A real GDKP solution

Full raid create alts on a designated retail or era server. Bid with wow tokens rather than igg on SoD. GDKP ban cleanly circumvented.

You’re welcome.

Edit: TBH was just a random idea, curious on peoples thoughts cause seems 100% clean aside from having the extra step of logging to alts to bid with tokens.

You really are … special…

It won’t be adopted by the masses ever…

8 Likes

You’re just arguing for GDKP with sanctioned currency.

2 Likes

And you are … Cleaver…

1 Like

Go for it, atleast your loot system won’t drive up inflation for every other player on the server and bots won’t be able to sell the tokens to you.

1 Like

Well yeah, that’s the point.
TBH don’t really care, just spittballing an idea that seems decent.

Correct, solves nearly all issues. Rather than the Carries in a gdkp getting igg to stock themselves with consumes and whatnot they get free gametime.

1 Like

Save for the fact that circumventing bans is also against TOS and this method will still be liable to get you suspended or banned if you get reported for it lol.

1 Like

Wrong, blizz clearly explained the ban on GDKP is in relation to selling items in exchange for igg and any form of raiding that items are exchanged for gold. This is items exchanged for game time. No gold involved, so its clean and legal by all accounts.

Nah, the wow token can be sold for gold, not just used for game time.

This is like all those people talking about gathering Black Lotus or a comparable Phase 2 item and using THAT in order to bid on items in a raid instead of gold.

Its just GDKP with extra steps and if you think Blizzard will allow that circumvention when they’ve made their stance on the subject pretty clear… well, I wish you or anyone who tries this method of circumvention the best of luck. I know I wouldn’t want to risk my WoW account on something like that personally.

2 Likes

Looooooooooooool.

Your ban will be over before they look at your appeal.

2 Likes

The token itself is not gold. It does not bring gold into the economy and is exchanged directly through blizzard. Now certainly blizzard could decide to take action against this, but from what I understand this would be something they allow. The black lotus thing holds a few significant differences; firstly the black lotus themselves could be directly exchanged for gold on SoD and many of them will likely be directly obtained from bots.

I’ve also got to say, thank you!
“I wish you or anyone who tries this method of circumvention the best of luck. I know I wouldn’t want to risk my WoW account on something like that personally.”
I appreciate that we can talk reasonably, way too much flaming and trolling with people being stubborn with their opinions so this was nice to read.

Can you explain?

Go advertise that run.

Watch what happens next.

2 Likes

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

We have a real GDKP solution. It’s called they’re banned.

1 Like

What likely happens would be mass false reports leading to an automated ban. So is that your argument? “Social Justice”?

The gdkp ban as blizz stated is a ban against any system exchanging raid items for in game gold on sod servers. (they stated this is explicitly for SoD only currently)

So how does what I suggest violate this?

GDKPs don’t bring gold into the economy either though. They facilitate the transfer of already existing gold between players and generate no gold themselves. And yet Blizzard is still testing banning them for Phase 2.

Put bluntly, whether Blizzard takes action against your idea or not will depend entirely on what the automated AI systems they have in place detecting and punishing GDKP runs pick up when people try to do this Era/Wotlk wow token tomfoolery.

But at the same time, it’s kind of a moot point because let’s be honest, about 5% of the people doing GDKP runs every three days right now are going to be willing to go through all the trouble to use wow tokens instead like you’re suggesting. The other 95% will either quit the game or just do a different type of raid from now on.

Sure, np. TBH I have no strong feelings one way or the other surrounding GDKPs. I’ve done one GDKP raid in my entire time playing not just SoD but also WoW in general and it was… fine lol.

That said, all of these attempts to circumvent Blizzard’s ban sound like they can only end in heartbreak. All of you guys with your ideas on how to keep doing GDKP-in-spirit despite Blizzard saying they have systems in place for ‘detecting’ this sort of thing might be in for a bad time.

This is not an argument. Can you elaborate?

LFM Gnomer GDKP. MUST HAVE ALT ON TICHONDRIUS SERVER OR NO INVITE

3 hours later…

LFM Gnomer MS > OS

4 Likes