A Request for a TBC Server

I’m making a plea for a dedicated TBC server. Just one per region. Since it ended, I find myself barely playing the game. I unsub often because I lose interest. TBC was great. I found myself playing whenever I found the time to do so. I could always find something to do.

There’s a P server that has just under 6k players on it right now. That should be a clear indication that there’s a desire for it. C’mon Blizz. There’s a desire by a section of the player base for a TBC server. You already put in the work of making it. Why let that work go to waste?

15 Likes

So what did Classic TBC have that Classic Wrath doesn’t have?

Better raids.
A more “Classic” feel than WotLK.
Preferable rotations on certain classes.
Better zones.
More exciting phases.

Look, all of this is obviously subjective. But this idea of “just play Wrath” is silly. If the answer was that simple, I probably wouldn’t be making this post.

3 Likes

The question is more opposite: What did Wrath add that was not there in TBC? and that some would like to be without?

1 Like

Heirlooms…

Which are kind of a double-edged sword.

I personally think the game does better without them.

1 Like

Well if someone would rather be without, just ignore the new stuff. Now if the rotations are different, the interface is different and you can’t do TBC raids, as Sunfin suggests, then those would be issues.

Wrath added at least faster levelling, more gear, map with Questhelper, glittering objects and a load of other things you cannot just “unsee”.
If what you said was in fact true - that you could play BC in the Wrath server - asking for BC servers would be pointless.

personally for me the combat got worse and i dont like how its feeling like retail.
the dungeons in retail and how its played is why i quit playing at the end of the day.
dungeons are barely fun now either, its just go go go. i miss how it was more of “chill” and go. its not as bad as retail but i see where they got the “rush” mode from. its just inching towards it.

also some classes suck. lol disc was more fun than this ireration and tbc/classic version was bad and not viable but it was fun to KINDA try it.

yeah if they gave tbc priests the penance spell, all would be well in the cathedral. you’re like a duck in a shooting gallery in tbc bgs without it but shadowpriests are fun!

my tbc frost mage was awesome with her water pet cd. tbc water pet was the best mage upgrade in classic era. the wotlk water pet, not so good

wotlk ruined my water pet. they scaled down its tankiness and damage and made it permanent. made it feel weak by comparison and it died easier too

What’s the down side of these things that you mentioned?
They sound like improvements.

Name a thing. Pvp was better, gameplay was better, quests were better, zones were better, pve was better, lore… well, it was neat, but wrath has it been there. Gear looked FAR superior unless you were plate.

2 Likes

You here tell me exacly why we need Era servers for all 3 Classic iteations of WoW.
I do not find this to be imnprovements whereas you do … and why are you so much against people having fun the way they like it?

First of all I’m not advocating for anything. I’m just asking questions. But how does having more choices (vanillia, tbc, wrath, cat, retail) result in people not being able to have fun the way they like it?

Well the raids some were relaxxing and easy while some were harder, ending in swp. Duel spec would help the annoying raid comp logistics which was the main thing that the raid wide buffs in wrath solved.

Alot of the loot was a halfway between the all raids produce good stuff so there is a reason to hit zg for example of vanilla and the each phase will make the last one redundant which did happen in wrath but it was more after two phases in wrath.

The main annoyances were that flying made 310 speed ganks a thing no one could counter, and planning groups for 25mans. They could solve this maybe and this is just a theory on games but allow for 40man level 70 raid versions for t6. There was unlike vanilla given the consume crunch to just using demonslaying elixir and a gaurdian potion a lack of farming compared to vanilla. So with fewer world bosses and the like the world felt smaller so maybe more of that sod has some nice world content which might be a good model for tbc+.

So it had mostly to do with raids? I’m not sure I understand your point about flying. Didn’t both TBC and Wrath have flying?

Well the terrokar towers could have been a really good open world pvp event, but the flying ruined it somewhat as people would just fly to the top of the towers. With improvements and much bigger rewards in terrocar and nagrand they could really bring back open world pvp.

Flying specifically 280/310 mounts were not as common as they are in wrath, so anyone with a 310 speeder could be a gank lord.

As for the raids most were top tier: kara, mag, scc,tk, gl, bt, za, swp, and naxx all except for hyjal were really fun, hyjal was more for trash rep farms. The only problem was that for the raid you were progressing raid comp math was annoying having 3 shamans for the tank, melee, and sometimes 2nd melee group was a chore at times. But that is the only real negative.

1 Like

Thousands of us are praying for unchanged TBC Era Servers and eventually everyone will want permanent Wrath unchanged servers as well. Please Blizz.

2 Likes