[A-RP] Alterac Liberation Front - INTERREGNUM

ALTERAC LIBERATION FRONT, formerly the CITY-STATE OF ALTERAC
Realistic Medieval Paramilitary (Military / Navy / Scarlet / Frontier) themed heavy RP
๑۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬✠†♔†✠▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩๑
WEBPAGE:
tinyurl.com/ALFForum
Guild OOC Application to join: application being remade
"Survival of the [human] race is more important than that of any
one kingdom. And if we do not have our honor, we have nothing at all." - General Hath
, Commander of the Alterac Forces when speaking to King Thoras Trollbane about Aiden Perenolde's treachery

Table of Contents
I. THE BRIEF
II. IC/OOC information and Joining
III. Alterac Active Story Overview
IV. Alterac Lore, Stories, and Documents
V. Alterac Info Tabs
VI. Alterac Miscellaneous Info

Recruitment Status: OPEN and actively recruiting!
▬ An old (founded on 3/12/2013), server notorious, constantly growing Alterac guild that was the first (successful) Alterac guild on MG that most Alterac guilds trace their roots to. Since 2013 we have been striving to perfect our quality of roleplay and provide a homely atmosphere where everyone is welcomed.
▬ Emphasis on Alterac/Northlands cultural, heavy medieval lifestyle roleplay, character progression, skirmishes, RP-PvP against the Horde, and simple characters with humble beginnings hungry for character development and a friendly community.
▬ ‘Paramilitary’ RP with emphasis on creating/observing Alterac (or 'Northlander') culture and traditions, as well as a mixture of geurilla warfare, training our military forces, helping our fellow humans and non-human allies combat the Horde, as well as settling down, developing a town with shops, trading wagons, politics, scouting expeditions, pilgrimages, character progression, immersive guild events, and a plethora not listed... because the limits are infinite! We welcome and cater to helping you bring your ideas for your character to life.
(https://wow.gamepedia.com/Northlands)
▬ Realistic Medieval Northlander guild in Alterac with canon and RPG inspiration.

Basic IC Info
Affiliation: Reformed Kingdom of Alterac (since Uther outlawed the Kingdom of Alterac from the Alliance and whose remnants formed the Syndicate; therefore the Reformed Kingdom is a separate provisional Alliance backed government entente) allied to the Alliance

NPC Authority: Isiden Perenolde, rightful King of Alterac; currently in an age of INTERREGNUM in his absence.

Alignment: Chaotic neural (although evil/good characters are possible)

Location: Alterac Mountains (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Ruins_of_Alterac)

Races: Alliance-only; Humans and Afflicted Humans (Worgen), Dwarves, Gnomes, and Quel’dorei are accepted thru the application process because their characters generally fit. Draenei, Kaldorei, and Pandaren will have to include a reason that makes sense in lore for them to join.

Classes: All EXCEPT DKs, DHs, and OP Warlocks; Death Knights will be viewed with distaste as Forsaken-like beings since the Scourge invaded baronies like Barony Mordis (Warcraft: The Sunwell Trilogy), Demon Hunters are too modern for the guild's premises, and Warlocks are a case-by-case basis. No demons, no practicing fel magic - or be capable of hiding your character's dark magic.

Basic Information
GUILD NAME: Alterac Liberation Front & formerly the City-State of Alterac
GUILD LEADER: General Kormed
UNOFFICIAL MOTTO: "Leave our cities and villages intact and do not hound or hunt our people." - King Aiden Perenolde to Orgrim Doomhammer
FACTION: Alliance (aligned with but ultimately for Alterac's self-interests & preservation)
RP: Heavy
PVP: Casual; occasional RP-PvP will happen during BFA
PVE: Casual, working on getting ready for BFA content
GUILD OFFICERS
HICOM: Kormed (Steward of Alterac, General of ALF, & Scarlet Hand Grand Crusader);
OLIGARCHY: Gortolin (Marshal of the Hath Battalion, leader of the Stormpikes in the ALF)
OFFICERS: Carlord, Rábjórn
JUNIOR OFFICERS: Targheim
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

ALTERAC LIBERATION FRONT
II. IC/OOC Information and Joining:

"While the knights of Stormwind polish their armor and engage in ridiculous errands that they dare to call 'quests', the solid dependable folk of Alterac are fighting for their lives and homes in the real war." - Aretain Naris, Alteraci patriot and Third War Veteran (Alliance Player's Guide)

OUT OF CHARACTER INFO
- - -

TIME OF ACTIVITY:

MATURITY: While we're not going to say "18+" on our tag because we're not going to ask you about your age, our guild is based on sometimes 'mature' themes. We ask that no matter your age that you have an 18+ mentality in the sense that you're an adult and if you're not, you act like it. If you are mature, that means you also won't be childish OOCly - antagonizing your guild members unnecessarily, using racial/homophobic slurs, or whatever else prevents being inclusive as an OOC community. If you are a bigot, we do not want you.

ATTITUDEWe understand your character might be a diabolic Syndicate in disguise or innately rebellious, but please don't take this as an opportunity to quip up at every possible moment and be a perpetually edgy character... or an edgy person OOCly for that matter). A good balance of such an attitude if your character possesses it is a story key; on the same coin, a good balance of your attitude as an individual helps go a long way, too.

OOC ATTITUDE: 4-chan or passive aggressive attitudes, social media negativity, etc. won't be tolerated here; being snarky, sexist, hateful towards who or what someone is, racist... WILL NOT be tolerated in this guild. We don't want to be your parents, we want to have fun roleplaying. End of story.

GUILD RP ATMOSPHERE: The atmosphere is made to be hard, gaudy, and "blue-collar". We are a militia who have lost our homes or individuals who are affiliated with these uprooted folk of Alterac. With that, keep in mind we want your character to have the right appearance for their role. So with that in mind, we do not encourage ridiculous uniforms, Cataclysm raid gear, or any gear that is gigantic, blocky, excessively lighted or appearing, especially of it has special affects like lightning, magma, ice, etc. We'd prefer you to wear things like hoods and fur cloaks or ram hide shawls as they would in the more colder mountains of Alterac. While you may not get sick, cut yourself, get bruised up, eat, etc. we invite you to challenge your character's everyday life and their most realistic portrayals. Try to "feel" how your character is and express it in your content!

IN CHARACTER INFO
- - -

TRUE ALTERACI CULTURE & IDENTITY
This guild strives to provide an immersive and ideal Alteraci culture based on what the Warcraft setting, lore, and Blizzard has given us. Often, you may see me even using various lore sources to make my explanations. While we may incorporate some things similar to what was used in Medieval Europe, we will by no means be a direct reflection of anything or any events based on real world history, specifically that time period. What we will stick to is what is strictly Blizzard content in an attempt to stay as lore-accurate as possible.

RETAKING THE HOMEFRONT & AIDING THE ALLIANCE
The ALF is based on General Hath's vision that the Alterac military put the preservation of the human race (and its allies) above that of Alterac's continued independence, and that is exactly what we intend to do now that we are more military oriented. Because of this, the Liberation Front will not only stay in the Alterac Mountains but will be travelling across the whole Lordaeron continent with fellow Northlander allies to repulse Sylvanas; and because of Anduin and the Alliance's great work in the Tirisfal Glades, it is without question that these Alteraci wish to redeem their names once and for all so that when Sylvanas is finally cast out of the Alterac Mountains, they can establish an era of prosperity for themselves.

NORTHLANDER CULTURE
This guild will also create and observe Alteraci culture and the Alterac nation's traditions. Cultural events such as formal balls, marriages, and other celebrations and festivities of the Alteraci people will be observed and practiced by this guild. Any cultural ideas that Blizzard has provided (like Syndicate sympathizing, supporting orcish internment camps, orcish slavery, ram hide cloaks, ram training/riding, or wearing snow fur materials or what have you, and) will be observed with accuracy and realism.

APPROACHABILITY
We will remain inclusive, not exclusive. You (except trolls and lolrpers) are welcomed to RP with us! I don't care who you are or what your guild tag is.

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
ALTERAC LIBERATION FRONT
III. Alterac Active Story Overview:
----------------------------------

"I will reclaim our honor." - General Hath of Alterac to King Thoras Trollbane of Stromgarde

"THE STORY SO FAR" (modern Alterac)

ACT ONE: RETURN TO ALTERAC

ACT ONE PRIMARY GOALS
  • Find a temporary home while building up forces (Aerie Peak). ✓
  • SECONDARY GOALS
  • Petition the House of Nobles for resources. ✓

• ๑۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬✠†♔†✠▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩๑
    ACT TWO: ??
    ACT TWO PRIMARY GOALS
  • UNDECIDED.
  • SECONDARY GOALS
  • UNDECIDED.

• For those reading the Active Story Overview, it lists major events we've had within our Acts, which are essentially major chapters of the guild. When these events are completed, they get a ✓ mark. If they are failed, they get an X mark.
    ALTERAC LIBERATION FRONT
    IV. Alterac Info & Miscellaneous Tabs:
    ----------------------------------

"No killing, raiding, razing, or other atrocities here in the mountains. Leave our cities and villages intact and do not hound or hunt our people." (Tides of Darkness) - Aiden Perenolde

Alterac Newsletter
    12/07/18

Since our name change to the Alterac Liberation Front since September 05, we went on a brief hiatus because of me. However, I am back and resubbed to WoW. The officer core is discussing remaining fully Alterac or becoming more Scarlet themed, but regardless of our ultimatum you can expect we will provide a quality RP atmosphere and cater to character (storyline) development to the best of our capabilities.

NEW ALTERAC TRIVIA
    Did you know...

- . . . that the Liberation Front is an Alterac centric militia guild that welcomes most characters?
    - . . . that the City-State of Alterac (we the present day ALF) were and still are the oldest, active Alterac guild on the server?
    - . . . that we welcome ALL nationalities of humans, dwarves, Quel'dorei & Alliance races?
    - . . . that any classes, even warlocks who can hide their aura (no demonologists), are accepted?
    - . . . that we're looking for potential officers and active, dedicated roleplayers?
    This is a good evolution of previous Alterac RP. With that being said, it might be time to graduate from the intense Scarlet Crusade affiliation (I never saw it making a whole lot of sense in the first place) your group has portrayed Alterac to have. Undoubtedly the remaining Alteraci people would want to distinguish themselves as the independent nation they once were (and likely hope to be), free of ties to the Kingdom of Lordaeron.

The posts are very well written and informative but the structure/flare is very hard on the eyes.

Best of luck though! I hope to see this guild grow into more than what the City State was.
    Thanks for the praise and critiques. We do have reasons for why we're Scarlet Renegades instead of Silver Hand, but I will save that for whenever I finish the forum.
    Just gonna parrot myself the last time I saw this thread before the City-State decided to rebrand themselves into this "Liberation Front" and say that there's literally no reason for the Alliance to ever aid anyone trying to rebuild Alterac again, especially now that we're in the middle of an all-out faction war. The last time this happened, Alterac almost had Lordaeron razed to the ground out of that same self-preservation.

There's a reason Alterac remains to this day a charred husk of an ogre mound, and with Lordaeron now entirely a dead zone there's little to no reason to devote any resources in trying to build up a kingdom of traitors and sycophants once again.
    1 Like
    So, legitimately curious here: you admit to having a stronger leaning toward the Scarlet Renegades in a time when they've officially been shown to be dangerous zealots the Alliance doesn't support unlike for the longest stretch of time when there was some debate (with Scarlet emissaries in Stormwind and Desolace). Why would the Alliance throw support behind you?

Second, though just a slight tangent on the first: why would the Alliance support individuals who betrayed them so recently within the timeline? Gilneas was given fairly strong side-eye for not fully supporting the war and building a wall to further keep themselves from dealing with problems. Alterac actively betrayed the Grand Alliance. And to be clear I'm also referencing the time known Alteraci helped Ner'zhul in stealing artifacts which happened slightly after the main bulk of the Second War.

Like, don't get me wrong, I do like seeing efforts to revitalize and recreate the old Human Kingdoms, whether they just weren't added in the game yet or they've fallen, but Alterac being anything but a neutral faction building itself up (especially with the strong Scarlet ties that have been mentioned) seems odd to me?

Especially with a war where our biggest threat is halfway across the ocean rather than in our backyard.
    09/04/2018 12:55 AMPosted by Mythlanai
    to be dangerous zealots the Alliance doesn't support

There are actually many instances of Alliance support for the Scarlet Renegades that were worldwide when Joseph was around during Cata. With that being said, Scarlet Renegades and now the modern Crimson Pilgrims are the only Alliance affiliated Scarlets in lore other than a few named rogues (Raleigh the Devout).

Yes Thoras did exterminate the Monastery, but so did Joseph... so they aren't necessarily rivals.
    King Varian Wrynn personally asked for Alliance mercenaries to help overthrow the corrupt Scarlet Crusade[https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Adventurers_Wanted:_Scarlet_Monastery_Graveyard_(Alliance)], to rid it of its magi, to bring the Scarlets back to the Light [https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Adventurers_Wanted:_Scarlet_Monastery_Library_(Alliance)], and finally, to take part in history [https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Adventurers_Wanted:_Scarlet_Monastery_Cathedral_(Alliance)], that historical moment being when the Alliance finally owns the Monastery. Furthermore, the Stromgarde Militia, which were the remnants of Stromgarde's defenders once led by Thoras Trollbane himself, actually sent reinforcements to Joseph during his rebellion, too. The Scarlet Monastery "used to be a major training ground for [Stromgarde] paladins". [https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:The_Scarlet_Monastery)]Captain Nials even suggests retaking the Monastery could be key to bringing the fight to the Forsaken in Undercity via training paladins. A gnome in the Barrens thought that yhr Monastery would be a strategic distance away from Brill and Undercity.[https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Just_Close_Enough] Joseph's response is that the Scarlet Crusade will help [the Alliance] get revenge on the Forsaken but first they'd have to fix the Crusade's corruption.
    Speaking of which, with you being a Night Elf and all, even SHANDRIS FEATHERMOON, all the way out in KALIMDOR, was able to hear word about Joseph's task and sent Alliance forces to back him up [https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Pitting_Madness_Against_Madness].
    The reason for all of those links was to show there was wide support for the Scarlet Renegades led by Joseph the Awakened, which is what the Scarlet Hand order within my guild is a branch off of. It formed in 2012 when I made it as its original Highlord as one of the first Scarlet Renegade guilds of its time because of the timeframe (Cataclysm) when Joseph the Awakened was first introduced.

There are also many named Alteraci who served with the Scarlet Crusade (Valea, Dorgar, Vishas family) whereas I do not know of any named Silver Hand Alteraci; the Silver Hand was only really active in Alterac in Warcraft 3's intro when Arthas saved Strahnbrad with Uther.
    09/04/2018 12:55 AMPosted by Mythlanai
    Second, though just a slight tangent on the first: why would the Alliance support individuals who betrayed them so recently within the timeline?

Well there are numerous reasons.
    THORAS'S FEELINGS ABOUT AIDEN PERENOLDE: "But amusing,"
    "King! Bah. The word sits ill in my mouth. It's an outrage!" Trollbane cried. He slammed a fist down on the tabic, making cups and flagons and plates jump. "He betrays us all, damn near destroys us, and this is all he gets?" His long face set in a deep scowl. "I say prison, if not outright execution!"
    After the war Terenas had led Alliance troops into Alterac, declaring martial law and taking Perenolde, the fellow Trollbane had been ranting against, into custody. But Tcrenas had simply placed the former king under house arrest, confining him to his palace and the rest of his family to close watch.
    Trollbane, for one, was not satisfied. As Perenolde's closest neighbor, he had long been forced to weather the Alterac king's wily schemes, and it had only been Trollbane s quick thinking and equally quick action that had scaled the mountain passes and cut off a portion of the orcish Horde. Otherwise the entire force would have flowed down onto the plains and across the lake toward Capital City itself, and most likely the city would have fallen.

THORAS'S FEELINGS ABOUT ALIDEN PERENOLDE:"[Aliden's c]ut from the same cloth as his father." "I don't care for young Alidcn much myself," Terenas admitted. "He was far too pampered as a youth— he has never known hardship or travail, and has never faced danger. I fear he has no leadership skills, either. Yet what grounds have we to deny him the throne? He is Aiden's heir. Alterac's crown prince— if his father does abdicate, the crown falls to him."
    "There's no proof he knew of his father's treachery," Trollbane said grudgingly. "Not that being ignorant is much better than being underhanded, but at least he has that in his favor." (Day of the Dragon)
    So why would the Alliance throw support behind our Scarlet Renegades? Because they already have and Scarlet outposts like the Monastery are key for the Battle for Lordaeron!
    THORAS'S FEELINGS ABOUT ISIDEN PERENOLDE: "Ah yes, of course," Prestor took an appreciative sip of tea. "No doubt you have heard about young Isiden?" He seemed surprised at the blank looks he received in response. "One of Lord Perenolde's nephews, He's no more than a youth still."
    "Ah, yes. Ran off to Gilneas, didn't he?" Trollbane asked.
    "Indeed he did, shortly before you declared martial law throughout Alterac. Rumors say he is hoping to rally support there for his own bid for the throne."
    "Greymane mentioned something of that," Terenas recalled. "But he has not met with the boy, or encouraged his suit in any way."
    Prestor shook his head. "He is noble indeed. King Greymane," he mused softly, "to overlook something which could so easily work to his benefit. All he would need to do is back Isiden for the throne and Gilneas would gain a direct stake in Alterac's welfare—and no doubt favored status through the kingdom's many mountain passes." Muradin scratched at his beard. "Aye, that'd be a hard one ta pass up," he agreed. Terenas and Trollbane exchanged glances. Greymane was canny enough not to miss such an opportunity. Yet he claimed he'd not spoken with the boy. Had he lied? Or was he playing a more subtle game?[/quote]
    AND FINALLY... THORAS'S AND EVEN MURADIN'S FEELINGS ABOUT ALTERACI: Trollbane watched the young lord go, frowning. "Prestor may be naive," he said, "but he has a point. Maybe Alterac should pay reparations."
    "With what?" Muradin scoffed. "They're bled dry, just like all of us. Besides, that sounds too much like blood money, which is the same as saying vengeance."
    "Most of our money is going toward rebuilding," Terenas pointed out. "We added Alterac's treasuries to the Alliance's once we took control of the kingdom."
    "Aye, and the orc internment camps are no cheap cither," Muradin added. "With all the money goin' ta those and ta repairs, and ta thai fine new fortress [Nethergarde] by the portal, what's left for reparations?"
    Trollbane sighed. "You're right. I just feel they should pay, somehow. Alterac's betrayal cost so many lives."
    "Perenolde's betrayal," Terenas corrected gently but firmly. "We must remember that. Very few of Alterac's citizens even knew of their king's treachery—Perenolde simply ordered them away from certain passes and made those trails accessible to the Horde. It was less a question of Alterac helping the Horde than of its king granting the orcs free passage and keeping his own citizens out of the way."
    "True enough," Trollbane agreed. "I've known many from Alterac over the years, and most are fine folk, not like their snake of a king."He shook his head, drained his flagon, and wiped his beard and mustache with the back of his hand. "I'll give the matter more thought," he promised.(Day of the Dragon)

He shook his head. "I told Perenolde we should abide by our oaths to the other nations, but he countermanded that. I have sworn fealty to him, and I must obey. Plus I thought he might be right, that this might be our only chance for survival." He frowned. "But survival of the race is more important than that of any one kingdom. And if we do not have our honor, we have nothing at all." He raised his chin, a stern expression settling over his features. "Well, I will reclaim our honor," he declared. Then he turned and shouted at his men. "Corporal! Gather the men! March everyone to the southern passes at top speed! We are going to assist our Stromgarde friends in defending those passes and pushing back the orc Horde!"

As you read above, Terenas commended Thoras on his efforts of saving Capital City from certain annihilation in the Day of the Dragon. What Thoras did was unite the Alteraci army under Hath to go to the proper mountain passes which pushed back the Orcish Horde, saved the Capital City, Alterac, and the Lordaeron and Azeroth continent from becoming fully under the control of the Horde all in one well planned mission of diplomacy and goodwill. My guild branches off from the history and legacy of General Hath and what he did, and as a result, feel like our history co-exists with the Alliance's goals for Alterac. Our guild assists the Stormpikes in "[t]he taking, culling, and turning of that land [Alterac Valley, and] is a sovereign and territorial imperative to the kingdom of Ironforge." [https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:The_Sovereign_Imperative]
    This was a lot of info but I hope it helps clear things up.
    On the subject of the Alliance adding support to the Scarlet Renegades: we know Joseph the Awakened was driven insane, in fact becoming Joseph the Insane. Going off of this I think it's safe to say that the Alliance would view even the friendlier branches of the Scarlet Crusade as dangerous and verging on a psychological breakdown.

But, more than that... the Monastery might have been a good place to launch attacks from, yes. But we now have both Gilneas and Stromgarde as viable options - with Stromgarde actively being a warfront and base of operations in Arathi and for Gilneas... well, putting it this way: why would the Alliance support efforts to rebuild Alterac when they could do the same with Gilneas for a people who came out of their isolation fighting and became one of the stronger foundations for the Alliance.

Like I said: I love the idea of building Alterac up, you make some excellent points, but I just don't see the Alliance supporting it over two a staunch ally during this war.
    You bring up valid points, Mythlanai, and thanks for the discussion with me. I'd like to add this to the debate as to why an Alterac faction would be backed by the Alliance: our guild's storyline arc and vision is to serve in the way General Hath would have.

"But survival of the [human] race is more important than that of any one kingdom. And if we do not have our honor, we have nothing at all." - Hath

Ever since Alterac's downfall, our characters understand that the survival of humanity and its allies is the main priority above simply Alterac's. This is the lesson Hath learned by Thoras Trollbane about Aiden Perenolde's treachery and still stayed loyal to the idea of his people, which, if you read above, Thoras commended in Tides of Darkness. The foundation of our guild is not necessarily that we are going to be able to rebuild Alterac or form it into any cohesive nation-state like we previously did in the City-State of Alterac due to BFA's lore wherein Sylvanas has taken Strahnbrad, Durnholde Keep, the Frostwolves took Alterac City, and the heartland of Alterac looks like it is heavily in the grasp of the Horde. The last event our guild had as the City-State of Alterac was evacuating our citizens to the Aerie Peak since, in lore, the Stormpikes and Wildhammer are close allies, so we thought the Hinterlands would be a good in between our BFA lore to come. Gilneas also evacuated their citizens, and Darius Crowley formed a Liberation Front thereafter which was tasked with retaking Gilneas and driving Sylvanas/the Forsaken war machine out of Gilneas: the ALF has the exact same goal. The Gilneas Liberation Front used guerilla tactics and strategies never seen by the Horde before. [https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Nowhere_to_Run]

Since Gilneans are also one of Alterac's closest allies through out history, we thought it would be a more lore friendly choice to form a plausible retinue of Alteraci and their allies struggling to fend off the Horde occupiers of their homelands: thus was birthed the Alterac Liberation Front. So now you have my reasons.

While we're talking about the guild's purpose and why it wouldn't be plausible to be Alliance backed, we accept we are the minority group in Alterac - even smaller than the Syndicate, and realistically in the lower few hundreds if even that. Nonetheless, even if we are not a niche of RP that everyone wants to have catered to like Stormwind and Lordaeron, we are still going to cater to Alterac RP like we have since March 12, 2013. =)
    The Dominion's long gone so I don't feel that inclined to avoid it anymore. I love Alterac and Alterac RP guilds so I hope you & your guild can find success, Kormed.
    09/04/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Sternbridge
    The Dominion's long gone so I don't feel that inclined to avoid it anymore. I love Alterac and Alterac RP guilds so I hope you & your guild can find success, Kormed.

You're always welcomed to farm potatoes in Alterac. =^) Thanks for the support, RIP DoA.
    I commend the attention to Warcraft lore.

However, at this point I feel as if Alterac is one of the instances that demands forging ahead in terms of player driven content. Characters that develop and evolve in reaction to the world around them drive immersive RP. Clinging to events that took place several decades ago to be the defining factor in an Alterac guild just doesn't seem to fit given the current situation in the North. Not to mention that the majority of player-characters within the guild don't portray the mantra you've set forth as far as I can tell.

On one hand you have a fiercly 'old school' Alterac theme. On the other you aim to (and already do) bring a wide array of characters into the guild. One approach simply just doesn't jive with the other. Again, there is a buttload of attention to detail and lore here but in order for the group to appeal to players, myself included, lines need to be drawn and mentalities need to be revisited.

I've always enjoyed the concept of Alterac and your efforts have always held the most promise on this server - I just hope that this iteration isn't squandered.
    I think I read the old thread before. I'll come back to give the new one an honest read later.

But in the mean time, how does Viceroy Kormed? I mean, let's just be serious here! You aren't going to get a better offer.
    You still recruiting for this !@#$ RP?
    tinyurl.com/ALFLink
    tinyurl.com/CityStateOfAlterac
    redacted
    Uh? Those are pretty wild claims, I've never talked about politics to people out of respect to my position as a GM so I really doubt that.

What I can tell you about the guild name is that it originates from the <Gilneas Liberation Front> which had the job of uniting the Gilnean patriots who were not the citizens evacuated to fight off the Forsaken occupying their homelands - much like our current situation in Alterac now that BFA has began and it is apparent the Horde owns Alterac City, Sylvanas owns Strahnbrad, and the Forsaken are very active in Hillsbrad again.

We do not use national socialist imagery, and once again, I'd ask you to refer to tinyurl.com/ALFLink

As you can clearly see, the only things I'm really using are game models and WC3 icons. If you think game models or WC3 have fascist connotations in them, please report them to Blizzard, don't attack me for it. All you've provided is hearsay that I'm trying to answer the best I can... so either provide legitimate critiques or don't waste my time. Please.