A recent lawsuit accuses the WoW team of being part of a "frat boy culture" - does that impact the story?

Oh yes. Lore, politics, religion. These are not concepts, these are trophies I keep in my den as paperweights. If DaVinci were alive today, he’d be eating microwaved sushi naked in the back of a Cadillac with the both of us. The project of his life is now a toy of mine.

2 Likes

He likely would, there’s no doubt about that. Michaelangelo too, I feel like he’d be up for some kinky stuff.

2 Likes

I was curious about it so I looked at presbyterian mission dot org to find the offical church stance on abortion and they believe it’s the women’s choice.This reaffirms what I know to be in good Protestant faith. The official church is pro-choice… and that’s nice. Here’s the official statement:

Presbyterians have struggled with the issue of abortion for more than 30 years, beginning in 1970 when the General Assembly, the national governing body of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), declared that “the artificial or induced termination of a pregnancy is a matter of careful ethical decision of the patient . . . and therefore should not be restricted by law"

In 2006, the 217th General Assembly approved language that clarified the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) position on problem pregnancies.

When an individual woman faces the decision whether to terminate a pregnancy, the issue is intensely personal, and may manifest itself in ways that do not reflect public rhetoric, or do not fit neatly into medical, legal or policy guidelines. Humans are empowered by the spirit prayerfully to make significant moral choices, including the choice to continue or end a pregnancy. Human choices should not be made in a moral vacuum, but must be based on Scripture, faith and Christian ethics. For any choice, we are accountable to God; however, even when we err, God offers to forgive us.

The 217th General Assembly (2006) reiterated the role of the church in individual and families lives as they face problem pregnancy issues.

The church has a responsibility to provide public witness and to offer guidance, counsel and support to those who make or interpret laws and public policies about abortion and problem pregnancies. Pastors have a duty to counsel with and pray for those who face decisions about problem pregnancies. Congregations have a duty to pray for and support those who face these choices, to offer support for women and families to help make unwanted pregnancies less likely to occur, and to provide practical support for those facing the birth of a child with medical anomalies, birth after rape or incest, or those who face health, economic, or other stresses.

The church also affirms the value of children and the importance of nurturing, protecting and advocating their well-being. The church, therefore, appreciates the challenge each woman and family face when issues of personal well-being arise in the later stages of a pregnancy.

“In life and death, we belong to God.” Life is a gift from God. We may not know exactly when human life begins, and have but an imperfect understanding of God as the giver of life and of our own human existence, yet we recognize that life is precious to God, and we should preserve and protect it. We derive our understanding of human life from Scripture and the Reformed Tradition in light of science, human experience and reason guided by the Holy Spirit. Because we are made in the image of God, human beings are moral agents, endowed by the Creator with the capacity to make choices. Our Reformed Tradition recognizes that people do not always make moral choices, and forgiveness is central to our faith. In the Reformed Tradition, we affirm that God is the only Lord of conscience — not the state or the church. As a community, the church challenges the faithful to exercise their moral agency responsibly.

Maybe we can put this debate to rest now.

4 Likes

Wonder how a certain someone is going to twist that

It doesn’t matter, his own church denounces his extreemist beliefs.

1 Like

He did say he switched from being Presbyterian to Pentecostal

I knew his rehtoric comes from Evangelicalism. They are the only church to have these radical sexist stances.

I have my own stances on “Christanity for profit”, those stances are unkind, so I will not share them here.

2 Likes

I’m just morbidly curious at this point :wolf:

Pentecostal is not very specific, though. There are many different churches.

3 Likes

Ya know, for someone who shames others for switching churches…and losing faith. am I surprised he also switched churces? No, I’m not.

1 Like

I just find it all to be very hypocritical, you know?

I honestly wonder if he’s just an extremist disguising himself as a person of faith

1 Like

I know he thinks I’m a bully at this point. But one thing I’m almost hyper vigilant about is political, social and religious extreemism.

Nor should this extreemism be normalized.

2 Likes

The important thing here is that in the views of many a woman would have less say about her body than a corpse. You can’t harvest organs from a corpse without permission, yet Church and State would conspire together to dictate a woman’s medical decisions when she is carrying. They would force a woman to carry to term irregardless of circumstance.

There are women who have died of sepsis from carrying a dead fetus inside them because of abortion restrictions.

There are woman serving prison time because of miscarriages. That’s the naked truth behind the touchy-feeling sentiment you’re trying to evoke. The fetus life is precious all right but the woman herself seems to be worth squat in comparison, her status as a baby factory trumping her rights as a person.

7 Likes

There’s a difference? There is nothing more extrreme, more impossible to argue or debate with than a True Believer.

2 Likes

Life isnt’ always about being able to choose the pretty choices.

To you maybe, others see it differently, others don’t see cell clumps as deserving to trump the rights of the woman carrying them.

2 Likes

I wasn’t trying to invoke anything. Incase you haven’t figured it out, I find it really messed up that women have so little say about their bodies. I’m not the enemy here. When corpses and drug hippos have more rights than a woman, than the whole system is broken and needs to be torn down. The same right wing extremists who complain about kids being aborted, could care less about the ones alive and starving on the streets as we speak. It’s all hypocritical. For the record and for those confused still, a clump of six week old cells is not a life

1 Like

Sure, but that doesn’t mean I have to give into people extorting me into compromising my morals with threats of self harm.

Regardless of what you choose, you are deeming one life as less important than the other.

1 Like

Yes, a zygotes life is not the same as the woman carrying it, medically or legally.

Zygotes, fetuses and the unborn babies are not legal persons. They are medically refered to as “fetal tissue.” You cannot take out life insurance on fetal tissue, it’s not a legal person. You cannot get paid life insurance for the baby if you have a miscarriage, nor can man sue a women if she miscarries his child.

Legal persons have more legal rights and medical rights than fetal tissue.

Women are people, thier lives are more important.

8 Likes

And what do you base that on?

At what point does a life have value?

And yet they are living, just as self aware as a newborn.
If your definition is based on location, in this case, just a few inches outside of the body, then that is your belief. But don’t blame people for having more complex definitions.

It is considered a legal person in homicide cases.

The unborn can be women too.