A Rant - Keys should not derank

We are literally the Google results for these discussions. How about you try acting a little bit nicer about it?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve probably done much harder content than you have so suggesting folks arenā€™t good enough when they donā€™t get invited because of the class the pick is silly.

There is also no reason why players cant have fun and just play the game. We donā€™t need saving, we just want to play the game.

2 Likes

This is probably the worst possible point to make about key depletion.

If players want to struggle in a difficulty and do the same key 10 times before they complete it, thatā€™s their business. Why would you or Blizzard care if some groups want to challenge themselves beyond their current gear or skill level and learn from that experience?

Let people play the game when they want. The key system is anti-player and pushes people away from playing and enjoying the game.

5 Likes

Okay you chad.

1 Like

50-50

That would be a good thingā€¦

But that also means that you will be trapped in a high key for all eternity.

In beta some people are suggesting that they use the Delve UI in keys as well and just let people select what tier they want to do up to what theyā€™ve unlocked.

2 Likes

You could always derank your key at the vendor in the main hub if you want.

1 Like

Like I said, WoW players are idiots when it comes to acknowledging their shortcomings. e.g. look at all the whining about m0

1 Like

choosing the difficulty of the Mythic + instead some RNG bsht would be a great improvement!

so you can chose between 1 and 50.

4 Likes

We get it. You are smarter than everyone and everyone else are idiots.

If youā€™d like to engage with any points Iā€™ve brought up, Iā€™d be happy to discuss with you. Otherwise just saying ā€œpeople are dumbā€ isnā€™t insightful. Have a good day.

5 Likes

People will inevitably remove players from keys until they get the perfect mix to move them up a level. 14 tries to do a +12? No problem for some players. I donā€™t think you realize the monster that will be unleashed if this happens. All the whiners will just change what they whine about.

Have you thought about this at all?

1 Like

I agree Ariathos! Hope they make this change.

Your points are all opinions. You wanna pull big until you realize the perfect size of pulls. Okā€¦? Youā€™re not in MDI you know? (You can do that in MDI fyi)

Yes most design is based on opinions.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean here. I want to be able to play the game but currently cant because people wont risk their key inviting a warrior.

2 Likes

This seems paradoxical, because someone is inevitably running their own key.

It seems like this is the point of contention and what leads you to this assertion. Have you ever btag-friended the players youā€™ve run with in the mid-teens range and assembled a team you can reliable call on? Are all your keys in that range pugged for each party slot?

And deranking has little to do with that.

Thereā€™s more to it than this, but TLDRā€¦ the same reason you donā€™t get the loot if you canā€™t kill a raid boss. The timescale and methodology just differ.

Itā€™s saying ā€œyouā€™ve failed, to get back to that point, or higher, push this key further or use another key.ā€ It is part of the ā€˜obstacleā€™ youā€™re meant to clear for the content.

Why I find myself explaining extremely basic gameplay design ideas to people these days is a wonder, though.

Why do you go back to a checkpoint when you die in Super Mario Bros?

2 Likes

What I love about these people that make threads like this is the complete disregard for the book, ā€œIf You Give a Mouse a Cookieā€ that children read. I believe people like the OP should read that book before asking for deranking to be removed.

What is next? The key always goes up a level? You get a participation trophy in the mail after a failed key?

Somewhat there is definitely a balance. However, only running your key is an effort in futility. Lots of groups running their own key will have like 2-3 friends sharing their keys but need 2 to 3 people to fill.

Yeah I probably have added about 10-15 people from just this season. Weā€™ve even tried scheduling a specific day in a discord. Unfortunately, schedules get in the way and people canā€™t make certain days like today. Iā€™m stuck holding my 17 for my friend cause he also plays off meta and a chance at a 17 is a big deal for both of us.

1 Like

I think easily selecting the difficulty similar to the delve UI or at least removing key depletion might result in some people being toxic, but those people were already toxic.

It will also result in more ā€œchillā€ groups forming that arenā€™t just annoying people who cry at a single wipe and abandon the group.

It will make more room for a wider variety of players to participate in the content. Itā€™s then a matter of improving the premade group finder (or getting people to take advantage of features that already exist) to make finding the right group for you easier. IE: make better use of the playstyle feature and allow easy filtering by playstyle (currently you have to mouseover groups and most people donā€™t even pay attention to this feature since you canā€™t make good use of it currently). Iā€™d also incorporate features from the premade groups filter addon into the base game.