t mind. At the end of the day, the narrative of the story is what drives roleplay, not dice.

How do I Join?

We recruit by invite-only and do not require a lengthy OOC interview or application. We offer guild invitations to people who have taken the time to get to know us, our characters, and have proven they’re a good addition to the pleasant environment we seek to build for our guild. If you’re interested in joining, seek us out in-game or send a whisper to arrange walk-up roleplay.

We’re looking for:

• Active players who will engage in guild stories or are willing to be storytellers.
• Individuals who have enthusiasm for working within the constraints of lore.
• Players who take initiative in creating stories with others, are well-mannered & considerate.

Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of characters are allowed?

Kaldorei from all walks of life can join. This includes Death Knights and Demon Hunters although it will be on a case by case basis. Worgen, and other races, may join on a case by case basis as well but characters should fundamentally have goals that align with the guild’s.

Any characters seeking to join must be lore-abiding.

We have an expectation of respect for all RPers from our community. However, we also have our own expectations of characters that we roleplay with and that join our ranks. We are a lore-adherent guild that wishes to provide an immersive experience to our community where our characters are on more-or-less equal footing.

There’s nothing wrong with roleplaying characters that don’t fit this mold. But they will not be accepted into our ranks out of fairness to other members.

Unsure if your character will fit? It’s totally a-okay to run an idea by our officers and see if it fits. We strive to be inclusionary and bolster interest in the RP community by working with interested players to create a concept that works for us and them.

Can my evil character join?

All alignments are welcome within the Conclave but keep in mind that we are a lawful organization.

If your character is outright causing harm to innocents and acting as a liability then they will not fit well within our ranks. Keep in mind the surrounding you are placing your character into and expect realistic reactions from other characters.

While we enjoy IC conflict, provided that it doesn’t get taken OOC, it should never dominate roleplay. Disagreements are bound to happen between characters but we do not want consistently needless hostility with no potential for remedy.

Other Important Information and Links

Discord: https://discord.gg/ZYhkXJTcBQ

Contact Information
In Game Name: Confident

Moderator: Edited title. Symbols are not permitted in thread titles.

15 Likes

A super cool guild run by a super cool GM! Join us and get in on the fun.

4 Likes

Definitely interested in joining. :smiley:

4 Likes

A really great and experienced group of players, RPers, and DMs. The guild’s concept is truly exciting for those who have a soft spot for Night Elf lore and overall atmosphere. The GM, as well as other members hold a great passion for the Kaldorei — their lore, history, and current events.
If you are seeking to immerse yourself in the Night Elf side of things, this group is perfect! <3

Elune-adore!

6 Likes

Great looking guild, and love the focus of seeking updates in each of the zones!

7 Likes

The first iteration of the guild’s D20 system is done! I will be holding a workshop for it on Wednesday then we will be trying out the system on Friday with a small event.

Looking forward to RPing with all these great people! And thank you for all your kind words.

4 Likes

We had an event last night to test out the dice system where the Conclave was sent out in search of a missing child in Astranaar. He’d taken off in the night in search for his saber cub, who’d been spooked earlier in the day and ran off.

In the end, we were able to find the child and return him home safely; but a strange amassing of undead in the north signals unease for Ashenvale, and it is undoubtedly not the end of the Conclave’s troubles with them.

The event went wonderful, and it was exciting seeing how everyone’s characters reacted differently! If you’re interested in the Conclave’s work, or think it’d be a wonderful new home for your character – please join the discord and reach out to us!

3 Likes

Hi! I’ve been following this thread for a hot minute and needless to say I am very interested. I’ve been on a brief hiatus, but have recently re-worked my lad here and I’m looking to get into a RP Guild. I have a preference for something Kaldorei-themed or Kaldorei exclusive, so this would be perfect, but I’ve got to ask first and foremost if y’all have any regulations regarding Demon Hunters. If so, I have no issue brainstorming a new character to try you guys out! Feel free to reach out to this character in-game - I’ll also join the discord shortly, so hopefully we can establish a line of communication. Thanks :smiley:

5 Likes

Hi Gillidiir!

Glad to hear we peaked your interest. We don’t have any hard restrictions on Demon Hunters or Death Knights but they are accepted on a case-by-case basis. We want to make sure they fit into the themes of our guild and are a good fit.

Definitely join the discord! I am far more accessible there and can answer any of your follow up questions.

1 Like

This week the Conclave investigated a relic that was stolen by naga, hunted satyr, and destroyed a Scourge cauldron corrupting Ashenvale.

It’s been eventful but very fun! Almost every day this week, when not fighting or almost dying, we’ve been spending time at the outpost and doing social RP.

If you’re interested in the guild or just in making some Kaldorei contacts and RPing in Ashenvale then please stop by the outpost!

1 Like

We have three events set up this week, two guild events and one casual sparring one! This and next week are busy ones for us, but we’re posting weekly schedules in advance for people! :>

If you’re interested, please reach out to us!

4 Likes

It’s great to see this! I hope the best for you guys o7

2 Likes

How does one find you lot and interact to see if their character fits?

1 Like

Hey there, Domenico! We’re chilling out in Ashenvale at the Silverwing Outpost almost every night.

Otherwise, you can join the discord linked to get in contact with us. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

AAAAH i just went to my first Guild event the other night! the D20 system is very confusing to me, and i’m also a new roleplayer but they are very friendly and patient with me and helped me so much with my character lore wise and on how to use the Dice master addon.

They are really a nice bunch of folks and i’m having so much fun roleplaying with them while learning the ropes at the same time!

3 Likes

Really glad to have you with us, Aiana. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is a wonderful group of people - and we’ve got events galore!

2 Likes

We’ll be attending the Children of the Stars Festival tomorrow!

Been having a lot of fun with these folks.

2 Likes

Giving this a bump. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will definitely be in touch with you guys soon once I buy a sub next week. Will prolly level my Night elf Fae’dri some more and then look out for you!

5 Likes